[Guide] [Loadout] Combat Medic - Swiss Army Knife

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Iridar51, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Iridar51

>>> Posted at Iridar.net <<<
    Just a relatively short article but the playstyle that I have picked up lately. In the future I also want to make a video demonstration, possibly with some commentary.
    • Up x 2
  2. Maecy

nice guide. unfortunately, c4 is nearly useless due to the medic's inability to close on vehicles, and difficulty in taking flank routes to approach the vehicle without alerting the vehicle itself, or getting spotted/killed by players of the vehicle's faction.
  3. Eternaloptimist

Nice post. It still amazes me how many people ignore the combat versatility of the medic.

I tend to run the shield device in defensive situations where my side is more likely to be holding a static position for longer periods but switch to auto heal on the move (for myself as well as others).

I have also gone for the aux shield more than C4 although that is probably just because of the way I play giving me fewer opportunities to blow things up.

With my previously declared preference for high RoF weapons I've found that the Carnage (NC) and the Terminus (VS) help in fighting at the ranges that the Cycler handles so well for TR, whilst still having the usual AR accuracy for medium range.
  4. Iridar51

I disagree. You won't be hunting vehicles with a medic, but opportunity will inevitably arise, and then it will be nice to have C4. Besides, C4 isn't only anti-vehicle tool, it's an all around weapon of mass destruction, and can be useful against both MAXes and infantry in right circumstances.

I personally value it more than downtime / KD padding from med kits.
    • Up x 2
  5. RockPlanetSide2

I think more people really need to use Battle-Hardened to get the real feel for its power. Since it is not as straight forward on its benefits or whatever, I think people just ignore it... but rank 4/5 is just nutz. I don't think newer/less skill players get how much the camera shake in a face to face showdown actually makes them lose that showdown a lot of the time.

Most of the Carapace Montages/Videos I've watched are not very good, low skill. I do think that Carapace is a 100% include if you have it simply because of what the medic can do with self healing.

If you have Carapace I would 100% go with Restoration over time kits, I would still take c-4 to have it if you know there are maxes or parked sundies you can deal with. But for just running around the Regen kits + Carapace + NanoSelf heal = OP McBusted.

I do like your assessment of the starting weapons... the Vanu one is just bad tho, I think that the NS11A is just better for the Vanu straight up.
  6. RockPlanetSide2

Rofl I see this was moved to the "forum deadzone".