[Guide] LMG Guide / List with stats and descriptions

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Iridar51, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Iridar51

>>> Posted at Iridar.net <<<

Previously on the talking bread: Assault Rifles. Special thanks to [RMIS] nicigee for his invaluable input on some of the weapons.

Would appreciate any opinions, comments and reviews on your favorite LMGs, so I could improve the guide using testimonies of people who actually use the damn weapons on daily basis.

LMGs are a horrible mess. I tried my best to structure and classify them. You might disagree with my classification. It's mostly based on attachment choices and damage models. Either way, there's not much point in classification, since there are a ton of outliers, who often happen to be the most popular weapons (e.g. GD-22S, Bull).
    • Up x 1
  2. Campagne

I usually only skim guides like these because I feel that they are not particularly helpful or really even needed at all, but I did like this one.

I really appreciate you commentary on the SAW. I feel that most guides I've ever seen basically say something along the lines of "the best LMG in skilled hands" and leave it at that. I am quite glad to see you gave an actually realistic and useful review of the SAW instead of the typical one-liners often thrown about.

I do wish this level of detail would be given to some if not most other weapons, though I realize the significant increase in time and effort this would require.
  3. Iridar51

The thing is, I don't really have much to say about other LMGs. They're overall very samey and boring, and there's not much to say about them. At least not something that couldn't be inferred from weapon stats at a glance. I never intentionally withhold useful info. If I had to say something, I'd do it, even if it meant taking longer to make the guide. Hence why I ask the help from community.
    • Up x 1