LMG Changes not coming soon TM

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Collin, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zombo

The Betelgeuse btw is not that far away from the Orion (pure weapon stats speaking, dmg, fire rate, etc.), except for the heat mechanic, and the orion is far worse performing, even before its introduction, than the BG, so the only thing OP about the BG is the heat mechanic, maybe

BRTD open platoon zerging is enough, you don't need 50 BRTD members playing at the same time for a zerg
    playing TR/NC/VS on miller i can say that TR and NC are just not as organised as VS, the DIG open platoon is redeploying faster and more often than i ever saw a TR or NC zerg doing
  2. Collin

Here comes the kicker the Butcher has worse stats then the Carv and is total garbadge.

The BG is really REALLY op. The heatmechanic is just lol. Beltfeed was considered to op and then the VS get unlimited ammo with heatmechanic. Its really funny
    • Up x 2
  3. Ragnarox

If they nerf that 0.75 you will then ask for bullet drop removal and after that you will find some another **** to whine about. Go practice in VR if you cant hit anything and then practice on your faction teamkills eventually you will learn to kill VS.
  4. Bindlestiff

The Higby quote is a little off but the gist of it is there (actual quote can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/KWkjQKQ.jpg). Higby always had a condescending attitude towards the VS and VS players. He should never have said such a thing in his position because people like you rehash it at every opportunity as if VS are the only perpetrators that have ever used anything OP in the game ever. Every single faction abuses weapons / vehicles / whatever that is OP. See Vulcan, see Banshee, see Phoenix, see Striker, see Prowler projectile speed, see ZOE, see PPA, see MANA turrets. Shall I go on?.

For the record, I have not said skill plays any part of it; it is ridiculous for anyone to say that VS has better players across all servers. It simply isn't the case.

You talk to me like I'm some kind of schmuck who doesn't want balance. Of course I want balance, but sadly it seems that the anti-VS brigade don't and fire a lot of the forum hatred for VS LMGs towards the 0.75 ADS. So I am saying remove it. Don't compensate the VS weapons any other way, just remove it altogether. It won't make any difference. There is so much micro analysis on the minutiae of the numbers that deal purely with the numbers and nothing more; not much, if any, thought is given to how these things actually play out on the (flaky and sometimes unreliable) servers with hundreds of people all doing their own thing and interacting with the overall gaming experience. Cars have urban, extra urban etc MPG stats, but can everyone get near them without changing their driving style or forcing everyone else off the streets? Staying with the cars theme, they also have 0-60 times, but can everyone match those in all but ideal situations? Food has guideline calorific content if ovenbaked for example, but if you choose to fry then those calorific values also change. Numbers play a big, if not the biggest, part of course, but they aren't the be all and end all.

The anti-VS brigade seem hell bent on complaining about VS no matter what. I'm telling you now they could take away 0.75 ADS on the relevant VS weapons, and no bullet drop on everything (the two most whined about benefits the VS have right now) and nothing would change. Nothing. Then, once the realisation dawns on the select and stubborn few that these didn't actually make a difference as they first thought they would, something else that Vanu own would be next on the list - such as the Lancer, or the Vortex, or the Magrider (again).
    • Up x 2
  5. Kloz

Having used both the Betelgeuse (1757 kills) and the Butcher (552 kills) I can safely say that the Betelgeuse is leaps and bounds better than the Butcher. I even got the Butcher before the Betelgeuse, but I still have 3x the kills with the Betelgeuse because I just cant stand the Butcher. Now unless you think I become a worse player as soon as I log onto my TR character I would say that your "VS players are more skilled - arguement" is invalid.

The Butcher is a complete joke to me and at this point I've given up on it and I'm only using it in a "troll loadout" where I use only TR flavour weapons: Butcher, Golden Striker and the T4 AMP + Red Zebra camo, Commissar Cap and "MLG Decal". This is the loadout I run when I want to torture myself and / or laugh at the TR empire specific weapons. (I will say this though: I havent used the T4 AMP enough to make a good assessment of that pistol.)
    • Up x 1
  6. FieldMarshall

wtf?
  7. Collin

so how do you explain the "better performance" of the VS HA. Its a a big gab of about 20 % if you consider kills and K/D.

I still say its part of this

VS get the most easy to use LMG in game the orion with dakka no bullet drop and 0,75 as starter weapon
    VS get the most OP LMG gun on top of that the Betelgeuse

now you see a slow push in direction to the VS and the devs have nothing better to do to insult the TR with the striker "update" and NSSwarm and give the VS the Vulcan on top of that (of course including some shining secondary ability) while the TR get Fracture 2.0.

Then they scrap the LMG update after a HUGE outcry by the VS. So again tell me what does NC and TR get?
  8. OldMaster80

I still don't get why don't they leave orion and beatlejuice as they are for a moment while they at least push out changes for the other weapons.

Moreover it drives me mad they ask for help on reddit for pts testing as they have to release Swarm and ESAV. Well I say **** off: why should I test things when patches get archived without even explaining players why? As far as I'm concerned they can test their stuff by themselves, I won't waste my time again.
    • Up x 1
  9. SwornJupiter

Well I mean, come on. You cannot in good conscience deny that the VS' Orion/Betel combo is better than any other lmg out there. It has versatility, ammo, 750rpm and 0.75x ADS. I'm starting to understand why people who have stuck around in PS2 try to gravitate towards VS.

Why do VS get so much hate?
    Simple. Your faction is just so much more versatile than TR/NC.

Got a tank problem?
    VS: Grab Lancers + Vortexes. We'll obliterate this armour push.
    TR: Welp. Strikers and fracture are still garbage...

Got an infantry problem?
    VS: ADADAD spam, and you're untouchable.
    TR: Well the best we can do is spray and pray.

But hey, the hate train is only going to accelerate from here.
    VS are getting a Vulcan that outperforms our current live one, and TR get a watered-down Fracture 2.0!

Honestly, it's not VS' fault. It's the dev team's fault.
    PS2 has been plagued with bad decisions since launch, and they're digging their own grave.
    • Up x 1
  10. Scorpion97

It's the what?
  11. Bindlestiff

The Orion is arguably the best gun in the game. The Betelgeuse is the culmination of 5 auraxiums of LMGs, so you get a feel for playing HA. By the time you unlock the Betelgeuse your game awareness should be such you can make maximum effect of the situations you are in. I don't argue that the Betelgeuse needs tweaking, but in my opinion the 0.75ADS is not it. What I am saying is you could remove the 0.75ADS and still need to tweak the Betelgeuse (perhaps by removing heat mechanic or large penalty on it).

Whilst I agree it is the easiest to use, again no bullet drop and 0.75 makes no difference even to a beginner. It is just insanely accurate and at short ranges devastating (which is where most fights in PS2 take place).

Only a percentage get this - those that can be bothered auraxiuming 5 LMGs. Not everyone wants, or has the time, to do this.

I'm not sure there is a push to VS, but certainly the faction traits are being blurred and that can never be good. I see no place for the NS Swarm whatsoever.

I don't think it is scrapped; RadarX has said that it is parked for the moment but could come in at a later time. My personal opinion is that portions of that update should not be parked and should be introduced in the next update, for the benefit of the game as well as to cool some of the forum fire.
  12. Collin

trust me the LMG balance pass got scrapped lets move over to the ESRL
  13. Bindlestiff

Orion doesn't have a bucket load of ammo. Other faction LMGs are just as versatile but not as easy to use.

Why do VS get so much hate?
    Simple. Your faction is just so much more versatile than TR/NC.

I notice NC aren't in any of your comparisons. Nothing about them doing area denial with Ravens, for example.

ADADAD is a problem for all factions, and all factions have more than enough ways to deal with infantry.

Again, what do NC get that is so out of kilter with what the VS have been given?
    • Up x 1
  14. Collin

I mean and you don´t see an imbalance here!

People are already shifting to the VS. I promise you when this AV guns hit the floor this game will be VS side for weeks
  15. Villanuk

People want the .75 because the VS have it and what ever small advantage it has, online gamers are always looking for it where ever they can, so if someone has something that appears as an advantage, they either want it or they try and destroy it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Ragnarox

Look ma I got ammo!(50vs 150) ahaha if you dont like TR don't play it. come to the VS and be OP. Stop complaining, change faction or move out. simple as that.
  17. Ragnarox

lmg don't need changes, instead i think one thing needs a nerf and that is Spiker.
  18. Zombo

yeah, the only useable cqc sidegrade vanu has that allows you to use your mouse longer than a week really needs a nerf

i always thought having crap pistols was a vanu faction trait and was disappointed when they fixed the spiker to not suck
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

OP needs to learn how to aim.

/thread
  20. Naphemil

or, lets get rid of LMG .75 ADS, any TR extra mags, NC 200 dmg, bullet drop and any gun that out performs any other until everyone is using the same gun.

BOOM I just solved the ******** from bad TR/NC players.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.