Little icons near the center of the screen

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bonom Denej, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Bonom Denej

So, since we have the implants, we also have a bunch of icons that appear near the center of the screen. Some of Wrel's video explains quickly what some of them means, but is there any official list of those icons and what they means ?
  2. \m/SLAYER\m/

[IMG]
    • Up x 9
  3. Bonom Denej

Seriously ? No help at all ? :(
  4. Dualice

I've seen one appear quite a few times today, it's a little shield-type thing, and has something to do with explosives, or MAXes, or something. Specifically, I dropped a stick of C4 on an enemy MAX and detonated it. He survived, and this little shield symbol came up. Dropped a second, detonated, he went down, no shield symbol. So I guess it means the target has resistance to your ordnance, in this case flak armour.

*EDIT* Nice sig OP - wonder if you can auraxium the non-lethal grenades? :eek:
  5. DFDelta

If you try to C4, minebomb or rocket primary someone who wears flak armor you see a small cyan explosion picture next to your crosshairs.
    If you shoot guns at someone with nanoweave or a MAX with kinetic you get a different hit-sound.

The little red shield on the other hand has been asked several times on this forum and as far as I know no one exactly knows what it means.
  6. RasFW

Seems to pop up randomly to me.
  7. Bonom Denej

It's pretty crazy that we don't have any in game help about this with each icons and their meanings...
  8. Crator

I've always wondered what those were myself...
  9. Razzyman

I know that when someone resists a flashbang or concussion grenade it gives the notice to people in the area. You're likely getting the notification that someone around you resisted one of those two. (Disclaimer: I haven't played in some time and this could have changed, last I knew this was the case)

If that isn't the case, then Slayer was definitely right... Nanites.
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

if you talking about "red shield icon" - once it was added into game, was a lot thread, but no answer from SOE.. it not perfectly in the middle of screen..:eek:
    [IMG]
  11. FieldMarshall

Why do problems like this exist in 2014.
    I would like to think games have "evolved" to where players dont have to guess what basic HUD icons are anymore
    • Up x 6
  12. I play by many names

Sony.
    • Up x 1
  13. Money

I have never had anyone confirm this but I always thought that it meant I had been "Spotted" by an enemy using the "q" spot funciton.
  14. Mefi

15. Dualice

16. Stopper

So, maybe a Dev can stop by here and say to us what this icon means ; I haven't found an explanation ingame...
  17. Hatesphere

As far as I know this icon means someone who was lucky enough to have a clear sight implant has resisted a conc or flash within range of you. It broadcasts to all players within X rang since normally people will have someone follow into a room after the player who throws the conc/flash. Some clarification from someone on the dev team would be nice, this game really needs just a glossary of random crap like this built into it.

Any game with more elements then "shot bullet at the mans" that wants to convey information to players is going to run into this problem, its not just a sony thing. The sony problem is that they have not listed this information in an easy to find way.
  18. Danath

That's odd, l got it driving my tank... what's the range, 150m? :confused:
  19. RykerStruvian

I've been wondering what this was. Sometimes I don't do anything and I get the little flashing icons...and I'm using battle hardened. Really confusing. I just ignored it but if it's actually meaningful I'd like to know what this stuff means.
  20. Uranoob

I believe the shield simply means that a hostile has resisted your conc/flash grenade through the use of an implant like Clear Vision.