Little help finding a weapon for me (NC)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Bubex, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Bubex

Hey guys,

so I've been reading all the other threads relating to weapon choice, but couldn't find what I was looking for. My biggest problem as of now, is the accuracy with my weapons. Right now, I'm still running with the AF19 Mercenary (as stated in the title, I'm NC) with 1X sight (I wanted to remain versatile in both close and medium range).

I've also tried the GD7F (I believe that's the name?), and it proved to be quite good in CQC, but too unstable to my liking at range. I've been looking at the Gauss S, as I've heard it could do Semi-Auto, Burst, as well as Full Auto, and it seems it's the only weapon choice that's semi-auto for us (apart from shotguns of course). Is the damage sufficient to kill anything quickly with semi-auto, or will I just poke someone 2-3 times and they'll just go and hide?

If not, what would you guys recommend I go with? And does a suppressor reduce the damage that much? I've been contemplating buying it for ambushes, but I've heard it's not that good to do. Opinions?

Thanks for any input you could give!
  2. Achmed20

i feel with you. inda have the same problem.
    currently im using shottys with slugs and the GDF. the GDF is great in CQC but otherwhise totaly useless.
    and the slug shotty is awesome as sniper. but still, it doesnt feel right. and also having the option of a grenade or smoke launcher seems awesome.

i guess illl give the gauss-s a try. could be fun with a 6x scope and high velocity ammo or soft point and smokies
  3. ThoughtfulBee

I go through this debate daily, and have since the Beta. I switch constantly, and now that cert costs for attachments are so high I have no idea what to use.

The AF-19/Gauss Compact S are nearly identical, save for attachment options and what I believe is a small difference in ROF. They're just weak enough to let someone run and hide, especially with a suppressor attached, but steady enough to be versatile for all situations. The underslung grenade launcher and ammunition choices on the Gauss S further increase it's versatility.

The GD-7F Is a monster in close-medium ranges, but requires a lot of patience and focus especially at range. It can be harnessed and used at a distance. It's best for Light Assault if you like to get a drop on an enemy from above, such as during base attacks or over rocks on Indar.

The ACX-11 is the least accurate and has the slowest ROF. But it's damage per bullet packs a brutal punch. It's role is pretty focused and it lacks versatility. It truly excels at getting the drop on your enemy in close-medium range, killing him quickly and moving on without having any face to face confrontations. It has a hard time stacking up 1vs1. It's efficient, but not something you engage a group of enemies with.

I still cannot decide, even weighing the pros and cons of each. If you don't like the GD-7F at range, than the Compact-S might be your best bet, but remember that you're just getting the AF-19 with more options.
  4. Lakora

Personally with LA I'm using the ACX-11 with Foregrip, x3.4 and going for compensator... Which lets it be used at quite a distance as well that n the damage it does is just awesome.

The compensator will be negative for the close quarters of it but as an LA I'd rather not be in close unless I'm forced too.
  5. irishroy

gauss S is not bad, try it
    later with nade-launcher and some C4, maxed jetpack. flying around, firing the nade first, then bullet him, and maybe throw a C4
    pretty fun, i think^^