List the best outfit on your server?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BH Brigade, May 8, 2013.

1. BH Brigade

I thought this would be a fun way to get some outfits a little more publicity. I know this should go in the outfit forum, but no one goes there, plus I'm not really promoting a specific outfit, I just want to see what some good outfits are :D

I'll go first, Connery: either Hostile Takeover or Future Crew, MERC is also good
  2. SgtScum

Mattherson: VS in general. Even the zerg pubbie platoons. ;)
    • Up x 5
  3. chrisbeebops

Waterson: All of Vanu Alliance :cool:
    • Up x 4
  4. NikkoJT

BCOA is definitely the best outfit on Cobalt.

*not lying*
  5. SolLeks

IDK if HT is the best. X, PG, MDG and Gold are right up with them (thus the ARA alliance). I love fighting FC and I fly with MERC ever so often... 56RD is close to merc for ground (MERC has better air over all, but there are a lot of good 56rd as well). I don't really know any other good VS outfits besides FC though lol.

I don't think we can really pick the 'best' as there are not easy ways to fight our same empire.

Edit~ Take a squad from any of the outfits above, and put them up agenced a platoon of enemys (general enemys on Connery, not a platoon of one of the other outfits) and the squad from one of the outfits will hold back or beat the platoon any day... but things really get interesting when the other outfits come into the fray.
  6. EViLMinD

My NC outfit, DVS, usually brings some fun to the party.
  7. Posse

The one in my sig.
  8. Strykar

The Enclave.

I know everyone is gonna be all 'hurrzergdurr', but they win the overwhelming majority of their fights through superior tactics, coordination and of course, numbers. I've literally seen the VS have complete control over a base to being completely surrounded and outmanned in a minute. TE, hands down.

I only wish there were VS outfits who were at least half as tactical and coordinated as they are. Not to say we don't have good outfits - we definitely do, but none of them can match TE's numbers nor do they put forth the effort to be as organized.
    • Up x 6
  9. SiosDashcR

Not sure of best, but SENT and SCG are fun to fight against on Waterson.
    • Up x 1
  10. Klyka

For Woodman (this is my personal opinion):

NC = [FFS]
    TR = [2CA]

When I see those tags in a fight, I know **** will go down.
    I just love fighting against them more than against others.
    • Up x 2
  11. SgtScum

o_O

You just described a typical starcraft moment when the outnumbered marines get rolled by a swarming mass of zerg..

The only tactics and coordination needed are to set a big huge glowing marker in the sky and then make bad jokes in voip to keep the kiddies watching the stream happy.
    • Up x 6
  12. GSZenith

well this is just a list of outfit names/tag i remeber on miller.

NC

wasps

VS

FOG
    UBAD
    DWG
    MYTH (thank you for letting me farm your maxs for 30min with endless c4 spam <3, also thank you to whoever called c4 "hacking" <3)

TR

BRTD
    SoV
    Ini
    Rwar? (daddy's outfit or well the one he is in)

also ppl i remember without thinking. (remeber more when thinking more than 1sec)

NC.

xale (esf hero)
    blazingsuns (max hero)
    pattie (max hero)

VS

Eurobob (all over the place)
    Leon (medic for life)
    JEMC (gotta love his endless nade spam through bio shields)
    artouris (flyboy hero)

TR

Daddy (no need for comments)
    Madia (scout mossi :))
    Pella (all over the place)
  13. CommodoreFrank

When you run 2+ platoons at all times, you can overrun any fight in a minute, tactics or not. I don't really have an opinion on who's the best, but I can say that I tend to enjoy fights against Black Widow Company.
    • Up x 2
  14. MrHenderson

I've watched the dear leader's stream a bit, and it's funny how quick they are to hightail it away from a fight where they don't have a pop advantage. "Zomg they have a 54-46 pop advantage everyone back to the warpgate".
  15. Strykar

I'll let TE forum warrior for themselves, all I know is that they win a lot. How they do it is irrelevant.
  16. MrHenderson

Be sure to look at the pop numbers when they are victorious. Before this was available on the map it might have appeared that they won a lot of fights with even numbers, but now that we can all see exactly what they are their victories are quite a bit more hollow.

Don't get me wrong- when they fail to take on even numbers the problem isn't with the tactics/leadership, rather the execution.
    • Up x 1
  17. llPendragon

Matherson NC:
    Imposition (I6)
    The Terribles (AFUL)
  18. AnuErebus

On Connery for the NC: GOLD, PG, X and 666. GOLD, PG and X generally give us trouble on an individual player basis, they've got some of the best NC players. GOLD especially can be a royal pain thanks to their Light Assault Shotgun Fairies. 666 is mostly remarkable for the numbers they can throw on a point, but they still have a nice selection of good quality players.

For VS, only oufits that spring to mind are TPLR and FCRW. FCRW is basically the VS hall of fame as far as players go with 4 BR 100s (And at least a couple more almost there). TPLR can be surprising since they'll actually fight when most of the VS runs away.

For TR I can't really say since I don't fight the TR outfits. However, being in TRG I'll insert my shameless outfit promotion. It's rare for us to encounter a fight we can't win if there isn't 2x our number in terms of enemies. That said I haven't seen anything bad from TXR, MERC, 56th or the other major TR outfits.
    • Up x 3
  19. AtroposZero

I disagree that it's irrelevant. I don't disagree that they are tactically adept, but that doesn't make them any more special than a dozen or so other outfits on Mattherson that are equally skilled. TE wins through brute force. Against equal sized opposition, it's a fair, exciting, fast-paced fight with them.

You rarely see equal sized opposition, that's the catch. :)
  20. SgtScum

Occupying any single base of your choice when the entire map needs to be held and taken is hardly winning especially during an alert. :p
    • Up x 2