linux support

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by EvilWarLord, Jul 25, 2015.

1. EvilWarLord

Ps2 refuses to install on linux operated machines
  2. user101

The DEV have designed PS2 PC NOT NOT NOT to work in LINUX. No matter what you do it will not run. Don't waste you time.

You might be able to get PS4 to run with the SOE operating system on LINUX and then play PS2 on PS4. But not with the PC version on LINUX.
  3. user300115

• Up x 1
  4. tijolo

5. Napsterbater

6. tijolo

I never mentioned it was ideal. Just to counter the all caps negativity. Maybe that could be fixed in a 'hotfix' if done with such intention.
  7. user101

Tijolo --- We the players don't want you laging in the game because of Linux.... The DEV's don't want you playing PS2 with Linux. End of story ... if you get BANNED don't cry to us...!

I can absolutely tell you NO hot fix is coming for Linux....1000% ....!
  8. RadarX

While it may be possible to play on Linux, please note that running any type of VMWare very likely will get your account suspended. We do not offer support for Linux at this time I'm afraid.
    • Up x 3
  9. Pointyguide2

one thing I can say about trying to run it on any Linux distributions is to give up
    its not worth the trouble.

talking from experience :(
    • Up x 1
  10. Stormsinger

Are you referring to running planetside 2 from an instance of VMware, or running planetside 2 alongside an instance of VMware - I've been putting together a virtual XP machine for playing games that won't cooperate on win7 - it would be nice to know if this is safe to have running when I launch PS2.
  11. user101

In the past the DEV's have banned any instance of Virtual anything with PS2. They will even ban you if you load PS2 to a virtual hard drive on your Win7 PC. Does this answer the Question.
  12. user300115

Obviously nonsense. While it is theoretically possible that they scan the process list for visualization software this doesn't make any sense for anti cheat purposes. I don't know of any cases where a ban was caused by this.
    • Up x 1
  13. Nalss

Please post your dxdiag and other goodies and we can help you.
  14. Xuare

I know this thread is old, but it's highly listed in Google as of the date of this post.

Planetside 2 runs fine under Wine as it's a DX9 game. The problem in BattlEye does not. AS of Wine-devel 3.16 your best option is to use VGA-Passthrough with Qemu to run a windows VM under linux. With all relevant tweaking (and an AMD card so you can use Hyper-V under Windows--nVidia direver BSOD's it) you can get 90-95% performance of bare iron. This requires having a IOMMU / VT-d enabled motherboard and CPU as well.

Here's hoping a) Daybreak cuts linux users a break from Battleye since memory alterations under linux usually cause a coredump vs. a compromised client or b) Daybreak or Wine get the Linux native BattlEye client from ARK: Survival evolved integrated.
  15. FeepingCreature

Update: Planetside 2 now has enabled BattlEye Linux support.