Link all 3 faction VR training rooms

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diilicious, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Diilicious

I have always thought that each faction having its own VR training was a little silly. why test weapons on stationary objects that
    1. are not moving at all
    2. are not fighting back at all.
    3. have no upgrades on them at all.

so, all 3 factions VR training should be the same space where you can fight while trying out weapons, attachments and upgrades in a live environment. maybe have a very small area behind the spawn portal where you can shoot static tanks and infantry, like the shooting range the spawn areas have. but the main open field should be a battlefield.

To keep the feel of VR training, just replace everyones name with "Training Bot" when inside the area so it all keeps the feel of it still being VR or something.
  2. DooDooBreff

id like a mixed VR training, but no ability to kill.

So i can see Vanu booty without having it be dead, or teabagging me
  3. ArcKnight

I approve of this idea

the VR would function as a social hub where all of us could hang out and talk about recent war stories we had, instead of trying to kill each other as usual
  4. Eternaloptimist

But wouuldn't there be an overpop faction queue?
    • Up x 1
  5. ArcKnight

not sure if serious or sarcasm
  6. Eternaloptimist

Lighthearted banter, given the amount of rage against the queueing system currently being posted in the forum - I have nothing for or against the idea.
  7. Call-Me-Kenneth

not sure, it might supplement actual gameplay.

but having only static targets to shoot at and STILL no splash is a pain.

not only we should have moving targets, shooting targets would be nice too. specially tanks.

would be nice if they made use of all the VR space. maybe make one quadrant spawn units and have them shoot at random locations in order to simulate head shake from explosions. or maybe just have the screen shake randomly while on that location.

having a chance to practice shooting under fire would be fantastic.
  8. Campagne

I don't really like that idea.

When I'm in the VR testing something, I often like to drive way out into the field with a sunndy, so that I have more room/range, and can interact with the dummies knowing no other players will come over and interrupt my testing.

It would be nice to do so without ever being shot in the back and killed. :p
  9. MonnyMoony

Changes i'd like to see in VR training.

1. The use of all faction's weapons. It would be nice to be able to try out other faction weapons without having to create or log into/out of new accounts. It would also allow you to do a side by side comparisons.
    2. A much larger area to test vehicle and aircraft.
    3. Hovering aircraft on which to test out lock on launchers.
    • Up x 1
  10. TheFlamingLemon

repurposed koltyr for vets to test stuff