Like Needles In My Eyes (1)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jal Calan, Nov 3, 2013.

1. libbmaster

I was very curious to know why that hossin looked different from the one on test...
  2. gzero

Working off of OP's image and ideas can really do some cool things, the closest we have to these ideas is in the testserver and we can't exactly have 1000 people on at the same time to actually test the true flow.

I hope Sony will make more spaced out continents and possibly update the ones we have now with better flow.
    • Up x 1
  3. VonStalin

"Remove spawn rooms and ABCD from small outposts". Count me in.
    • Up x 5
  4. Therum395

+ Support. I would really like to see this happen.
    • Up x 2
  5. Pikachu

I got 2 likes. Maybe people agree with me on it.
    • Up x 2
  6. IamDH

I think the indar issue is more of a mind-set problem.

The top 50% of the map is only 34% in bases. Which would also mean that the lower parts both have 33% of territory since the spacing between them is pretty equal
    • Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

It's the fact that you have to pass through Quartz Ridge and Excavation point or the biolab to cross the border at west. On east you have to go through Howling Pass. Both being hard to attack and I never go there. Crown and Ti Alloys and Crossroads are bases that everyone likes to fight over. :) Btw I think it took months, at least weeks, before I ever visited the north region. NC had east warpgate at release and I was all fighting at the east west border.
  8. Dinapuff

This is really good material and you would come off as a more mature individual if you phrased yourself better at the start. Please continue the great work of improving planetside by posting on other forums too like the ps2 subreddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/?count=50&after=t3_1qqqcz
    • Up x 2
  9. Lucidius134

When I first played in beta TR ALWAYS pushed frmo the crown down to Tawrich and the VS were in the SW WG. I never saw a vanguard (enemy) until Esamir came out.
  10. Gorganov

Dude...this is exactly what i've been thinking. I really hope the devs are considering this because it's just perfect! If they did this from the start they could have focused entirely on new content forever, instead of going back and redoing everything.
    • Up x 2
  11. Desann

Come to think of it, I do miss those PS1 battles out in the open. I remember the mountains, one peak covered with Vanu, the other with the enemy. Each shelling artillery and trying to outmaneuver each other.

Then us engineers building AEGIS shields and boosting their health/ammo reserves.

Good times :)
    • Up x 3
  12. libbmaster

That's the thing.

Some of the best moments in PS2 are when you try to take a ridge from the enemy. (Like the OP said). This system makes that scenario more likely!
  13. Desann

Read my chain of command campaign. I have also been pushing for the idea of a hybrid Lattice/Hex system. Lattice all major bases, while hex the smaller ones. It would basically be the same as PS1, if you consider the small bases as the PS1 towers.

Some of the "bigger" small bases such as Vanu archives, howling pass, stronghold, could be considered key bases and latticed under my hybrid lattice/hex system.

Heres a link were someone made a great illustration to better support the idea

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/latis-system-hex-creating-a-front-line.99369/
    • Up x 1
  14. Pikachu

Crossroads <3
  15. Jal Calan

No. I would said to keep the Crown as a HUB post, but I have a burning hatred for both the crown and Crossroads watchtower.

Of course, it could just be I'm sick of fighting there every 20 minutes.
    • Up x 1
  16. Pikachu

How can you hate crossroads?

lyk dis if u cri evertim ;_;
    • Up x 2
  17. roger0

I definitely agree there's to many bases on the map. Removing them would not only be good for vehicle combat, but for infantry as well since they will get more chance to fight in other areas besides bases.

I dont even think we need a few little outpost to capture around the big ones, but that's just me.
    • Up x 3
  18. Jal Calan

The little posts would be optional objectives to provide a more concrete spawn point rather than just relying on Sunderers.
    • Up x 2
  19. StayFrostyGents

why dont we have these people working on ps2? ugh. soe y u do dis.
    • Up x 2
  20. Zeblasky

bump, cos important.
    • Up x 2