Lightning Controls and Physics seems broken.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Aug 27, 2014.

1. minhalexus

Got the AP gun for the Lightning recently, and been using it for a while and the controls feel terrible.

Suppose I press the 'D' button (while I'm stationary) which should ideally be turning my Lightning to the right, turns it to the left for 2-3 seconds, and then starts turning to the right. Can be really frustrating in one of those hairy situations.

^ also occurs in the Vanguard, but is less noticeable.

Secondly, this is probably the easiest Vehicle to flip now (for me), it's harder for me to unintentionally flip the Harasser than it is to flip the lightning. I say unintentionally, since intentionally flipping is really not an issue for me.

Hoping this will get fixed soon.
  2. Devrailis

Lightnings have been easy to flip for a long time, perhaps they've always been easy to flip. There used to be vehicle spawns on Indar that would auto-flip a Lightning if you turned slightly to the left or right while coming off the spawn pad.

Tanks in general need more traction and more "weight".
  3. Nubm

This probably happens when driving backwards, right? There is an option in the settings that allows you to revert controls for backward driving (i dont remeber what its called, look around and uncheck it)

Also i dont understand how people can flip their lightnings so often. Don't accelerate while steering helps a lot with this issue. Also dont engage slopes in a bad angle, or only when facing toward them.
    Do some practice to get the feel of it and you won't flip anymore after some time.
  4. minhalexus

The controls start messing up for me usually while I'm stationary and trying to steer.

Like I mentioned in the opening post, I'm talking about unintentional flipping.
    It's weird cuz I don't seem to flip in those places with my Harasser/Sundy/Vanguard, but only Lightning. Which causes me to believe something is wrong with the Lightning.

I do practice and take precautionary measures, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Would be glad if it was fixed.
  5. Nubm

You can try that option anyways, maybe it can fix that problem. Worth a try i'd say.

I can't even remember the last time my lightning flipped. Seems pretty stable to me. Mind to record some gameplay of what stuff you do with your lightning? Im getting kind of curious. :p
  6. minhalexus

Again, I drive most of my vehicles similarly when it comes to performing escape maneuvers (AKA scary maneuvers), and my Lightning is most likely to flip for me comparing it against to Sundies/Harassers/MBT.

What most likely flips for me:-
    Lightning>Harasser>MBT>Sunderer

Would be nice if they improved the Lightning physics just a bit so it's a bit more solid, after all it is a Tank.

The Harasser used to flip more often than the Lightning before it was buffed, now I just want a buff for the Lightning, it's not supposed to be a crawling cardboard, it's supposed to be a tank. Tanks don't flip like this PS2 Lightning.
  7. Ripshaft

There's a setting to toggle the reversal of steering direction when travelling backwards, that should fix the wobble you're experiencing.

As for flipping the tank, it's simply a matter of your driving ability. It's not that the tank flips too easily, it's that you flip it too easily. I've spent most of the last 2 months on a flash, being very aggressive, and the amount of times my flash has met its end by flipping is well, well under 1%.