[Suggestion] Light assualt Tools (because we're versatile)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by DaveyJ, Aug 20, 2014.

1. DaveyJ

So we have had many a suggestion on what tool an LA should get but the problem is that the LA fills no one role but rather fills multiple roles, including : point defense,point offence,perching, cqc dominance, raw combat and psuedo-infiltration which is whhy we need more than 1 tool type and these 3 go as follows

ADDITIONAL WEAPON (INSERT WHATEVER THEY USE TO HOLD WEAPONS)

This default tool alows the tool slot to become a weapon slot but with a much longer equip time as you hit F and a animation of about 1 sec. starts and your primary changes rank 2 makes it about .5 of a second and rank 3 makes it a 3 slot tool with added switch time and rank 4 makes it basically another secondary with no penalties

RANK 1 : default

RANK 2 : 100 certs

RANK 3 : 500 certs

RANK 4 : 1000 certs

GRENADE LAUNCHER

This tool allows for explode-on-impact grenades to be launch however only the final cert will allow frag grenade the others are as follows

RANK 1 : 50 certs for a flashbang grenade launcher for suppresive fire

RANK 2 : 100 certs for smoke grenades to make screens ect.

RANK 3 : 200 certs for ammo increase by 4 per mag (for 5 per mag)

RANK 4 : 500 certs for a HE grenade with slightly reduced damage no OHK but really large splash

RANK 5 : 1000 certs for a frag grenade

STIM-PACKS

These will increase adrenaline pump (Now a passive) for a short period with multiple stacking for crazy speed

RANK 1 : 10 certs +10% and 1 pack

RANK 2 : 50 certs +25% and 2 packs

RANK 3 : 100 certs +50% and 3 packs

RANK 4 : 500 certs +100% and 4 packs

RANK 5 : 1000 certs +200% and 5 packs

ADRENALINE PUMP

all players start with rank 1 (+10% sprint speed)

RANK 1 : free +10% sprint +0% normal

RANK 2 : 1 cert +15% sprint +0% normal

RANK 3 : 10 certs +20% sprint +0% normal

RANK 4 : 30 certs +30% sprint +0% normal

RANK 5 : 50 certs +50% sprint +10% normal

RANK 6 : 100 certs +75% sprint +15% normal

RANK 7 : 500 certs +150% sprint +30 % normal

RANK 8 : 750 certs +200% sprint +50% normal

RANK 9 : 1000 certs +300% sprint +100% normal

ALL NUMBERS ARE NOT SET IN STONE
  2. Iridar51

I really don't get what people hope to accomplish by reposting old ideas over and over again. Only thing it does is aggravates me and makes other people nod "yeah yeah that be good / bad", and that's it. Devs don't even visit class forums.
    So everyone carries a shotgun? How is that good or interesting? Our arsenal lacks diversity, all our weapons are biased towards CQC anyway. It's not like we can carry a sniper rifle for long range and SMG for close range, so what's the point of carrying two CQC weapons?
    Does this fire the normal grenades that we carry around, or special grenade launcher-only ammunition?
    If normal grenades, than this is pointless. The only new thing is explode on impact, but Flash should have a really small delay anyway, and there's no hurry for smoke grenade. Launching frag / HE grenades is unfair and stupid, finally that libs and tanks and rocket primaries are nerfed there's less spam, I don't want to see more of it again. Grenade bandoleer + frags is enough.
  3. DaveyJ

A
    The grenade launcher is something everybody wants and I forgot to add, asualt rifles would be allowed for LA and JJ's would be buffed with more speed also what do you think of the adrenaline pump changes
  4. Cpt. ButtonBasher

how about a ladder ? i mean sure us la's can get anywhere but standing on top of a tower is no good with cqc weapons. at least with a ladder we can get snipers up there
  5. Iridar51

Deployable ropes, ladders, grav lifts and jump pads are often suggested as a support tool ideas for LA. Personally, I don't like it, however, thinking about this, I came with a variant of that idea.

Myself I don't like an idea of being a glorified liftman for dirty ground peasants not graced with the ability to fly, however, what if Light Assault tool would be a deployable jump pad that would work only for that LA?
    This would give us much needed speed and mobility increase, as well as increase overall usefulness of drifters.

Open field battles would no longer be such a bad place for LA, as if the enemy is too far, LA can just deploy a jump pad and hurl himself towards the enemy, controlling the approach with clever use of Jet Pack. For infantry battles this thing would be in no way OP, but I imagine tankers would be in the uproar. At least now LA needs to sacrifice an ESF for an opportunity to C4 ANY vehicle on the field, with deployable jump pads no tank would be safe from silent, unseen C4 bringer.
  6. SaucySeducer

I'm not sure about all of your suggestion however, I do agree on your adrenaline pump idea. As of now adrenaline pump is okay, it just can't compare to the other options. I think a buff is in order.
  7. asdfPanda

Eh. Our weapons may be tailored more towards CQC, but I would still enjoy the idea of carrying a T5 AMC "tertiary" to a, say, Lynx, or a Pulsar C with a Serpent. Shotguns would definitely be seen on the battlefield more if the devs gave the LA more versatility through a third weapon in the tool slot. On the otherhand, more versatile weapons such as the Mercenary or Jaguar would be indirectly nerfed, as LAs would merely pull two specialized weapons.

I'm not opposed to the idea. A second primary would be more useful than, say, a grappling hook/jump pad/etc, as teamplay mobility boosts added through such tools seem more of a gimmick than being actually useful.

In past "LA tool" suggestions, ideas were built around a teamplay concept. However, the LA is a combat class, not a support class.

Be it a third weapon, stimpacks, or a jetpack toggle, I'm game for anything. Hell, adding all of them to the light assault class wouldn't break it.