[Suggestion] Light Assault UnderPowered

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Blackhart02012, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Barosar

IMO LA need a very slight nerf in their aiming while using jets. Jumpjets should jerk their aim all around just like if you are walking over rocky terrain. Having such accurate aim midair I think isn't quite fair, nor is it proper physics.
  2. Iridar51

You obviously never played LA. Our Cone of Fire while using Jump Jets is same as when Jumping (i.e. maximum possible).
    • Up x 1
  3. PartNinja

Quoted all of this for truth. LAs are not loners...They should be ran in squads and swarm over walls to clear generators, or up into towers. Groups of LAs blade the trail for the foot sloggers to clean up and hold.

Groups of LA and circumvent the meat grinders and attack a flank allowing vehicles and guys on foot to push around that canyon/mountain corner or take out the AA max/lightnings hiding out in the back/roof.
  4. Sharmanti

My idea of a montage is to show amazing gameplay, mildly edited with some music.

Trying to extend his streaks to prove something is NOT amazing in my book. It's cheap. Even the worst player could do this.

Also I didn't say anything about your intelligence. You just didn't understand what I said and I hade to explain it better. Calm down for ffs
    • Up x 1
  5. Iridar51

You thought I didn't notice he died and edited recording to look like he didn't. That's like saying I'm stupid.
    Secondly, what gave you the idea author wanted to prove something with this video? What Cameron in creation of Avatar wanted to prove? Beside subtext comparison of Navi and local american indians? Nothing, it's all just beatiful CGI.
    This video shows off skill, not only player's, but also video editor's, and *if anyone, however bad, can do that*, why don't you go ahead and prove your point by action?
  6. Mark467

Lol. About an hour ago I saw a tread titled why the LA is op.
  7. Sharmanti

I have 3.5 KDR and I am not an veichlefag. Point proven. Lately I've been around 5+ KDR. Cannot prove, because not recorded. But I know my **** as a LA.

This is like filming yourself doing a stunt on skateboard, do a flip, cut, edit in 12354623456 flips and then land. That's not epic.

Did cameron film himself doing badass **** to make him look better than he actually are? No. Bad example.

And you really need help. Sorry but wow, me pointing something out that could have been missed by anyone not paying attention and you take it as you're stupid. Feels like I am almost making you cry here.
  8. Iridar51

You just don't get my point, it seems.
    You say *he edited video, I noticed it! I'm a genius and voice of a generation! And he's baad. Cuz editing is bad. No, I don't care that video is called "montage"*
    I say *why it is bad to create a video for the purposes of creating a video, not for showing off personal ingame skills?*.
    Editing couldn't have been missed by anyone with half a brain, stop being so full of yourself.
    Why brag about KDR is beyond my comprehension, that is completely beside the point. I dared you to create and montage a video, not challenged your ingame skill.
    In case you're braindead, I'll repeat once more. This video is not about author's personal ingame skill, it's about creating a streamline of destruction, pleasurable to watch.
  9. Sharmanti

Now I really do believe you're stupid. Good job. Please type your IQ in the sig so everyone can see.

It's cheating to put together clips like that. It's not satifying to know that he actually didn't do that. When my friends do a montage, they take clips where they tottaly annhilate stuff on a damn streak. They may speed up between kills but non the less it's awesome to see it happen. Why? Because it's beyond what is ******* USUAL. They may not be that good, they may have been lucky, but it's one clip, one situation and one damn awesome killstreak.

This is cheating the audience.
  10. Iridar51

If there's no difference to you between gameplay footage and this montage, then I give up. If you think videos are made to show off luck or a personal skill and only for that, then live in ignorance, smartboy.
    What about fictional books? Are they bad because nothing described in them really happened?
  11. Minsc

Calm down Iridar and Sharmanti. This is not a discussion over the "morality" of editing gameplay footage to remove death screens or deaths or whatever, but a discussion on if LA is underpowered. And if so, what little things can be done to correct this.

If you two want to continue your argument over the editing of someone's kill streaks, make your own thread or get a room or something. You guys have totally hijacked this thread. Perhaps you two just have different feelings towards what is acceptable editing for a kill streak video and it won't be sorted through an internet argument.

Just my two cents.

But on the subject of the thread. We could some slight tweaking, nothing major. Having momentum carry over into jumping, some none-offensive tool would do it and hopefully the ability to toggle between drifter and normal jump jets. We don't need dual wielding or scout rifles or assault rifles. We just need what we already have to feel more fleshed out and considered (and a squad-based support tool of some kind).