[Suggestion] Light Assault UnderPowered

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Blackhart02012, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Mrasap

If you run out of ammo, it means you haven't killed enough enemy engineers yet.
    • Up x 2
  2. Von_Lipwig

Too little team utility? Yes. Underpowered? Absolutely not.
    • Up x 2
  3. LibertyRevolution

I think the team tool that the LA class needs is the infiltrators Recon Detect Device.
    I want to fly ahead of my team and tag radar darts, seems like it should be my job as scout..

Since I know you not gonna give me that...
    Can I just have a 3rd brick C4 please? i'll pay 1000certs...
    • Up x 1
  4. Umrtvovacz

You have 4 clips with 12 bullets each with slugguns with extended magazines, thats 48 bullets total. It takes 3 bullets to kill enemy player if you are shooting body, 2 if you manage to land one headshot and one bodyshot, so that's ability to kill 16-24 people in one run if you are good enough.
    • Up x 1
  5. Compass

You're a funny one, I like you.
    • Up x 2
  6. STeGaMeLiOn

As for As a Light Assault player, my biggest gripe is the jetpack fuel not recharging once the fuel has been completely exhausted (if you are still in the air).

Can anybody else confirm this? When flying around, if you are in the air when you run out of fuel, the pack will not recharge until you are on the ground again? Makes for a most uncomfortable landing.

As for the OP asking for buffs, sure, as a LA player I would welcome the ammo pack ability, along with any additional skills/equipment the LA could carry. I would also welcome a buff to the jetpack for carrying the least amount of equipment: how about just a pair of binoculars? While I could see the LA as a dabbler, a veritable jack of all combat trades, there is no question he is the master of mobility. And still after 150 hours, still I find it hard to see and recognize enemy infantry, and obviously others are having that same problem because my own team mates still shoot me sometimes

This is where a buff might come in handy: Superior optics for scouting and spotting enemy units. We all know how much easier it is to engage enemy units with a big ol red triangle over their heads.

Could also give it a sword! Oohh now wouldn't that be nice! Check it!
    No gun, just Super Binoculars, and a two-handed, katana with a black matte blade for covert,for one hit melee kills! (Maybe some grenades ;D
    And of course please fix the jetpacks so that the recharge in the air after total exhaustion
  7. {joer

LA is perfect right now. Give it more its going to be OP. Give it less its going to be UP. I don't get all these people trying to "fix" LA.
    • Up x 2
  8. Sevre

There's a lot of stupid in this thread...

WHAT?! Scout rifles are hands-down the worst weapons in the game. The auto has ZERO long range capabilities, and the semi-auto scout rifle is worse than just slapping a 2x scope on the semi-auto SNIPER rifle. Not even infils should use scout rifles.

Ever heard of Slugguns?
    Step 1: Buy Haymaker (TR) or your empire equivalent.
    Step 2: cert slug ammo
    Step 3: 4x scope
    Step 4: ???
    Step 5: Profit

Congratulations, you now have a sniper rifle that is 10x more effective than a scout rifle. I've gotten over 100 kills in a few hours using that build on my LA, although it's most ideal for field battle, and when you get into bases take off slugs and the 4x; you're now a CQC killing machine.

Would require a ton of changes to air dynamics and coding to make it so only LA can spot and allow air strikes. Although, I would feel pretty badass.

Sure, ill take that. I already never run out of C4, but whatever.

Also, I heard somewhere that they may add a scavenging ability to LA where you get ammo for kills, but I'm not sure of when or if it'll ever happen. Anyway, if you're suffering from ammo problems then check out Paqu's videos. Hint: he lands on enemy engineer boxes to get ammo.

Finally, if you think dropping ammo is exciting gameplay, you may just want to play engi. Imo, I think LA is the most enjoyable class to play, even if they lack some synergy in people's eyes. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm flying around a tower killing their reinforcements and they're chasing me all around, then I'm slowing down their defenders and helping my team. Same goes for when I blow up a sunderer with a well timed HA rocket + 2 C4.
  9. Hodaddy

LA does need a Cert Gaining utility but im not sure what that could be. I would like to think of them as masters of the C-4 considering they can jet pack onto armor.
  10. {joer

I find the best cert gaining ability of the LA is killing people.
    • Up x 2
  11. DuckSauce

12. CoffeeBreak

This is the exact first thing I thought too....HELL YEAH AMMO PACKS FOR LIGHT ASSAULT!!!
  13. ChironV

In CQC a LA is brutal. Just watch some of the vids in this forum. LA suffers at medium where medics and HA have the tools to rule. Its good at what it does. Get in behind the lines and cause mayhem.

What I wouldnt mind seeing is the development of team helping tools that only a LA can use.
    Like a jump pad a LA can put on top of a wall and it pulls your teammates up.
    How about a super Q spotter which lets you laze on and spot targets which are beyond the current limit of Q and expose them to your squad.
  14. {joer

Why does the only class that can fly have members feel it needs "more" cookies?

My only fear is they will nerf LA. After they nerfed ESF's, LA is the only thing in PS2 I really enjoy and requires a good deal of skill to be used properly. I can see it now, they give us some "tool" and then nerf the JJ or some such because suddenly we are OP.

STOP IT!
  15. gunfox

You're obviously VS, even if you mention the Haymaker. Slugs are complete and utter crap on everything but Vanu.
  16. Sharmanti

He's cheating.

He cuts the video during "streaks". You can see nades and ammo just instanly getting refilled.
  17. Iridar51

Well duh, that's why it's called *montage*. Amazing video.
  18. Sharmanti

You seem to fail to understand what I just said. Like litteraly, in the middle of the streak as he enters a new room, the camera shakes slightly and all of a sudden he enters the room with full ammo and nades. It's not like he shifts from streak to streak, he litteraly extends his streaks by putting together clips in the same area. Around 30 second in you'll see one. 1:12 you'll se another
    • Up x 1
  19. Mrasap

I believe it's quite clear that LA has a relatively high skill threshold and specialized, but once there they can be extremely effective. Hence unexperienced players ask for buffs and experienced do not.

One minor change I'd agree on would be a reduction in time for spotting to wear off from the LA specifically.
  20. Iridar51

I noticed it too. So? MONTAGE.
    Crap, what I have to do around here to prove I'm not stupid? Write my IQ in signature?
    I assume you watch a movie once in a while. That's what they do too in making one of those. Why not here? He didn't once stated that was one big streak, you're not uncovering hidden mysteries or deceits here.