Light Assault or Infiltrator? Ns-7 PDW

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by iVenomize, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Kronic

I Auraxiumd it a couple day ago and I think it's an awful weapon. The T5 AMC, NS-11C, Pulcar C, ACX11, Merc and the Razor are all better ranged weapons.
  2. LownWolfe

The PDW isn't awful, its just not good. For the range that it works best in, a carbine is better. This goes specially for the NC who have great ranged carbines like the Merc, the Razor, and the ACX. An infiltartor would get much betetr use from the PDW as a larger capacity substitute to the full auto scout rifle.
  3. Moisture

More or less what I suspected. I dont think I could convincingly ever sub the ACX for any weapon for longer range work.
  4. Duban

Basically this. If you can guarentee fighting at point blank you're better off with a shotgun. If there's a chance of shooting at something beyond 10 meters you're better off with a carbine. SMGs aren't worth using on anything but an infil.
  5. Iridar51

Well I wouldn't word it exactly like that. For NC, for example, SMGs are about the only high DPS option that has effective range >8 meters of shotguns. But that's talking Blitz / Cyclone, of course, not PDW.
  6. ShumaKun

I'm trying now to auraxium NS PDW on LA and I hate it. DPS is just to low. Go for infiltrator if you really want to use this gun.
  7. Moisture

I must massively disagree with you.
    You know not the joys of CQC HA with a advanced laser sight Cyclone.
    Combining the most health with the best time to kill is just stacking amazing on awesome.
    And personally I do have a love of the same on light assault.
    • Up x 2
  8. Roland2TowerCame

Buying it with SC to allow for use on all classes of course, but it is nice to have the same gun in multiple situations so you can get used to it.
  9. ikon

i have always focused on the t5 amc as its just a good all around weapon.
    lately i been playing around with the ns-7 and enjoy it, tho at range it feels like im gimping myself.
  10. Cabouse

Personally after trying most of the weapons for every class I can say the NS-7 PDW works for nearly any class the reasons are yes its TTK may be lower than other weapons however it has a fast reload time, managable recoil, better damage fall off at longer ranges if you equip the advanced laser you can hip fire even at long ranges. Its a good weapon. T5 AMC is a great carbine so it the NS-11C. I mean try it out see if you are comfortable with using it
  11. Akhevan

The recoil on pretty much any weapon, carbines and smgs especially, is quite manageable if you got the skills (obviously most of the players havent). However, using ns pdw at ranges beyond 30 meters and below 20 meters is more like shooting yourself in the foot. And how often do you get fights at 20-30m range? Not very often I guess, so the point of this weapon is moot. At least other NC weapons do great at range to compensate for their low dps.
  12. RockPlanetSide2

Not sure about 90% of the blathering in this post so far, but there is a reason quite a few good players use the NSPDW instead of a carbine, the NSPDW can hip fire AND is decent at medium range, that is a big plus to be above average at both aspects... most carbines are not (yes even the TRAC 5 just randomly misses tons of bullets at normal hip-fire ranges).

Now if you are shooting at longer range, the NSPDW is just bad, you use the ACX11, Pulsar C, or the AMC for that on a light assault, or you use the Scout Rifles (Stalker, SAOS, Artemis) on the Infiltrator.

If you want the best weapon CQC and closer medium ranges, the NSPDW is perfect... anything else you need to specialize with weapons specifically intended for those ranges. The new Suppressed SMG will also net you similar results as the NSPDW.
  13. Badmagic362

I too was struggling with how to best use the NS-7 PDW, I started using it the same as the other SMG’s on my infiltrator in CQC situations and was constantly getting murdered. It isn’t near at good as your empires SMG’s for CQC situations. So then I tried using it at range and had a little better luck but still not great. Using it on a LA really clicked for me, I play with a different mentality when I play LA and generally get better positioning and almost always at range, which the NS-7 is good for, so the NS-7 is better for me on my LA. I like the 2x scope, foregrip, flash suppressor, and soft point. I play NC and still really like this gun over my empire carbines easy control and good hip fire.