Light Assault or Infiltrator? Ns-7 PDW

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by iVenomize, Feb 4, 2014.

1. iVenomize

I am having trouble whether or not i should play as an Infiltrator or Light Assault with my PDW. I like how you can cloak and hack with the Infiltrator, but I also like the jump jets on Light Assault which lets me hide on top of towers and in trees.

Please Help. :(
  2. M2_Bradley

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. Rogueghost

The NS7-PDW is only useful on infiltrator, EVERY carbine light assault can use is better than it.
    • Up x 2
  4. iVenomize

5. iVenomize

I wouldn't say all carbines. I used the TR T5 AMC and the Trac-5 and I prefer the PDW over both of them. There could be more, but those are the only ones that I have used.
  6. Rogueghost

Trac-5 and PDW both have 750 RoF, the Trac-5 deals 143 damage pre bullet, the PDW deals 125, the Trac-5 also has more ammunition as well as being easier to control.

Making the Trac-5 an upgrade to the PDW in everything but hipfire and reload speed, and if you like the PDW for those aspects you'd be better off with anyother SMG.

The T-5 AMC has a slower fire rate (652) but also a higher damage pre bullet (143) leaving the two with a similar DPS, while the T5 remains much more accurate than the PDW capable of taking down targets at ranges where the PDW can only hope to tickle.
  7. Freedym Fry

8. Kronic

Use it for infil but not LA. Carbines are much better weapons.
  9. Epic High Five

Try it on both, then try carbines out on your LA. Stick with whatever you kill the best with.

The difference between fastest and slowest TTK in this game is like 0.2 seconds, the most important thing is finding a gun you click with.
  10. Iridar51

I always felt NS-7 was weak and self-contradictory.
    You can, of course, use it, but this would be hurting yourself in the end. You can use a sidearm instead of your primary to the same effect - this can be done with some degree of success, but you still would be using an inferior weapon.
  11. DerEchteSpatz

Why are you all saying carbines are better than the NS-7?
    I myself have auraxium on the Merc AF-19, the GD-7F and almost done on the Blitz GD-10.
    Since I use the Blitz, my K/D has almost doubled instantly!
    I don't know if the NS-7 is weaker than the Blitz, but at least they're both SMGs...

In my playstyle of LA I would never get back to a carabine. (maybe to get auraxium 200 certs, but not for efficiency)

So you can say, it depends on your playstyle. ^^
  12. Iridar51

There is a world of difference between Blitz and NS-7.
    • Up x 1
  13. DerEchteSpatz

Hm, if you say that Iridar, I believe you. But the NS-7 has to be really weak, if a carabine is better than it.
    And why the hell was everyone running around with it, a few months ago? Was it strong and got nerfed?
  14. Lakora

To Auraxium it. :D
  15. Rogueghost

Because it was new so everyone wanted to try to the new gun.

And the reason its so bad, is it's an SMG that tries to be a carbine but does it completely wrong.

Its one of the worst primaries in the game.
  16. Iridar51

Sorry, didn't have time to make a normal post.

Usually, SMGs have severe damage drop-off at range. Damage tiers go 200, 167, 143, 125, 112, 100, 91, 84.

Blitzes bullets do 125 damage at 6 meters, and downscale to 84 damage at 42 meters, that's four tiers of damage degradation.
    Other SMGs also drop down 4 tiers.

Except for NS7, which degrades only 2 tiers, and that degradation occurs further.
    This means that compared to other SMGs, NS-7's bullets will do a lot more damage at range, and because NS-7 has controllable recoil - relative to other SMGs - it's easier to hit with more bullets.
    With SPA, NS-7's damage model will be 125 @ 21m - 100 @ 65m.
    However, low rate of fire reduces raw DPS of this gun, meaning that NS-7 will become more effective than other SMGs at around 22+ meters. At this range you have to ADS with it.

Real perks of SMGs - hip fire accuracy, low hip fire bloom and high DPS just don't apply to this gun, especially at that range. It's a good option for infiltrators - damage model and cross-faction sound make this gun very suppressor-friendly, so they will be both more stealthy and more effective at range than with other SMGs.

For LAs, however, "a mainly ADS weapon at 22+ meters" sounds awfully close to "just about any carbine", and all of them will do more damage, too. And have higher damage per magazine.

NS-7 wasn't nerfed, and I still see all kinds of classes wield it very often. Not everyone picks their weapon "what's best", maybe some of them like the looks or the sound, or it "feels" right to them. Others are just clueless.
    • Up x 3
  17. iVenomize

Thanks for all your guys information. I know almost all of you say Infiltrator, but like DerEchteSpatz says "So you can say, it depends on your playstyle. ^^" it does depend on my playstyle and I am going to probably stick with Light Assault. It just has a better feel to it. Again thanks for your info, but if you see me out there, Ill probably be Light Assault. ;)
  18. Gruntilda

PDW is the current best in slot gun for LAs,and SMG infs. Hands down

So shell out those smeds
  19. Moisture

For my light assault I will commonly equip the ACX11 when I want something with better range.
    It seems the PDW is trying to step on that weapons toes a fair bit. I find in the AR class of weapons the Reaper hands down out performs the NS AR at range handily in my books. Do any NC LAs here use the PDW? Its a bit pricy and overlapping with what I already own so I'm not completely sold yet.
  20. DerEchteSpatz

I thought the best distance weapon for LAs in NC is the Razor GD-23 since its muzzle velocity of 560 m/s?
    But I don't own that gun personally, so I could be wrong...