Light Assault- Most self-entitled group of players ever?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by FrontTowardEnemy, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Paragus

Really?

2. Zerotrigger

I dont see how this is even a discussion. LA has the advantage of mobility against every other class, THAT is there utility. No LA's should not be able to revive, or hack, or heal others, or repair ****. You have the ability to outmaneuver every other class, access points no other class can, (LA's are king of the biolabs for this reason) and deal with BOTH infantry and armor.

So with that said i suggest all you LA "players" learn to utilize your jumpacks better and stop running headlong into battle like your a HA.
  3. Kulantan

If they're not better then I hardly think smoke is an LA perk as the OP said. Not to mention in a long fight it is perfectly feasible to use smoke more than twice without spamming and with good medic support you're not going to got to a terminal that often.
  4. MasterCheef

LAs are the ninjas of PS2. We can annoy and harass, but in no way are we overpowered.

I think the LA is fine for the most part, all we need is just a tool that gives us another way to help our platoon and takes advantage of our ability to fly. IMO recon darts are the most obvious thing. We dont need more survivability, we dont need more fire power. (we dont need ess either!)

I think LA players are "smarter" than other players simply because in order to survive with this class, you NEED to develop cunning and tactics. We learn the habits of other players and we learn when to strike. We observe from a distance and above the crowd.
    • Up x 1
  5. WookLordz

Nice try, poseur. Trying to say "HI LOOK AT ME I PLAY LIGHT ASSAULT," then insulting all the LAs that aren't, you know, noobs.
    • Up x 1
  6. Posse

lol'd
  7. EMP1RE

I love my LA class. Love it. I discovered how good it was when I realised that LA's were basically Infils that couldn't cloak but could float around, drop in behind a random group of unsuspecting dewds and show them how effective I am at mashing the letter 'T' repeatedly on my keyboard is and then fly away like a wittle bwerd spamming 'V and 6' over and over.

BUT.

You do it for a couple of hours and feel like something is missing... All those nice streaks you pulled off behind 'enemy lines' is all well and good until you realise that they are just going to get revived and continue causing trouble to your faction at/on objectives and there is very little you, as a lightly armored assault class, can do about stopping it. Sure you can take your C4 to their sundy... but you can't get close enough 90% of the time (and they just repair it anyway). Sure you can kill the guys on your point and retake it... then they all know you're around and just come back better prepared and with Medics...

That all said...

LA's do have a place in PS2 and its a good place (in my opinion), it just lacks (as with most things in PS2 at the moment) some depth.
  8. Sneakier

I loled hard reading this thread...

The only thing LA needs is a tool that has good synergy with Jet Pack

The LA is just has good has the Medic and the Engineer, same hp, nice ability,etc...

Just missin the tool

won't compare it to the Heavy cuz the heavy is a beast... I dont exchange fire at medium/long distances with a heavy unless i have a sniper or a heavy
  9. Kyouki

For it to be standard it would have to occupy a different slot (slot 3) otherwise there is no point.
  10. jak

My advice is to get a couple hundred hours on your LA with an elite level outfit and we'll talk about the rest of your thoughts.
  11. deggy

What, so he can become one of the players he's complaining about?

There's nothing wrong with looking at a community from the outside. And looking at your guys' class forums, there are FOUR THREADS on the first page alone that are whining about real, imaginary, and hypothetical nerfs to the class.

"LA Nerf List"
    "LA Up for ANOTHER NERF on the test server"
    "If you guys don't want C4 to be nerfed..."
    "C4 nerf on the test server"

It's not his fault he's looking at things like that and seeing whining, because that's what it is. You guys have a couple members of your community that turn on the tears whenever something is changed.
  12. Phrygen

I think it stems from the inherent weakness of carbines in PS2... that's just me though.

The fact that the class identifies itself with c4 is a problem on its own.
  13. jak

No, so he can have actual perspective instead of a first impression.
  14. WookLordz

If LA was in the place it should be, there would be a much higher percentage of LA players.
    • Up x 2
  15. GhostAvatar

And here you go trying to mix words to prove a flawed point. I never said they was better, nor did I say they wasn't better. I didn't comment on it either way. So trying to infer anything onto that is just a poor argument from a poor mind. The simple fact I was trying to point out originally, was that the LA has the same access to the UBGL smoke that the engie does.
  16. Jaquecz

People qq about everything.
    Only in PS2 It happens alot more.
  17. HadesR

Only read the title and I always thought it was dedicated vehicle users not LA *shrugs*

:p
  18. Niller

LA is not UP, nor OP. HA is in my opinion the most usefull class in the game, and when LA receive a nerf, it annoys me. But LA seems pretty balanced ATM.
  19. Luperza Community Manager

Moving this to the Light Assault Class forums.

Beware...Keep this thread constructive or it will be closed. In the future, please avoid titles like "Most self-entitled group of players ever?" ;)
  20. Mythicrose12

May as well close it, Luperza.
    • Up x 2