Light Assault- Most self-entitled group of players ever?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by FrontTowardEnemy, Aug 5, 2013.

1. ValorousBob

LAs are great for teamplay, don't be silly.

Quoting to say I LOL'd at your sig.
    • Up x 1
  2. GhostAvatar

Engies with smoke launchers are a billion times better than smoke grenades???? You do know that the LA has the access to the same smoke launcher. AND if you have unlocked it for the engie, you got it for the LA at no extra cert cost. Flash bangs also play a pivortal roll in team play, when used prior to a room breach by your squad. In fact when used in squad play, they are kinda OP.
  3. HerpTheDerp

I imagine (sniper) Infiltrator players as typical kids, in the 8-11 age range, you know, guys who go "But Mooooooooooooom", who put their tongue out when they snipe(they probably don't know about steady mechanic). They have the children's gift of sheer persistence and are able to just keep on playing and playing and playing no matter how bad it ends for them, even if they end up dying fifty times in the stupidest of ways, as long as they get that one headshot, they're happy. Then they'll tell their mom "Mom, I got a cool headshot today" and she'll answer "That's great, dear" and it's the best day ever.

Now LAs... LAs as older kids, about 12-15, with basketball caps the wrong way, pants two numbers too big, Skrillex, and plimps all over their face. All they do all day is either watch **** or play LA in PS2. They are prone to rage and overexcitement and can be heard shouting things like "******** HOW DID YOU KILL ME YOU ******* PIECE OF GAY ****" or YEAH ****** GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND SUCK MY DICK" when they do badly or well. They use shotguns and CQB-oriented carbines, the higher DPS the better. Their KDR isn't actually very high because they only use the LA's jetpack to get to the action faster and "sky-lining" to them is "some kind of sport but I dunno looks gay".

Sorry, didn't even read the thread. Just my 2 certs.
    • Up x 5
  4. Luighseach

Same could really be said about the Infiltrator. Usually it is sniping, hacking, or, the real great ones, throwing down radar darts. Usually if you are hacking the terminal you are not near your squad and the radar darts are not really needed if one person has proximity radar on their vehicle.

You do not have to go into a fight without and infiltrator or honestly if you have a Sunderer you could only use HAs and still win the fight.

Light Assaults do have their place in squads and add to the team which makes them great for their purpose just as much as the LA and honestly if used right can be just as useful to a squad as an Engineer. However you should not look at the Light Assault as a support class when it should not and can not be played as such. It is a assault class and probably the best assault class when attacking entrenched positions.

However of all the classes Light Assault is probably the best at lone wolfing in large fights and will usually be the class people migrate too if they do not run in squads or prefer to play solo.

(FYI for anyone else reading this and wondering why I did not list what the light assaults squads strengths are I posted them above in another reply)
  5. Tow2Bravo

Id have to say you pretty much painted a picture of the way I see LA. Remember when the big C4 nerf scare came around? You could almost feel their rage through the screen. "OMG I'lll be completely worthless now" "I'M QUITTING IF THIS HAPPENS", "SOE MUST HATE LA"..To funny, and great explanation...lol
  6. DJPenguin

Having used to run a small Light Assault only outfit, the class is in good shape. My only beef is that(as addressed in that mega revive thread) a LA's work can be quickly undone when they're behind the front lines. Assassination, flanking, hit and run are all tactics that the class is seemingly designed to do except medic trains completely and effortlessly undoes a LA's work.

Tip: try running with med kits instead of C4. I made the switch several months ago and it's just so much better being in fights until i literally run out of ammo. It's not like those maxes that C4 are spent on won't be revived within seconds anyway.
    • Up x 1
  7. gunfox

Seek help
  8. theholeyone

To a lesser degree yes, but the infiltrator doesn't have to jump a wall to be useful, the squad can push up to a terminal and cover the infiltrator as he hacks it. The infiltrator can snipe from a similar position to the rest of squad, he can lay down radar dart from same too. In all cases a medic can head down same way and revive him if needed. These things are not the case for LA where there utility demands they go places the rest of squad cannot.

The LA class is the only one without a tool right? (apart from max of course) Kind of says something about its use to the team outside of direct combat. Even the HA gets rocket launchers which can deter air like no other class.
    • Up x 2
  9. ent|ty

I disagree with you.
    Flanking is everything in PS2.
    Most of my kills and most of my deaths can be attributed to flanking and getting flanked.
    In fact, I would argue that PS2 is all about running around shooting people in the back of the head, while being shot in the back of the head yourself.
  10. Kulantan

Engies get ammo pack that resupply the launcher.... Sure any one with an S weapon can fire them but it is the ammo packs that make it a billion times better than smoke grenades.
  11. Neopopulas

A group of LA's are brutal. A lone LA is a XP pinata
  12. Kyouki

You call Light Assaults self entitled yet we have been nerfed over and over again. Our class update doesn't exist (last time I checked) and you start playing the class and think you know best. The class is fun, yes. The class is good, yes. The class is finished, nope. I'm not going to speak for all LAs because I have no authority to but I want them to finish the class. Unlike a lot of people who want something to support the team I want something to help me kill the enemy. It is an assault class after all.
    • Up x 3
  13. Kyouki

..... Wut?
  14. lilleAllan

It's a fantastic class. Some people prefer shotguns and those people chose the path of the dog. I walk the path of man: ASC, standard carbine and C4.

That said, I find the infiltrators are even whinier than the LA's. Infiltrators have some of the best tools for killing infantry in the game and yet the subforum is basically a massive whinefest/ support group for bad players, it's borderline pathetic.

NC maxes are pretty bad as well.
  15. Cinnamon

Still in the honeymoon period with the jump jet which is fair enough considering that jump jets are a lot of fun and pretty effective.

But the straight up lack of combat effectiveness in most real situations compared to HA and the lack of utility compared to engi and medic wears you down after a while.
  16. Takoita

I'm afraid that distinction belongs to ESF pilots, OP.
    • Up x 2
  17. PaperPlanes

You know there's 5 classes, plus the MAX, right? And you know any player in any game worth his salt plays all classes and learns all roles, right?

There is no "group of LA players", you just made that up. If anyone only exclusively plays one class, they're greatly limiting themselves. This isn't like some big MMO where you need to spend months decking out your one main class in awesome gear and feel locked into it, you can change class anytime in PS2 and you can kick butt with a completely uncerted class just fine.

Also, a class being good does not mean the class is balanced PROPERLY. LA needs more team utility, right now it's a completely selfish class. That's a balance problem, every other class can do something big to support their friends, LA's have nothing special except a jetpack that selfishly gets them into good camping spots so they can buff their KDR stats.
  18. Midnightmare

Dude!!! the smoke granade launcher is useless!!! if you want to use smoke you have to use the damn nades since they last like 3 times as long. to make an efficient use of the underbarrel smoke launcher you need a guy or 2 more likely spamming it constantly.

And you realise that LA gets the same setup as Engi.
    And what you are saying sounds an awefull lot more like bad team work than bad LA :p
    You dont have to play LA as rambo you know. support your team.
    Dont like being first over the edge? well play engi or medic :p
  19. lilleAllan

These two sentences make no sense together.
  20. The King

Yes, it's fun, then it's just... so so.
    First time playing it, I enjoyed it, certed it up and had fun.
    Then I stopped. I haven't played the class since. The only time I pull em is to use the C4..
    Yes, I kill a lot of things. Once I do not need it, I don't even use it anymore. To me, it's an engineer that can use a jet pack.

And they're not useless in a team. They're great.