Liberators need to be louder.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, May 14, 2014.

1. Scr1nRusher

There is no good reason why they are near silent for a big giant hovering gunship that rains doom on everything on the ground & sky.
    • Up x 26
  2. Scr1nRusher

All I am saying is that liberators should be LOUDER sounding.

Liberators need a distinct sound effect to them......... not just there firepower sounds.
    • Up x 2
  3. SacredRay

Esf pilots: we can kill libs easily
    Lib pilots: esfs can kill us easily

Bad players then come on forums and make several threads about "liberator OP".
    • Up x 1
  4. Tommyp2006

Welp that pretty much sums up the entirety of the playerbase of the game doesn't it? :rolleyes:
    • Up x 12
  5. z1967

Nobody cares a small minority cares

Yeah, either ESFs need to be quieter or Libs need to be much, much louder. I can hear cloakers before I can here Libs :|
    • Up x 2
  6. MrJengles

I've never understood why they're so quiet; or how they've managed to stay that way for so long. Given the noise ESFs make, I really don't see how it would be anything but fair.

On a few occasions it's made a kill all the more satisfying when a good lib pilot tries to sneak up on me (both in a tank and ESF). But I still don't think it's best for gameplay.
  7. vulkkan

Here at TR HQ, we'll nail a couple of screaming NC to the wings of our Liberator. Their blood will paint our glorious gunship red as their screeching terrifies the buckshot out of the nearest scatmax. Let's do this Borderlands style, I'm sure my pilot wouldn't mind being like a Badass Nomad.
    • Up x 7
  8. Elrobochanco

This is a fair comment, likely due to the typical height of a lib compared to the attack patterns of ESF. I never really hear galaxies either, but they don't crap dalton rounds straight down from hundreds of meters up, so I don't care if they stay that way.

I don't think they need to be skyguard/AI turret levels of earbursting, but you should be able to hear a lib at least as loud as an ESF when both are in typical engagement ranges (this is different for each of them obviously).
    • Up x 1
  9. GaBeRock

He's not asking for some massive nerf, he's making a perfectly reasonable request. How would you like it if ESFs were as quiet as a walking infantryman, and could oneclip you?
    • Up x 5
  10. Bulltahr

This.
    First I hear of a nearby lib is getting Daltoned, unless I'm sitting in a AA turret waiting for Air to turn up.
    • Up x 3
  11. SacredRay

Have you forgotten how high Liberators have to fly to not get shot down in 5 secs? You also can't hear ESFs from the height Libs usually fly.
  12. Mongychops

Perhaps non-stealth Liberators could have a little more sound? I've always felt there should be a difference in the range you can hear a stealth or non stealth vehicle.
  13. sucoon

you hear every esf from miles away, but libs mostly only on there weapon sound. so i think 2 thinks should be done:
    1. give libe a louder unique sound
    2. tune down sound from all vehicles which using stealth
    • Up x 1
  14. GaBeRock

High? Personally, I always hug terrain, altitude bombing is a boring way to play.
  15. Longasc

This Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator Liberator nonsense on the forums is good for only one thing:

To put away focus from all the many other issue the game has. It's even more destructive than the usual drivel everyone is used to.
    • Up x 3
  16. Sid6dot7

They are so quiet because it could get annoying while you farm for >15 mins. And who would abort that farming simulator just because you can't stand the annoying engine roar anymore.
    • Up x 1
  17. SacredRay

Not to sound cool or anything, but I also try and hug terrain when I lib, its seems like a more dynamic way to fly rather than the arguably inactive piloting of altitude bombing.

However, I don't believe Libs are that quiet. Could it be that the OP is complaining about a small sample of Libs running Stealth? I've been tankbusted by other Libs whilst I was doing my thing in mid altitude. I didn't know where they came from or how they got me without me seeing them. But I just always assumed they were running stealth.

You don't hear tanks either by the way, but you look for them.
  18. z1967

Burst variants are general POS
    There are no .75x LMGs for TR and NC (I am fairly certain anyway)
    VS ARs are generally pretty much crap
    MBTs have been nerfed to the point in which pulling two lightnings is smarter
    Hornets are close to useless
    Locust/Kestrel/Antares cost way too much and are useless in most cases
    Resources
    Spawn camps (which is going to be hard to solve)
    General lack of decent AA
    Magrider and Lightning rounds resemble mortars more than tank shells
    MAX abilities are overall worthless compared to charge
    Weapon variety is still an issue (but is being addressed)

They exist. People know about them. They just get buried because they have been either talked to death (resources) or nobody gives a **** (burst variants). Libs are just the forumside focus of the month. If the beamer suddenly became OP, then forumside would start complaining about that.
  19. axiom537

I'm ok with that, better yet make then show up on radar a little earlier, or even give ground vehicles the ability to put on an Air Radar, like the ones ESF have now. This would make the counter Stealth Armor for ESF and liberators more valuable...
  20. GaBeRock

Stealth doesn't affect the sound of a vehicle, or more ESF pilots would run it. As it is, I can barely hear a liberator when I'm in it, in third person view. The other problem is that the sound is identical across factions, so even if you do hear a lib you don't know if it's a friendly like with ESFs.