Liberators make my game crash? O_o

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by gregfox89, Sep 27, 2013.

1. gregfox89

My game crashes randomly every few hours, as it has since GU11 I believe. But flying in Liberators it seems to happen more often. I'm not sure if it's a false attribution or if being in the liberator is actually causing more frequent crashes. Sometimes I'll crash twice or more within half an hour if I'm flying or gunning in a lib. Usually my framerate will drop or stutter, then I know a crash is coming. Luckily my gunner can save the liberator or I would be pretty mad over how often this happens. I have a theory that the lib's thrusters are somehow causing it. Especially since they're right in my face a lot of the time when I'm gunning. I don't know. I do also crash when using my scythe, and flying in a galaxy, so it could be something about flying in general, and the game having to render objects much faster than if I was on the ground, so some kind of memory issue. But I don't have anywhere near the amount of performance problems flying my scythe as I do with my lib, and I fly the scythe far more.
  2. SierraAR

Have you tried running task manager's resource tab to monitor memory usage while playing? It's possible there's a memory leak causing the crash. What you're describing with the stuttering, followed by a crash after a certain length of time fits the bill from my experience with memory leak issues in Planetside.

The Liberator might make it happen faster as you're travelling more distances in the air than on the ground.

This might not actually be the issue, though, but it doesn't hurt to check
  3. SierraAR

I completely missed the part about flying in a scythe without an issue, but it's worth checking anyway.
  4. gregfox89

It's hard to tell what is going on because I will eventually randomly crash no matter what I'm doing
    But I will try to remember to have task manager open while playing and see if I learn anything
  5. SierraAR

I can say that when I was playing during one of PS2's memory leak issues, I was able to watch the memory usage slowly climb up higher and higher, until it capped off and planetside crashed.