Liberator Update: Update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ash87, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Ash87

Hello again everyone, as always, here I am with something you may want to pay a bit of attention to: Link

At the link is the current plan for the liberator update, that is said to be released in March.

The update for this should be out during the second week of the coming month (Based on HIgby's week by week breakdown of the monthly release schedule).

Couple things I would like to direct people's attention to: The Empire specific belly guns are out, with just the TR and NC variants being reworked into NS guns. One is a TV guided rocket and the other is an upgraded zephyr with a wide AOE.

Also, Coyote tail gun.

This would be one of those things people need to start looking at now, while it is in development, so... start looking!

To start a conversation I have a few things:

1. Should the TV guided missiles be a NS weapon, or should it only be a NC-only trait?
    2. Do people want Bombs?
    3. Do the many Logistical changes (Vehicle Voice channel, Ammo count displayed for all gunners, shared xp) go far enough, and are you happy with those changes?
    • Up x 2
  2. sustainedfire

The Liberator update shrank to not much being changed. Good tweaks overall, but nothing entirely new.

The ES weapons being made NS was probably for the best, there were clearly better ES options on the list too good to be given to one empire.

The dropship idea seems pretty good, I hope that is still on the table.
    • Up x 1
  3. BengalTiger

Meaning larger firing angles? I'm sure ESF pilots will enjoy.
    A Racer Lib turned out to be faster than a stock Reaver in a VR test I took part in months ago...
    ESF pilots will enjoy this as well.

The vehicle comm channels will be a great addition, not only for the Lib.
    I currently use proximity for talking with the gunner(s).

Same story with the ammo indicators for all guns on a vehicle.
  4. MasonSTL

1. Making the weapons NS is lazy.
    2. Bombs would be a spectacle, but imagine the TKing
    3. No
    • Up x 2
  5. ABATTLEDONKEY

As always, Thanks for the update ASH!!!

DLing PTS patch now.

to answer your questions (which anyone can answer before they even play the game)

1: NONE of the guns should be NS. SOE should add new NS weapons for the lib, to expand its potential gameplay, however there REALLY should be ES weapons. I personally dont like the idea of the guided missile (i play NC), but there should certainly be ES belly guns for the lib. we dont know the reasoning for the switch from ES to NS, but money, and laziness (the only 2 reasons I could think of off the top of my head for the NS decision) are NOT good reasons.

2: People have been asking for this since BETA, and in very large groups. VERY few people oppose the idea of dumb bombs on liberators, and those people typically maintain some degree of ignorance, and there fears involve implausible scenarios (like insta gibbing ESF's with bombs). Dumb bombs on liberators is a GREAT example of that an NS weapon should be for the lib.

3: assuming all of these things are implemented, I am happy with them. My primary concern is that the shared XP wont be even (im a proponent of direct shared XP), and that the pilot and tail gunner still wont be as lucrative as gunning. I do, however, thing that the ammo display is a usless addition meant only to support the lack of voip involved teamplay. I have played with randoms before and done JUST fine by simple use of text, and voice pompts (v4: need ammo. v9: affirmative when your full). this addition is not needed IMO, and reduces the need for real teamplay, which should be encouraged IMO.
    • Up x 1
  6. VSDerp

should just make a ns faction.
    • Up x 3
  7. vincent-

I really look forward to a lib having a small transport roll helps out in the support side of things and I can finally make a lib too do that which my guys love lancer groups putting them in good places would be nice without having a giant profile to shoot at.

Also I hope the vehicle channel goes across the continent I would like to thank some pilots for help and know were to take my tank to help some groups.
  8. NinjaTurtle

ES weapons are what I would like. They add faction diversity, all we seem to be getting is NS weapons for the most part an that is starting to make the factions feel the same just with a different skin

I guess they feel balancing is easier for NS weapons and probably because of all the childish attitudes of people that complain that one faction has something they dont. Most recently there have been forum babies crying over the ESSR particuarly the NC one

It is people like this that prevent nice thing being added to the game
    • Up x 1
  9. IamDH

NO to NS.

NO NO NOOOOOOOO. I want faction identities!

To anyone who is about to disagree. Imagine making the Lancer/Striker/Phoenix NS
    It kills the whole point of factions and wont really help in balance that much. It will go from "Faction X OP to item X OP"

It would be pointless to make them NS and i'd also like to point out that this means the VS weapon is getting removed.
    • Up x 2
  10. DQCraze

Most important to me, is joystick compatibility. Shared XP and Voice Comms are welcome upgrades. I spend 80% of my game time piloting a Lib and would like to add one more thing. Give the belly gunner the same 3rd person view toggle as the pilot. Currently the gunner gets no third person view toggle that I know of. Also, why do libs not have the proxy radar? Just my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ash87

Honestly people, if folks don't like NS guns, they need to go to the roadmap and downvote things.

I tend to agree, I'm not wild about it getting changed to NS weapons again. I am okay with NS weapons, but that is all the vehicles are getting these days. The ESF update: NS weapons only. The Lib update now looks like it'll be NS only. We need Real ES weapons.
    • Up x 2
  12. Goretzu

1. I'm just wondering how on earth it will work on a Lib with a ~295m flight range.

2. This is what the Lib should have had to begin with, stick thing like Dalton's on them in the first place was a very bad idea, balance-wise.
  13. WyrdHarper

The liberator is an NS vehicle and should therefore only have NS weapons. The ES weapons on the NS Harasser were an enormous balancing headache and indirectly screwed up tank balance. Different faction traits work for faction vehicles, but not for NS vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  14. Pikachu

Instead of giving TR and vanu a boring ES weapon they decided to make them all NS. Now we all get 2 possibly fun weapons and 1 boring. I want them ES. I never want venu or TR to get our TV missiles.

1. TV missiles should be NC trait! :mad:
    2. Never cared for them but sure let's have then.
    3. The most important is the shared XP but it's vital that they include assists for the pilot. Destroying vehicles involves multiple shooters most of the time. The liberator rarely gets the last shot and thereby the pilot gets nothing. Pilot must get assist XP from his gunners.

Have you not noticed there is a dead zone right underneath the liberator's belly gun? It's like a cone which the gun can't enter. This has no impact on A2A combat. It will make shooting targets right underneath less annoying.
  15. ABATTLEDONKEY

and what makes you think people are NOT participating in the road map?
  16. doombro

I'm happy they're making the guns NS.

Now we'll get legitimate weapons that every faction owns instead of reworked NS weapons as EVERY new TR weapon has been. I'm getting tired of that crap.
  17. ABATTLEDONKEY

you should fight for better TR weapons, instead of settling for generic gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ash87

I went back over this post and the following people said they did not want NS weapons:
    MasonSTL
    VSDerp (At least that is what I am taking from his comment)
    ABATTLEDONKEY
    NinjaTurtle
    IamDH
    Pikachu

At time of writing these are the people who had downvoted the Lib update:
    Latrodectus
    Krutyifix
    DerEchteSpatz
    salesninja
    Makami
    Recoil3842
    Springjack
    Mainlander
    gWeePer
    Simzani
    TommyXXL
    BarxBaron
    5th tier
    Antem
    GhostAvatar
    Dragonhawk
    Santondouah
    NBA JAM
    Chrispin
    Elrobochanco
    Doomzzg
    Corporate Thug
    Cerus
    Kardes
    Akeita
    Ash87

So, if you are okay with the weapon changes, keep your upvote. If you are not, change it to a downvote.
    • Up x 1
  19. doombro

I've been talking about it since before the Striker, but nobody ever listens. Most TR seem willing to settle for any weapon that is completely boring as long as it's powerful, and then they cry bloody murder when the new weapons get hit by the nerf hammer and become neither fun or effective.

At this point I'm convinced that the developers only want generic gameplay for TR. The only weapon we have that is particularly unique is the mini chaingun, which isn't effective at anything due to rate of fire being so low. Ever since they changed the spin-up mechanic, there's only a split second window where the mini-chaingun is actually a decent weapon. Immediately after that window, the cone of fire becomes so large you're not going to be effective outside of shotgun range. Even the vulcan is just a tank buster with a spin-up time.
    • Up x 2
  20. ABATTLEDONKEY

this is a difficult one. One one hand, you are absolutely right. we should change the vote to negative to show our disapproval of this change. on the other hand, the voting system for the main post is used as an index to the accumulative idea of a lib update, and does NOT speak for any particular change, or feature. I like the lib update, and MUCH prefer these NS weapons, to no weapons at all, however, I dislike the NS update. I do not wish to see less effort put into the lib update because the due to negative votes on the topic as a whole.

For this reason, I do not wish to change my upvote on the over all topic. Instead I commented in the thread, participate in the discussions, and unlike most on these forums, spam the upvote button for posters whose ideas are good, and downvote the posters who endorse the NS weapons.

So yes, you are correct, I did not downvote the lib update, however I have put my opinion into the thread, and shown my support for various ideas and suggestions through a more detailed process.

Dont kill the lib update by disliking one idea. fight to change that simple feature.