Liberator REALLY OP now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Cswic

So yeah SOE, when are you going to bring lib tail gun range of motion in line? Everyone would like to get to play a halfway balanced game again K thanks.
    • Up x 1
  2. Goden

After they've made some dosh off of it.

Actually I'm not sure. I usually say "they did it for the money" when they over-buff things but the Liberator community is actually pretty small. Pilots are very much a minority playerbase and Lib pilots are the smallest lot of them. I honestly have no idea what their motivations are. If I were to look at the history of aircraft buffs I would put it down to sheer favoritism but ignorance certainly could be blamed, too.
    • Up x 1
  3. Astealoth

I really dislike flying Lib, it's not terribly fun to me. Buuuuuuut... I do think Lib should be extremely strong. I'm quite pleased with the Libs this update, they seem really menacing now. Old Libs seemed like big slow softies and the majority of Lib crews went into panic sideways dive behind a mountain mode at the first sign of my Anni.
  4. Apples

Many pilots are forced to fly lower than they would like to due to the very poor rendering for air when it comes to the infantry firing at them.

Edit: Also... since when is getting 25% of your health taken from one hit something a person will ignore? xD
  5. NyngVerek

Two skyguards could not take down a Lib, sad. What else to say?
    • Up x 5
  6. Sebastien

HESH rounds, Mercury rounds would be pretty entertaining.
  7. Canadalex

I had given the game a break the past 2 months, came back and was playing fine until a Lib showed up and now I am forced to shelf the game until they undo the fagness, which could mean goodbye PS2 since the balance team clearly is on crack.

And to all the OP liberator fan boys who like to failfarm like douchebads: What's the point of being happy that Libs are now OP if it drives the player base away from the game entirely? Idiots will be idiots, killers of games basically. I guess will wait for H1Z1.
    • Up x 3
  8. iMartyr

A single lib made you quit the game? Would two libs make you quit the internet?
  9. Jack the Smack

There are 2 types of people in the world:

Those that find something they don't like in a sport, and proceed to ***** about it and even quit the sport because they hate it so much.

And those that find a way to counter such a problem.

The lib has many counters, and taking one out will net you a fat amount of certs plus will take the pilot out of commission for a bit.
  10. Canadalex

^ Delusional OP liberator fanboys :rolleyes:

v OP liberator fanboy in denial :oops:
    • Up x 1
  11. JonboyX

I'm glad that liberators are devastating against infantry and vehicles. It stacks with their entire 'being'. They still need to get within G2A range in order to be even remotely effective though: and they're still very vulnerable to most AA. I'd prefer the Dalton to be less of an AA deterrent, but having spent some time in one, it isn't easy to hit other planes; so credit & reward where it's due.
    • Up x 1
  12. Goden

Lets look at its counters and what has been done to make sure they can't actually counter it:

AA - Gave the Lib more resistance to flak and nerfed flak damage. Comp armor also boosts flak resistance Lib takes ungodly amounts of flak to kill. Lib has a faster TTK than any AA weapon so it can usually kill you first 99% of the time.

Tank shells - SOE has given the LIb a higher resistance to tank shells if they run comp armor. At max rank it takes 9 Vanguard HEAT rounds to bring down a Lib. That is totally insane.

ESF's - The belly-gun can insta-gib your ESF and the tail gun now has a full range of motion so it can now shoot at you no matter where you try to attack the lib from.

Lock-ons - Lol yeah have fun with that. Takes like 15 rockets to actually kill one. More if they have comp armor.

The only sure-fire counter that I can think of is ramming it with a Galaxy. And that's only because a Lib can't kill a Gal fast enough to stop it from ramming it.
    • Up x 2
  13. Srazor

Lol, that was lib pilots brain washing people, convincing the devs liberators were xp piñatas.
    • Up x 1
  14. Some1

The liberator should change roles back to the high altitude bomber it once was. We already had a gunship in the galaxy so why did we need a smaller version of it with less guns?
    • Up x 2