[Suggestion] Liberator: -50% Damage vs. Air Armor Types

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Insignus, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Hajakizol

I dont think anyone has posted a video montage of deterrent ribbons....
  2. TR5L4Y3R

it could go the route of BF 1942 .. dropping bombs weren´t easy in that game and you had to risk running into aa .. the AoE also wasn´t too big ..

seriously adding more and more highskillweapons while limiting lowskillweapons lessens the options available to lowskill players ... variety is the spice of life ..
    if you limit lowskill players to few easy to use weapons they soon get bored and leave .. and at worst you would leave the game with tryhards were it becomes even more frustrating for new players to make progress (and as such limit them to play engineers and medics for certgrinding) ... the game needs a broad spectrum of options that allows players who are intrested and dedicated to get better to follow a steady but fair rise in skill .. limiting the options would make that learningcurve too steep and you risk shooing players away (most prominent example NC heavies starting with the gausssaw when they actualy should start with the gd-23) .. .. shooting esf´s with carbines while somewhat effective isn´t that fun to be honest .. neither is launching 100 missiles and missing 60 to 80 of them dumbfired or laserguided .. and still lock on aren´t a 100% sure fire and hit tool either even though that being situational ..
  3. adamts01

Currently, AA is pretty effective at deterring air, but that's about it, it's not lethal, and it's not fun. That's the whole reason I think the deterrent role should be switch to buffed rifles. It's not a fun job, you're right, but someone has to do it. That's why i think players shouldn't have to pull a specific loadout, that can't even get a kill, is no fun, and likely just cause air to bug off just long enough for the player to ditch his AA loadout. What we have just isn't good for the game. As far as limiting low-skill weapons, that's just because if we can't have better rifles against air plus our current AA crap. Also, I never once said current lock-ons or dumbfires were a viable AA option.

A fireteam could coordinate rifle fire and keep from getting farmed without having to dedicate someone to a boring AA role for a single ESF than soetimes takes some shots at them, the Skyguard could be a high-skill AA platform, maybe an autocannon that would take 3 or 4 hits to kill an ESF, and gunner weapons like the walker and ranger could be medium-skill weapons which are much more effective than rifles but have the killing ability of current Skyguards. This is how every other successful game does it, they have low, medium, and high skill weapons for every purpose, Planetside completely missed that mark and it completely ruins the Ground/Air relationship there just isn't a high-skill and reliable G2A option. A2A is either sky-high-skill nosegun or zero skill lock-ons, there's no middle ground for average players, which ruins air from the gate. These are some examples of why I say balance is broken. Then of course you have pathetic vehicles that just about every infantry class can one-shot, which ruins the combined arms aspect of the game, but that's a little bit of personal preference, where as a lack of variety of different skilled weapons is just a fact. Ok, back to Arma.
  4. Ziggurat8

I have a simpler fix. Increase the gravity drop of the dalton round by quite a bit and reduce its velocity vs ground targets it doesn't change much (it'll be like the magrider main cannon) but vs targets on the same level or higher than the dalton it will make it much harder to hit. I'm sure there will still be the occasional ESF shot down by the dalton but it will be much more difficult.
    • Up x 1