[LFS] Long Forgotten Soldiers Recruiting Prime Time Casual Soldiers

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Elahhez, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Elahhez

Greetings Soldiers

I am making a new recruitment thread because our direction has changed. Rather than aiming big we are now a small highly laid-back outfit, where everyone knows everyone else.

We use TeamSpeak 3, on our Alliance's (The Vanu Accord) Team Speak server, And the tone is very casual, there is no chain of command, and anyone can take squad leader and command. And even then, because we are such a minor tight-fit bunch there is no "do as you are told".

We aim to have fun, that is pretty much our only aim. We do not seek out the biggest fights, but fights where we can make a difference. We tend to avoid zergs both fighting against them, and certainly also being a part of them.. that is not our idea of fun.

We love our Magrider and use it frequently.

Once a week on Tuesdays we urge every member who still have interest in the game to log on for a bigger than usual squad.

We are generally active from about 8pm UK until about (or beyond) midnight UK time. We communicate via twitter to lure each other in.

Here are a few of our twitter tags: @Gimpylung, @ZeroMark26, @Blynd_inc and Myself @elahhez

We have no ambitions to become big in any sense of the word, however we invite you to come have fun with us, if you are an extremely laid back player such as ourselves.

Occasionally our alliance will have a joint ops, which has for goal to work as a larger body of forces, with organization.

For more information about us, you can visit our website, ask in this thread, via pm, ask on our own forum, or send @Gimpylung or @elahhez a tweet.

Our website is found at http://www.longforgottensoldiers.org

As a feature of the website, all LFS members can create their own unique, dynamically updated, LFS themed signature.

Thanks for your time, and have fun out there [IMG]
  2. ZeroMark

Long Forgotten Soldiers [LFS] - Miller

Long Forgotten Soldiers are back again, restarting recruitment following the server merge. As you can see from the original post we are an old Planetside outfit from the good old days. We've gone a bit dark in recent months due to many becoming a bit disillusioned with the way Planetside 2 is going, however we felt that after the server merge now might be a good time to get back on track.

LFS is looking to focus more on the tactical side of the game, moving away from the rampant zerging to develop some dedicated mobile squads ready to be deployed to re-secure and reinforce bases and generally do what is needed.

This is not however a move towards the competitive gaming or the style of "army roleplay" found in other outfits, it's still about having a laugh but being prepared to get on Teamspeak and follow a squad leader and a waypoint.

With this in mind, and due to our small number at the moment this does mean that we have to take in to account our limited capacity to train new players. This doesn't mean that we are going to be elitist, that you have to be Battle Rank 50 to join or that we will be screaming at you when you screw up.

It does mean that before you join we expect you to have a decent understanding of how the game works and what each of the role of each class is.

This also won't be an outfit of five thousand players. We will be intentionally keeping it small, and focused.

Summary time!

What we can do for you

- Casual friendly environment (we won't be kicking you out if you happen to have something better to do)
    - Coordinated team play during prime time (8pm to 12 most nights)
    - Close-knit outfit (there won't be hundreds of us sorry)
    - A move away from the zerg to something hopefully a little more strategic
    - Dedicated teamspeak and play with our alliance partners in The Vanu Accord

What we want from you

- 18+ (sorry but Gimpy has a dirty mouth and I don't want to have to speak to parents)
    - English speaking (sorry, purely for coordination and you don't want to hear my French accent, sa *****.)
    - Basic to decent understanding of how the game works (what is the primary target when attacking a biolab? Where should a medic be in a fight? That kind of stuff.)
    - Be prepared to be mobile (we won't be following the zerg for the most part and you need to be prepared to fall back when asked)
    - Be prepared to join teamspeak (it's a small outfit at the moment, we are all friendly and I promise to swear only every time I get killed. Seriously though it's for coordination, I'm not typing in chat line an animal.)

I think that's everything. If you'd like more info PM me or one of the other LFS guys here, head to the website -http://www.longforgottensoldiers.org/ , contact one of us in game (Gimpylung, Elahhez, Predator7, B7lnd or ZeroMark) or apply through that new outfit recruitment tool in game (if you can get it to work).

Cheers,

Zero