Level 12 FNG Looking for Outfit

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by b4ux1t3, Feb 7, 2013.

1. b4ux1t3

I want to start off by telling a story:

I started playing this game not too long ago. I think it was Sunday. I started playing and had no idea what I was doing. Right off the bat, I auto-joined a squad and the leader seemed knowledgeable and friendly. I learned everything a newbie needs to know about the game from him and his outfit. However, as the days wore on, I began to notice that this outfit was a little... ridiculous.

The leader who I had supposed to be a friendly guy turned out to be a gigantic jerkwad. (I would use much stronger language, but I don't wanna get banned my first week.) He constantly cursed and screamed at people who talked in platoon voice chat, and openly flamed anyone who didn't play VS. In the end, the dude who I learned the game from ended up being an idiotic tryhard (I don't even like people who use that word, but it fits him so well.) who doesn't play the game because it is fun, but because he feels like he has to.

I don't like to play with people like that.

So, here I am, looking for an Outfit. Let me tell you a little bit about myself:
    • I'm in my 20's, and I drink a lot. I like to play when I drink. I like to drink when I play.
    • I am a nice enough guy (you can tell, because I don't have a girlfriend :p), and I try not to get under anyone's skin.
    • I have a lot (a lot) of experience in online games, and with games in general. In my short time on this Earth, I have spent roughly one-third of it playing online games, be it MMORPGs (I play World of Warcraft, and played GW2 and GW a bit). I play League of Legends (not so much anymore), and I have played and currently play many many MANY first person shooters on Xbox Live and PSN.
    • I have a lot of experience with online games' social interactions and hierarchies. I put this as a separate bullet point simply to stress that I love team games, and I love having groups of people I can play with. I'm not that dude who plays WoW to farm gold by himself and scorn the "st00p1d n00bs wh0 m4k3 my 0nl1n3 l1f3 s0000 h4rd." I like to think that I am fun and sociable, whether it be in real life, in voice chat, or in-game.
    • I do not think of this game as a be all end all of achievements. This game is for fun. If I lose a point, I am not going to start screaming, "F%$#ING NC OP HAX WAAAAAH." I will laugh, have another drink, and get in a Lightning and storm the base I just lost. I do not like to play with people who do the former. That said, I, just as any other person, can get frustrated while playing a game. It happens. I don't let frustration take me to anger.
    • My screen name/call sign is pronounced "bk-ˌsīt" or "box + tight" minus the first "t." It's a mineral. I am not "Bee fore ewe ecks won tee three." You can call me "Box" for short.
    That's enough about me. Here's what I want in my outfit:
    • Friendly, sociable players who don't whine or scream about video games (too much).
    • A fairly robust player base. I often log in at strange times for a US East server. Over the past week alone, I have been logged into the game at every hour of the day at one point. I like to be able to hop on and see people I know, or at least people from my Outfit to play with.
    • This one is arguably the most important. I was in the military for several years. I know all the lingo, and I find it very cute when people try to use it. I don't care if someone's using it because it's a widely-spread meme. (The classical definition of the word meme, not an Internet meme. Like, "Oscar Mike" for "on the move." Or "copy that" for "I understand.") That's perfectly fine. It means everyone understands, and we're having fun role playing. However, I don't want to be in a group where that is the primary means of communication. There are people who play this free online video game who have never heard and do not understand military lingo and terminology. It leads to miscommunication and a lack of fun. If my life were on the line, those milliseconds saved by using abbreviations would be welcome. If we were communicating over thousands of miles via a garbled satellite connection, I would appreciate the use of the phonetic alphabet. My life is not on the line. We are using state-of-the-art VOIP to communicate. We do not need to pretend we are playing soldier while we are pretending to be soldiers. This is not "**** Your Fantasy."
    And that's it. I'm not asking for too much, I think. here's a tl;dr for ya:
    • I try not to be a jerk.
    • I want you to try not to be a jerk.
    • I like having fun.
    • VS ftw baby
  2. SlayersGhost

i like having fun at a video game myself.Isnt that what gaming is about.Playing and enjoying the game.Getting killed and teamkilled is apart of this game.I do try to find the humor in it when i play.But I am human so at times i get frustrated.But I tend to not and air my frustrations out.And when playing for that day has lost its enjoyment i tend to log off.I have a good group of guys I run with on a daily basis.Most plays daily also.Add me in game or hop on our teamspeak server any time