Let's think of the good times

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Newlife1025, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Newlife1025

As I'm now starting to understand how to play better, I think of how long it's taken for me to do that. The fact that I had to become battle rank 73 before I got gud. Before this game truly made sense. In this day of terrible nerfs and constant complaining, I'd like everyone to remember what you loved about this game. What made you think "this is beautiful" or "that was epic". I'd like everyone to memba the good old days:rolleyes:. Do you memba?
  2. Newlife1025

3. Campagne

Had the most fun back in the beta. When I first taught myself how to use a rifle in PS2 was great fun, as was driving harassers around in the desert, before the great nerf.

This game has given me some good times. :)
  4. AllRoundGoodGuy

Probably the best time I had was in a vanguard. Within 5 minutes, the driver said, "hey, you are a pretty good spotter." 5 minutes after that, we were friends, and 30 minutes later we were 500 (give or take a hundred) certs richer.

Best time ever.
    • Up x 1
  5. FieldMarshall

My most fun moment was probably completing the Engineer directive.
    I was the 13th person on my server to complete it (which i didnt expect) so i guess thats why it felt extra nice and is something i remember.
  6. DIGGSAN0

It is the fact that everywhere you look at you can also getthere... See a mountain? Go there...see a big building? You can fly with valk there...

The open world is truly amazing...and people do often forget that it is a privilege to have.
  7. Eternaloptimist

When I first realised how much I enjoyed using carbines (learned to hip fire and busrt fire accurately, that is) and discovered just how versatile engies really are, and not just Mana Turret sniper/tank bait.

When I started to play medic as a combat class with additional healing and rezzing ability, rather than just as a care bear (and why did it take me so long to cert into rezz 'nades???).

When I finally learned how to use the stalker shield intelligently and discovered just how amazingly annoying I could be as a stalker infil (and how much of a cert farm hacking is).

And I am still learnign how to enjoy the game more after two years............started liking LA after watching Iridar51s tutorial videos and it is just getting better now with Rocklet and flying CoF for carbine (still not too good with C4 though).

I'm even finding a use for shotguns..............................
  8. FateJH

[IMG]
    Have I gone too far back for some of you?
    • Up x 2
  9. Newlife1025

What is that?
  10. Khrin

All my good memories are from PS1. PS2 just wishes :p

My main 'wow' moments in ps2 pretty much all stem from the graphics. I still think biocrabs look dang kewl, even if they're hidious hellholes :p

...those esamir sunrises though
  11. Liewec123

before continents passively locked every 30 minutes due to minecraftside XD
    if i could pick a time period to go back to it would be the year before "OMFG",
    which was after Striker and ZoE's reigns of terror had come to an end and there was nothing really OP,
    plus the game looked amazing. :)
    • Up x 1
  12. LaughingDead

That's the game I signed up for, what happened?
    • Up x 2
  13. DirArtillerySupport

This exactly this! Pre-OMFG patches...driving around and looking at the pretty textures and thinking...this can only get better.
  14. customer548

In 2013, everything was crazy.
    The balance was a crazy one. The massive Infantry fights were everywhere (no sh...y Lattice). The Roadmap was full of new stuff and of great projects. Devs were communicating a lot like "We're here to entertain you, look at the cool stuff incoming. Join us, noobs !!". We had to dodge a rain of bullets and HE rounds in towers. The landscapes were way more beautiful than they are now. Infis could tank 3 opponents at the same time (before Nano nerf). The Crown fights were 24 or 48 hours long before being able to capture it.. And everybody was happy, no whine...Good old days ^^
    • Up x 2
  15. Armcross

I love BFRs, see them explode, by me. Driving my Moruder, good times.
  16. Fishpoke

As much of a mess the game engine was around launch (whack-a-mole rendering optimization) it was 1000x more fun in those first 6 months where the development team was active and engaged and enjoying what they were doing. Then they got shifted to something else and game is steadily going downhill since. Its gonna be dead in 2 years.
    • Up x 1
  17. johnway

When this game came out, it was definitively at its finest. Everyone was on a more equal footing with everyone as noobs it was a straight up brutal fire fight. People resorted to tactics, organised outfits! no G2A farming!, fights everywhere!, carnage!, Desperate banzai charges!, Do or Die hold the line moves!

Fun times.
  18. DirArtillerySupport

So what ruined the fun times? We learned to not to get killed? Or they learned that we learned that we learned so they learned us? I played PS1 for over 10 years and I never stopped learning. I stopped learning this game about a week into beta. They created this thing painting by numbers and the only thing holding it together is the paint and a bunch of rusty parts from the old game.
  19. RainbowDash9

I miss the original fights that took days to finish, and the mighty 3 ways at the crown. but i still enjoy the game, regardless of what happens balance wise. i just play the game.
  20. Ziggurat8

PS4. First time I fired it up and saw foliage and shadows and a smoke grenade didn't put me @3fps and I didn't have to/couldn't turn off smoke.

There are still some good time moments but I still look forward to logging in.

PS4, no construction, still has thermals, no hornet nerf, shotguns still 1HK.

This could be my remember those days moment if the changes come to PS4. I am hoping they don't. Ooo remember when they tested changes before implementing them? No? Guess what PC is doing for PS4 right this very second!

All you PC master race gotta play planetside2 on PC to get the full experience. Guess what? PS4 currently has the best version of planetside2. No doubt. It's still free 2 play. If you have a PS4 come check it out.