Let's talk servers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 18, 2014.

1. imagica

I don`t care do you like them or not. I am saying that your number is too high cause they have less than 15% of the total Miller population.
  2. Jaloro

Everyone hates on KOTV but simple maths tells you that the zergfit idiocy you hear is just that.

I just logged tonight, VS won the alert, pops at the start were roughly level, pops at the end were level between NC and VS with TR about 4 or 5 percent behind. The VS cannot just be zerging around if pops are equal otherwise the other factions could do the same. You simply cannot be everywhere at once with more numbers than the other factions. So there must be something else that's going on that explains the total dominance.

Oh thats right, KOTV prevents the VS from being total dip****s. We won the alert because we took Mekala at the last minute. Ten minutes before the end NC held Mekala and pops on Amerish were equal. NC and VS had 3 bases each and it looked for all the world like a draw. So why the win? KOTV and the other VS outfits got most if not all of the VS to Mekala to take it. Meanwhile, NC circle jerked with TR over an Amp station in a Tech alert. They lost due to a total inability to read a map, anticipate an attack or to respond quickly enough in numbers. Basically they were strategically outplayed mucking around at an inconsequential base while the organised faction stole the win right from under them.

Of course, it wasn't their fault they lost. It was no skill KOTV zerging all over Mekala again.

Its pretty unfair to try and belittle KOTV suggesting they only win because of numbers. They never get the chance to prove they could win without that advantage because NC and TR are so totally incompetent they cannot marshal their own numbers to be in the right place to stop it.

So they resort to the kind of whining you see in this thread.
  3. RyanGUK

Sorry for not surveying the demographic. I'll be sure to be more accurate in my assumptions in the future.
  4. Prudentia

wrong, only one explodes. The other one dies 10seconds later when it rams an ESF with Fullhealth. and gets instagibbed by the f*cking Debris
    I have the same thing going on with Shintyx on Miller (the biggest plankton farmer in the world, check the galaxy bulldog stats on DasAnfall)
    i we even fly in eachothers Gals. Though we established on first contact that we woud never hug each other. he still did it q.q
    • Up x 1
  5. bodmans

I only have major experience with Ceres, most on TR and VS, a bit on NC.

First off, politics. described in two words: internal drama.(may be because almost every regular knows almost every other regular)

Second, randoms... on all factions they're oblivious to anything that may be of use for the fight. Recent example: spawn at a burning sundie, walk past enemy LA, get killed. --> repeat. Or standing next to a burning sundie with seemingly the question ''how do I shot web?''...

NC has had most pop for at least a month now, and can mostly be found in 48+ fights, if not against much smaller forces at times...(also, ever since we got this message stating that a faction capped a continent, they let it slip and recapture it every 5 mins to boost their ego's). Have got some good outfits, but some of the people in them are... you could say toxic, but thats too much. overall good organisation, tho a bit zergy at times.

TR has a large variety of outfits, some are decent, some are good. At times there's excellent inter-outfit communication.

VS... is a mess. there's 2-3 huge randomfits inviting everything that doesnt have a tag, their numbers are in the thousands, which, given the primetime pop of ceres being around 2500, is an indicator of what kind of impact they have on the VS. There's some decent, and maybe a few good outfits. But there's few, if any, inter-outfit communication. Still they do decent enough.

In my experience it ain't that bad, but ofc I haven't seen everything.(tho I have had the least experience with NC on Ceres)

no good outfits or they're german? You haven't seen much then...

That was most likely TheInvisibleMan. he almost literally does nothing else. Can be fun to hang around with. made an imposter outfot of DORA(most controversial outfit 2013) with the tag D0RA.
  6. MrMurdok

Well, us Cer..Ehm, I mean Syrup boys have [BKNE] on the NC side, they come with good intentions, but just don't follow through. For example, I saw a video, about 9 months ago about how [DVS] just drove up with about 20 Sunderers to the VS Warpgate, deployed one in the backlines, and just camped their gate, at primetime, with lock on launchers and Basilisks.

Our [BKNE] tries to do this every day, they just seem to forget a key element in the whole gate camping scheme-

YOU NEED TO SHOOT THE BAD GUYS.
    • Up x 2
  7. ValorousBob

You've clearly never seen your teammates react to fighting UBAD, we have a whole thread of nothing but rage /tells...

EVE players being *****? Least surprising thing in this decade.

(myself being an EVE bittervet)
  8. ValorousBob

Can't edit my last post for some reason so...

Lord Mondando's mostly been trolling (that's my job you *****!) and none of the other Miller leaders have posted. I played on US East during beta (played with NNG a few times, sup guys) and made my first character on Mattherson. My main ended up being EuroBob on Miller, and I sometimes play on Waterson. These are all Vanu characters.

I'll start out by saying I like all three factions on Miller and all the Miller leaders I know get along with/like each other.

Miller VS inherited the PS1 Vanu vets from Werner, and with them TVA - The Vanu Accord. Every major (and almost every minor) Vanu outfit is either a full member or at least coordinates with us on the TVA team speak server. [VC] Stanis knows more about the stats, but TVA represents a few thousand players IIRC. Unfortunately the lack of content has caused a ton of TVA players to go inactive. We're always fairly organized, sometimes highly organized and absolutely rofl-stomping everything, but also always trying to do better. Our faction as a whole get's along really well and there's been virtually no drama among VS players or outfits.

My only complaint would be that there's not enough contact/communication with the public/non-TVA players. On the other hand, this is partly the fault of the public players. I've tried a ton of different outreach tactics, but there seem to be a lot of VS players on Miller who have zero interest in teamplay and don't even want to be talked to. I think part of the problem is I'm not only an American, I'm even pretty vocal/obnoxious for American standards. I frequently hear the stereotype that Americans will talk to anyone and Europeans are more shy. Comparing Miller to American servers absolutely confirms this. Prox and region chat are rarely used. On the other hand, everyone is super friendly once you end up in their squad or their TS channel. If no one from your outfit is online you can ask essentially any TVA outfit and they'll send you a squad/platoon invite. It's an odd contradiction for sure.

Miller VS also take pride in our ~Science Division~ which is constantly creating "innovative" tactics in the fight for purple space jesus.

Miller TR are similar to VS in that they inherited the TR Werner vets, but they didn't have a meta-organization or alliance. In general they work together decently well, but it's really situational. They were a major pain in the *** for the long period when they were massively over-popped. Their first alliance was TRAM, formed early in PS2's life and included almost every TR outfit. TRAM earned the nickname TR After Midnight by removing a VS Indar lock that had lasted for months with a late night raid. They claim it wasn't planned, but myself and a few other American UBADs saw the TR population jump to something like 70% in a short window of time. Miller seemed to have the most server-breaking-lagfests because of the precious Indar lock. It started with a VS hold at Scarred Mesa, then a TR hold at Spec Ops Training Camp, then another VS hold at Camp Connery I believe. Honestly there was a lot of soul-crushing-lag-cluster-***** so I don't remember exactly.

Unfortunately for them, TR have the most faction drama on Miller. I dunno wtf they're smoking over there but it's not a peace pipe. TRAM disbanded because of bickering, then a few outfits formed a small group for simple communication called TRC, and now they've formed TRAC. TRAC stands for TR Alarm Clocks as far as I'm concerned. Then of course there's RobinHuijbregts1, or Robinhugebreasts as some TR and VS like to call him. He's a 15 year old who runs a massive zergf- err I mean the best TR outfit on Miller! You should totally go join them! He's pissed off virtually everyone on TR while providing endless entertainment for the VS and NC. In general TR seem to be the easiest faction on Miller to troll, but it's really just a small group of special snowflakes. As a whole they're a group of chill, skilled players. Several TR players have the password to the TVA comms server and like to come talk **** after Alerts.

The Miller NC are more of an enigma to me. I don't know as many of their players and they're don't have many vocal leaders besides Mondando, who you might have seen posting in this thread. They have a few good leaders (especially from [DL] ) who've put in a lot of effort to coordinate the NC, but a lot of the other outfits seemed to drag their feet. They have some of the NC Werner vets, but not as many as TR/VS. Their alliance is the NCTO - New Conglomerate Treaty Organization and they've managed to keep it together through some drama **** that I frankly know very little about. Apparently they had set up the alliance with weekly rotations of one person/outfit being in charge of the others, and people got ********. Regardless, they held the alliance together so they deserve credit for that. They have an effective air wing which the TVA air wing goes toe to toe with fairly often. Air supremacy on Miller is usually held by NC or VS. For some reason there's always been a big rivalry between VS and TR, while NC rarely seems to be involved. My only guess is it's because NC has less vocal players, as I mentioned earlier. As with TR, NC in general are a chill group of people and we get along with the NC leaders well. I can always count on the NC to help me troll TR with ATRA spam or with SCEV recruitment shenanigans. With a few exceptions, the established NC players don't rage as much.

Miller as a whole also has some drama between the fairly elitist pilots (myself included) and the "landcrabs" as one pilot (iMusic iirc) called them. There was a pretty lulzy thread on r/MillerPlanetside about Scrub2Air missiles.

Sorry for the wall of text, but a lot of people commented on Miller without actuall going in depth. I think I've covered most of the bases for Miller, if I think of anything else I'll update.
    • Up x 2
  9. IPLAYTF2

mattherson has higher amount of good players and outfits but connery has way more population and fights so i mostly play on connery now.
    • Up x 1
  10. NeonNoodle

I've played on Heliodinery mainly since January, and it's hard to dispute some of the criticisms of the server and it's population. I also play VS on Mattherson. Maybe I've been lucky, but I'm always running with friendly organized groups on Mattherson. You seem to get heals, ammo, and support without even asking...but it's missing a special kind of spice. In fact it's bland to the point of boring. Connery on the other hand has flavor in spades. It's like the wild west, I love it.
  11. Pikachu

TheInvisibleMan is playing Soviet national anthem on Ceres right now. :D
  12. Robyn

He also played for some time NC Ceres 96 percent loading screen TK on Indar in the Warpgate :)
  13. AssaultPig

waterson is okay I guess. There are a lot of good pilots and that makes it frustrating to learn to fly, but I guess too many good players isn't a bad problem to have.

I wish I could transfer to connery though; I'm on the west coast and all my east coast buddies quit playing
  14. LordMondando

team mates being NC or WASP, because thats a no-no in WERUPS.

Also FYI DL is dead, after months of the larger gaming community doing bugger all to support us (and occasionally a bit to hinder), Emitz went to MCY, I went to WASP, most DL are in WASP now.
  15. LordMondando

I've not merely been trolling. There is truth in my words.

Are there no good outfits anywhere but Miller, of course not. Is the general level of decorum noticably higher on Miller than elsewhere yes.

Also it is one of the things on Miller, NC and TR mostly fight each other, VS due to underpop doesn't have a huge amount of interaction with us. This is changing however.

The only lengthy drama we've had since the Karma saga was a couple of edwardofits breaking up, the most recent of which being FWO exploding.
  16. ValorousBob

Wait what happened with Karma?? And what about FWO? They appeared pretty suddenly so I guess I'm not surprised they disappeared suddenly too.
  17. Lord_Avatar

Ah... [BKNE] - the joy of my life. Free certs for everyone. :D
  18. BaptistsK90

The Karma Saga was when Conz Declared War on WASP, it lasted 2-3 months, now we're best of friends, there is a lot of vocal leaders on NC, it's honestly a great community.
  19. MorganM

NC dominated the first round. Barely won the second. VS won the third. I was quite amazed how the VS won the third round because it wasn't due to epic clashing of titans in massive battles. It was classic tortise and hare. While NC and TR sprinted around grabing bases on particular continents around and during primetime.... VS quietly held tons of bases that nobody seemed to really care about for long periods of time. They were vigilant in reclaming bases that were flipped and not defended where as the big NC and TR groups couldn't be bothered to defend anything they took; they were too busy zerging over to the next big ticket WDS point site or pushing down a lane or two.
  20. SuperMedicated

Connery: extremely high tk'ing,NC outfits that let random's play in their squads (I like more the ADK folks, though others are also awesome) and are fun to fight alongside, most of the time the NC folks do what you tell them to do, even if you don't have anything with them, non-offensive provocation and sometimes fun trolling, I have a br 17 there, everyone is friendly