Let's talk servers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Tiedemann

I've only got 11 hours or so on Woodman now (TR) and they remind of TRID on Cobalt. Some of them are good but it seems to be about outnumbering the enemy most of the time.

I like that there seem to be a lot more Amerish action than on Cobalt.
  2. Meliorist

Cobalt is nice enough. I haven't actually tried any other servers so I don't have much to compare to. Usually pretty easy going with the occasional intense fight.
    I will say I rarely really see familiar names. Feels like dedicated skilled players are far and few between.
  3. IamDH

I find [IP] more skilled than KoTV by loads. My only (recent) problem with IP is getting 5-6 scythes and moving in a pack.
  4. ToothpasteEater

Glorious Miller master race! Only on Miller you can brag about how many times you were killed by/killed Daddy. Just go and look at outfit recruitment page, majority of active players are in organized outfits, from time to time one can see cross-outfit cooperation and all that sweet stuff.Also, there're lot's of PS1 vets in here. But all the cool stuff happens during prime time, if you're to come and play at the weekend you won't see anything special: zerglins running on foot/pulling flashes instead of sunderer AMSs, incompetent SLs/PLs, rare squads and other depressing things. Overall, everything is great on EU servers until you realize that not everyone can speak english. Generic pub has no idea of your strategical plans, enemy sundy on the north, that crowd on infantry below you while he's gunning your zepher because he turns out to french/spanish/german/whatever with minimal/nonexistent level of english. While zerglins on US/AU servers can consciously ignore you, large portion of EU players doesn't even understand you.
  5. Tiedemann

They kill me a lot more than KoTV but I tend to stay away from zergs and the biggest battles. Maybe they're jumping around to cap/defend whatever base they think is fun like me and Ribero do on Cobalt cause I tend to bump into them in all kind of fights.
  6. JaL

The zerg is the unguided, impulse following, solo players in the middle of the map, who just spawn die spawn die cause FIGHT HERE YO.
    This is the exact opposite of KOTV.
    KOTV runs public platoons during alerts, but they're tightly controlled and coordinated from above.
    KOTV invites everybody, but filters out those who don't follow orders.
    So no, not a "zergfit". Just 5x more succesful at getting active players. Funny how this always comes from opponents...
  7. Negator

Zerg is defined by how it's controlled, not whether its controlled.
  8. NC_agent00kevin

The only Outfits you really have to watch out for on Waterson are:

TR: NUC

VS: ZAPS

NC: TIW

These are Outfits that are mid sized but pack a big punch; not Outfits that are huge and throw numbers at battles - which are appreciated just as much. These three Outfits typically engage the enemy in whatever aspect of the game they need to - be it flight, armor, or digging in as Infantry.

There are other Outfits that were good in the past but have become watered down or lost many of their key players. Some are too small to make a big difference in the overall scale of things, but can really wreak havoc on smaller aspects of the game. Some focus on certain aspects of gameplay and excel at them, but you almost never see them in force participating in other aspects of gameplay. For that reason, they have not been mentioned. I mean no disrespect to any of them.
  9. Kuggan

I accuse KOTV of ruining alerts and making Vanu win.
    • Up x 1
  10. jaktrobot

I play on all servers eu and us, and Cobalt is the best by far.

I dont get why all eu player says Miller got the most skilled players, its not true, cobalt got way better and skilled players.
    Best competition during alerts also.

What i noticed its way easier to get kills on us servers ppl run around like headless chickens, skill lvl is a way lower compared to eu servers, atleast to cobalt.
  11. Saint of Grey

I'm not sure why I picked Connery, considering my ancient rig can't handle 48+ battles. The thing about high population is the effects 4th factioning are a lot more sharply felt. Just log into NC VR training and you'll see a bunch of people huddled around the warp terminal, with dozens of others trying to kill time while they sit in queue for their continent of choice, while TR (and VS, to a lesser extent) can pretty much go anywhere they want, instantly. These people are to thick to realize this, and will gladly sit in queue for forty minutes so they can spawn room camp on indar. (I'm not specifically hating on NC, the VS filled the same role prior to the ZOE nerf.)

Sometimes my friend will grab his NC alt and smoke up VR training for lulz. The best part is, it will go on for hours, even after he's logged off. Those people get bored.
  12. Pikachu

You talk about vanu cobalters now right?
  13. jaktrobot

No why would i talk about vs only? I talk about overall experience.
    Tr got the best pilots in the world, skilled infantry, good tankers. Vs got the best infantry players in the world by far, nc got the best zergs in the world lol
  14. Pikachu

NC has the worst zerg in the world. Its embarrasing how much effort it takes for them to take or defend a base compared to others.
    • Up x 3
  15. Kalendric

From my personal experiences and perspective

Miller

My home server and most active stomping ground as TR. It's like a glorious reincarnation of Werner from the days of PS1 replete with many of the names we came to know, love and loathe alongside various new ones that would've been right at home in ye olde golden days of yore as they had existed. All three factions boast powerful alliances capable of making amazing things happen in terms of glorious large scale warfare. It also feels as if somehow the general level of skill among the player base is slightly higher - I seem to perform far better individually on other servers when I visit than I do on my home ground where I get a new butthole torn with surprising frequency.

Woodman

Occasionally visit to play a spandex clad rainbow sporting Vanu assassin. Server feels completely dominated by Vanu and the KOTV outfit inparticular to the point where it almost feels like the games already been won and there's not really any point playing there. Would like to swap to another faction but damned if I'm leveling up from BR1 again.

Ceres

Home of my "Happy Easy Time Vanguard Shield" NC tank alt. The faction rather feels to be alarmingly low on English language outfits with German and French outfits featured prominently in public squads and not much to choose from if you can't speak those languages. The local TR seem especially keen in hurling themselves to death upon my Scattercannons. I rarely have as much fun playing MAX as I do on my trips to Ceres. I just wish I could get a bit of organized squad play going once in a blue moon.

Waterson

Where I go play when the Millerites go to sleep as Vanu. The faction feels as a whole badly organized and zergish, but that might simply be down to when I play. The existence of NUC feels like a detriment to the server - whenever they show up it really feels like time to give up and log off. Being utterly owned simply isn't fun. Probably what it's like to not play VS on Woodman.
  16. RyanGUK

Bahahaha that video describing Miller has "full of Russians" is spot on. I swear 40% of the server is russian, but we've also got quite a big spanish-speaking lot who you see lurk around, normally in the public squads but there's a few good spanish outfits about as well. I still haven't been killed by Daddy, makes me think I'm either doing something right or doing something wrong.

The NC on Miller can either make me extremely proud of being NC on Miller, or they can make me want to chuck my head in a blender and hit the turboblend button. It's very hit & miss, but the overall server feel is quite unified, we all want whats best for the server and we all want awesome battles during alerts.

Plus command chat isn't so bad?!
    • Up x 1
  17. TheScavenger101

So much hate on KOTV, I don't see them being any worse then myself I don't contribute to the game in the way I'm supposed to, told by many, either. I hexjump to the best farm don't care about capturing bases or anything just killing people to the best of my efforts (which granted might not be good). That's what I find entertaining about the game.

KOTV finds it entertaining to roflstomp bases and play make believe faction politics on reddit. I say let them, the last thing we can do is control how others enjoy the game.
    • Up x 1
  18. imagica

I swear you are wrong.Fear is a great inventor.
  19. RyanGUK

wat. I've no problems with the Russians, just seems there is a hell of a lot of them on at times. They're pretty good players.
  20. MorganM

It's more like someone throwing you in the ocean while yelling "sink or swim noooob!" and then shooting you in the arms and legs.
    • Up x 1