Let's talk servers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 18, 2014.

1. janeTEXAS

2. IamDH

Oh trust me, its far from awesome. I say this as someone who pretty much lonewolfs most of the time as well. Rolling up in immense numbers or cramming lots of MAXes in a single room isnt fun for the receiving end. Sometimes i even wonder if its fun for them, just steamrolling the map.
  3. Jockey79

Now you make me want to try Woodman out
  4. Earthman

The Connery part of that might explain the reaction I got to a recent thread. :confused:
  5. Earthman

One of the worst things in Planetside is waiting for a capture timer, unopposed. So all right I see it now.
    • Up x 2
  6. Ribero

Interesting thread, hope it continues to remain civil.

I'm sure Larolyn, Cougarbrit and Judgedeath will provide interesting opinions on Cobalt, it's nice that they each main on different factions too.

~

From what I've experienced, Cobalt seems like a decent enough server. Apparently there's some talented pilots originating from here, though being a ground player, I really can't say much for that part. There's some great infantry players and some talented tankers.

There seems to be some friendly Outfit rivalries carried over from Lithcorp through the merger, which I imagine makes for some more "passionate" fights.

/yell can get pretty sour at times, but there's often compliments and congratulations in there too.

There's a mix of large outfits and smaller ones. Obviously with it being an EU server, there are many outfits which centre around languages or nationalities, on the NC side they don't have any issue communicating and co-operating with each other though. It's nice.

Each faction has a rather large "alliance" I think, though I don't pay particularly much attention to this. I imagine this can make for some interesting play though.

Most fights tend to take place on Indar, with Amerish being a ghost town outside of Ops and Alerts. During primetimes (I believe that is 8pm GMT) Esamir can see considerable action too.

Each faction seems to really enjoy MBT play, judging from how present they are in battles.
  7. HadesR

Wouldn't happen to have the initials LLL would it ? :p
  8. Earthman

YES!

You know exactly who I am talking about!

Please tell me I wasn't the only VS (when I was on my VS) to try to TK "her" a few times in the hopes of slowing down the machine gun of stupid words.
  9. Earthman

Oh wait, the initials were LLG. Oops.
  10. uhlan

Wow, it's amazing how many opinions there are regarding servers.

Waterson:

Good server, decent outfits and moderate gameplay based on the fact that there a lot of "noobs" that choose this server. Not that this is bad, but it seems to a training server if you get my drift.

The general population seems polite.

Matherson:

Near complete opposite of Waterson. The one redeeming feature is that there are some VERY competant outfits roaming Auraxis.

Miller:

Good general experience. Lots of decent folks (lots of Canadians!? lol) who go out of their way to help out by multi-tasking. Not much discussion as I assume not everyone speaks english... so I get lonely *cry*.

Connery:

Loud, loud, loud... Robotic player base, sprinkled with a smattering of really cool people. Has more than its fair share of "suspicious" characters and TKers though.
  11. Schwak

Mattherson infantry = feels like everyone is using some sort of cheat
    • Up x 3
  12. Cinnamon

PS2 has a goldilocks population where it isn't so packed and chaotic that you want to murder kittens but not so empty you are always in near empty bases.
  13. HadesR

Yeah my bad .. Accidentally gave them more maturity than they deserved :)
  14. Earthman

You sure have seen a lot of servers. And for some crazy reason now I'm tempted to visit each and every one of them, for varying reasons. From the "noob spotting" in Waterson to the meat grinder I'd walk into on Matherson, to Miller's apparent pleasantness.

I've probably had enough Connery for a long time. A shame my forum name ties into my Connery character name. For the uglier side of game communities, that's an open invitation to dispute any and all opinion, based on how I shoot pretend space guns. :rolleyes:
  15. Taemien

Doesn't change what I've see and experienced. Applies to many MMOs as well. Typically you don't see vast differences except when populations are smaller (which I pointed out). Or there is Blue, Red, and RP servers (which PS2 has none of).

Point is, if the populations were 33/33/33 across the board and all servers were medium, you wouldn't see much difference. Admittedly this is a theory, but I don't see anything refuting that.
  16. Earthman

Nor do I see confirmation of your "theory" and actually I see contrary evidence right here in this thread. ;)
  17. dstock

"Well, Timmy, when two whales love each other very much, they SMASH INTO EACH OTHER AND EXPLODE."

I only saw the whales mating once, but it was truly a sight to see. Hopefully I can relive that majesty before I die...
    • Up x 2
  18. IamDH

If you're VS you might like it. I've never really been to their "side" on Woodman but they claim they use tactics. I dont see what tactic involves outnumbering the opponent.

Just to make this clear i dont have anything against anyone from KoTV but this is how i really feel they play. They can play how they want and i cant really judge them for that sooo... good job KoTV.
  19. Cswic

But me and Augr are buddies and don't fight <.>

Any other galaxy, with a few exceptions, is considered a merchant vessel and thus fair game to be pirated.
    • Up x 2
  20. Umrtvovacz

Lets talk Woodman:

VS: the KOTV master race, the outfit that contains over 70% of all Vanu (maybe oven over 80%). Usually seen in fights in numbers of 150+, their strategy lays in zerging and turning even fights into 75/25 farmfests. They are proud of their strategic abilities; have no strategic abilities except for zerging. More than 95% of all alerts on Woodman are won by Vanu due to KOTV. (Last week was first alert in weeks which wasn't won by VANU, only one, and now the win streak of Vanu continues.)
    Other Vanu outfits on Woodman are totally overshadowed by KOTV; I know there are some, but I can't recall any of them.
    Vanu on Woodman love to boast their "skills" in defeating NC and TR, when they had 70%+ pop in a fight due to KOTV. They don't whine a lot, because they win a lot, so instead they boast a lot (especially when undeserved).

NC: GODS and ORBS, they are zergfits on a different level. They are slow, dum, tunnel visioned while being zergy and numerous, but not as numerous as KOTV. Rarely manage to push, hold or win anything that wouldn't be won without them. They would like to be the KOTV of NC, but they are just much worse at everything than KOTV, and KOTV is only good due to numbers in the first place. ORBS are GODS who were not happy about GODS leadership, so they created a different outfit; they are exactly the same as GODS.
    The few good NC outfits like FHM and FFS and RBR just don't have the numbers to fight neither KOTV nor GODS/ORBS (the most deaths you will get as NC are teamkills from GODS/ORBS)
    NC on Woodman love to complain about KOTV, about TR not attacking Vanu, and whine how underpowered their weapons are, and accuse TR of ruining alerts and making Vanu win. NC who are not GODS/ORBS complain about GODS/ORBS a lot.

TR: really kinda average, they don't win alerts, but neither do NC, they like to fight NC but NC likes to fight TR too (just to get away from KOTV). I can't recall any outfits on TR side, but there ARE some good ones of smaller/medium size. TR definitely whine most out of all factions in general. Like NC, they complain about KOTV, boast about their "skill" in defeating NC in even fights when the NC side was mostly GODS/ORBS zergs, and accuse NC of ruining alerts and making Vanu win.

On a different note, I have a Vanu alt on Ceres, and when I logged in one day, there was a dance party in the warpgate, full with music in proximity chat, people jumping/dancing around, throwing flashes, shooting Lashers etc., making whole light show...
    It was hilarious.