Let's talk servers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Taemien

I've played a little bit on other servers. Not definitively enough to make a super accurate comparison, but the results that I have seen are enough to make me come to the conclusion:

NA/EU/AU (and I'm lumping them together because its all mostly the same with very slight but unique differences, my description of those cultures will remain undisclosed as it is beyond the scope of this thread, forum, and website... in otherwords it would lead to a nasty flamefest that would result in thread lock, warned accounts and other nasty administrative action, just from the responses I would get lol) gaming culture is the same on every server and every faction.

Basically the grass isn't greener. You might see an illusion of a better community on smaller servers because they are close knit. But this a symptom of less anonymity than anything else. Put the numbers on there and the ones holding in their asshattery will let it loose.

Each server on each faction will have 1-2 or more zerg fits who invite every non-outfit member they see, a smattering of invite only serious outfits, and a good number of casual outfits that invite people who ask to join, but they ask first, and of course those vary in size. The latter is alot like the zergfit except that everyone kinda knows everyone a little better.

How platoons and squads are setup are more complex. But in reality its not much different from faction to faction. Or server to server.
  2. Pikachu

I think we would all like to have the population of Connery. :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Earthman

Please believe me when I say you wouldn't want ALL of the population of Connery. Can't name names, but one guy on VS is so bad that VS /yell chat is full of people saying "SHUT UP" or "IGNORED" to him. And he's on their faction.
  4. Earthman

Well, since you don't want to discuss outfits there, how about overall battle flow, from pick up squads and territorial control, /region and /orders and /yell alike?
  5. Predator01cz

Well you know those 48+v48+ fights except the enemy still has 70% pop in hex???

That's what fighting KOTV is like... According to them they are the masters of tactic.

Can't deny that Ultrazerging is actually effective tactic

On topic: Woodman
    VS: KOTV zergstomps everything. There is no such thing as good fight with VS, there's either nobody to fight, or 150 people to roflstomp you.

TR: None of their Outfits left a strong impression, but they have an omnipresent Mosquito Outfit to ruin your day.
    They're alright, put up good fights and make the game enjoyable.

NC: Pathetic.. Except for 2-3 good outfits that stand out and try to coordinate the game, but still even combined are still outnumbered by KOTV Zerg Steamroller.
  6. Pikachu

I
    I obviously mean population level.
  7. Ganelon

They signed up for Community Clash season 1.

Can't ******* wait.
    • Up x 2
  8. jiggu

Pretty much, the tactical skill of Orks at least.
  9. Lueyja2

Waterson - probably the worst place to learn how to fly, between PREY, TIW, HSTL, NUC, and from what I hear ZAPS. It's a regular occurrence to see NC dominating the air over a VS/TR fight and vice versa.
  10. Earthman

Or the best place, if you believe in the sink-or-swim thing, it sounds like.
  11. Rogueghost

I've spent time on 4 servers so far, my general input.

Connery, my home server, yell chat is often times toxic, its massive pop is very nice, making decent fights possible even in the wee hours of the night. I also feel that because its the highest pop server its a little bit better maintained than the other American servers, if we ignore the fact it was down for a two full days.

Matherson, has to be one of the most toxic servers I've played on, BCP and all the EVE corps making their home here has had a lasting impact.

Waterson, home of one of my NC alts and I played on it while Connery was down, pop leaves a lot to be desired, has a large variety in outfits.

Ceres- Made a character on this server regarding Eathman's other thread, I've noticed vehicles were much more wildly used here than on any other server I've played on, it being an EU server lead to high latency which caused a whole list of problems for me.
  12. Earthman

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice the vehicle rushes on Ceres, where it seems almost everyone on the ground is lining up to get one. Not a bad thing, quite fun actually.

It helps to have someone else notice the same thing, because my K/D ratio and the like is too woefully small for my opinion to have validity ;)
  13. Taemien

I did discuss outfits. And everything else.

Its all the same. Server to Server. Faction to Faction.

I was pretty sure I was clear about that.
  14. Earthman

I disagree, and I think a few posters here with the content they offered, also disagree.

But that's fine.
  15. Rogueghost

Most people don't care much about other player's stats, sure there are some that do use it in their arguments, but its little more than a perfect example of Ad Hominem.

The only time I would use stats in an argument is if Player 1 is complaining about weapon X being underpowered but only having 5% accuracy with weapon X, and even that isn't the best way to prove an argument, but its the only situation where its somewhat acceptable.
  16. Earthman

Not just here but in many games, especially PVP ones, statistics are used to predict and prejudge everything from validity of opinion to the personal life and quality thereof of the person in question.

It's good that some people don't take it that far. It's one of the ugliest sides of gamer culture.
  17. IamDH

The third faction on Woodman. Its TR/NC/KOTV
    • Up x 2
  18. Negator

yeah, dont let those nasty facts get in the way of your fun
  19. Earthman

Oh man. So they're roughly a majority of VS?

Dare I say that sounds reasonably awesome.
  20. Dead soldier

Waterson: NUC dominating the ground... ZAPS trolling everything and sometimes farming everything, THe occasional cswic skywhaling everything, and PREY dominating the skies unless cswic is around then augr and cswic will have an epic whale battle.
    • Up x 3