[Suggestion] Let's talk about Defector

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EWanderer, Feb 12, 2023.

1. EWanderer

So the Defector,
    a great chassis. Love it every bit, be it seraph bubbling or time bombing people to death. Here are some points that are a bit bugging me though:
    • While the Humming Bird is an amazing weapon, it's lock on makes it not very useful against stealthers (especially ground farmers). The normal MAX can get FLAK weapons. Since Defector is all about printing stuff, I was thinking maybe give the D11 detonater an ammo variant, that removes explosive yield on the ground, but adds flak detonation near enemy aircrafts.
    • In general, I feel like the lack customisation options on Defector weapons a bit disheartening. Where is the flame grenade, disruptor or something like a flash bang variant, each trading something like ammo capacity or damage for some ******** effect.
    • Finally lets talk suits abilities. The defensive and utility capabilities are very nicely covered. But either as something to be tagged into the lauchners or as a suit ability, I would love to see some way to play around the ammo printer general behaviour. Something like: CD begins immediately after fireing, but maxing out heat takes twice as long to recover. Mini Grenades where the "magazine size" is doubled or trippled but the damage is adjusted to leave overall DPS untouched. Just imagine a barrage of long range grenades terrifying infantry charge to scatter for the hills. A self propelling grenade (straight fast projectile) without any AoE damage. As I said, no idea if this should be a suit slot or something to be stuck into the launchers themselves.
    • More of an optional, very subjective personal oppinion: Integration into NS vehicles. Unlike the MAX an Defector is a much slender built machine and uses a similiar design to other NSO. The chimera (about a want to make a seperate post someday), has the neat feature to allow other people to be seated. Defectors should be able to ride on them (not as a gunner or driver). Doing so should slow the Chimera down and make it harder to handle.