Let's take a moment to acknowledge...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, Oct 19, 2019.

1. TRspy007

I don't say this often, but it's important to recognize when the devs are doing something right. Granted, it's not as often as we'd like, and there's still a million things that need improvement, but I'd like to take an instant to congratulate the devs so far.

After the lay-offs, I was a bit worried. I wasn't sure if they were repeating what had happened before, or if they had finally decided to put Planetside 2 in maintenance mode. Better late then never I guess, we got our explanation from the devs.

It seems like a really positive future for the Planetside franchise, I really hope that Planetside 3 is just a polished, well advertised Planetside 2 with more modern graphics, but that's another discussion, lol.

I like to see these dev letters, it makes me feel like the devs are aware of the community, and it promises some pretty exciting stuff (I'm skeptical on how it's going to be implemented, but hey, surprise me!) In addition to some communication, we also saw some much requested changes, (lib nerf, a fun looking halloween event), and some pretty good faction specific additions. Honestly, after 7 years, we get some different effects for frag grenades - I can finally tell whether a friendly frag or an enemy frag blew half my health away!

Add that to the faction specific weapons, I have to say I am pretty surprised of where the game is heading. It's nice to see that apparently they haven't given up on us, and we shouldn't give up on them either. Idk about the rest of you, but I think we should congratulate the devs for this first step in the right direction, hopefully they follow through and start making more and more radical changes in the right direction for a positive end of the year.
    • Up x 2