lets play a fun little game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GSZenith, Sep 23, 2013.

1. GSZenith

How many fire through shield exploiters can you catch in 1hour? :D
    currently on 4 lightnings 2lolpoddser 2 mbt.

also lets play how many months before they get banned :D
    0 so far.
  2. IamDH

Barely ran into it tbh.

First one i saw was today
  3. uhlan

While I get just as irritated as anyone about this, is it really an exploit if the developers refuse to offer a suitable fix?

I'm begining to wonder...
    • Up x 2
  4. GSZenith

well current best way is to 4th faction get a ap lightning trial deci and just tk the ****ers.

oh well, btw add 1 bulldog sundy as well now, brb need to pull a ap van.
  5. MajiinBuu

I actually like the explosions through shields bug. As a medic with full flak armor I'm making certs off of my fallen comrades :)
    • Up x 1
  6. Mr_Giggles

I like it too. Normally I take full advantage of spawnroom camping mechanics because it makes people angry when I kill them because they stand in front of the shield, but this makes the campers even angrier and it brings out the little Emperor Palpatine in me.
    • Up x 1
  7. KenDelta

0 , I run out of the spawndoors in 10secs.
  8. Liewec123

and daltons shooting the floor to splash damage everyone inside...
  9. Tommyp2006

I don't stick around spawn rooms long enough to find out.
    • Up x 2
  10. Qraven

The problem is, you're assuming everyone doing it, are doing so solely based on malicious behavior.

Right now shields are more broken than before in regards to AOE bleed through, and there isn't really anything the community can do about it. Prior to their current state, it was common place to shell the doorway to get any opponents attempting to make a run for it. Now, doing the same "innocent" action is considered exploiting by many.

So, instead of focusing on the players that you would call exploiters for the sake of your own frustration, why don't you tell everyone what you expect the community to do, to prevent it?

1. No shooting, shelling, rocketing, grenadeing, or insulting anyone on the outside of the shield room... who are still within 10m of the shield?
    2. No using weapons, armor, or air that have an AOE damage component to them?

Seriously, I'm very interested on what exactly you believe the solution is here. And, is there honestly any solution that would ever be good enough (outside of a code fix) that would resolve this in its current state?

There are however, several things YOU can do about it when being on the receiving end.

1. Be aware of it and respond accordingly, don't try to get 1 way kills, because you know for a fact that shields are currently 2 way
    2. Redeploy elsewhere
    3. Log off and take a short break
    4. Log onto a character of the same faction as the one shelling the spawn room, and join in
    5. Log onto another character on another server
    6. TK team mates out of frustration... Claim insanity
    7. Drop pod on every tank, sunderer, harrasser, and mine/C4 them before you render to your opponents
    8. Pull a galaxy and ram the frack out of everything, and then fly into your spawn and kill your entire team with AOE dmg
    • Up x 2
  11. Corporate Thug

Base defense is for the weak, obviously! Can't experience spawn room camping when you're at an enemy facility spawn camping them.
  12. HadesR

Just swap to an alt and C4 the vehicles .. It's more punishment than SOE is likely to dish out :p
  13. P4NJ

Or you know, do what we do and spawn 10 AP prowlers from a hacked terminal in the base behind them =P
  14. GSZenith

yes i'm sure the 4 HE lightnings spamming the spawn killing everyone in the north part had noooooooo idea what they are doing :rolleyes:

(soe let me trial 2x c4 please :( )
  15. ShureShot

Players have been doing that exact thing (spamming spawn rooms) since beta. But now all of a sudden they should get banned because SOE messed up the shields?

If there's heavies on the roof locking on to you, your solution is what? Not shoot at them, because your AOE might bleed through?

If you're gonna ask for something, ask for a fix, not to get players banned for doing something as normal as shooting at a spawnroom. You can't prove intent.

Yes it sucks to get killed inside spawnrooms, no the solution is not to ban 500 players every day.
  16. Klondik3

Keep calm and
    Spawn in a back base
  17. GSZenith

well compared to the number of ppl quitting already 500 wouldn't be that much :rolleyes:

and stop defending exploits getting kinda sad :D
    or want me to break the game and shout all the exploits in the game for a week until it becomes total unplayable? ;)
  18. MrMurdok

You mean people stay in spawnrooms? That sounds horrible.
  19. CptFirelord

Up to 2 lolpodders, 1 PPA Harasser, 3 HE Lightnings, and 11 LA/NG with UBGL..

1 ban.
  20. GSZenith

lies! i've never been banned for it while padding my kdr! (marauder take skills you know, 200m away behind a hill clicking while watching something on youtube, mlg ready soon.;))

edit: on topic to ppl that keeps saying feature! this is what happened if you tell how to preform said feature.

[IMG]

oh yeah SoE themselves says exploit :rolleyes:

(also whoever thought the forum was stale did i feed the fire enough or want more?)