Lets End the Nerf Culture.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Villanuk, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ar Sterling

It's comical how transparent it is.
    • Up x 4
  2. gibstorm

It called balancing and you need nerfs and buffs to make it happen
    • Up x 1
  3. NinjaTurtle

I agree things need buffing.

But some things are inherently broken and so OP that they need nerfing. The PPA was stupid. Being able to snipe from 200m away with literally no fear of retaliation whilst raking in easy no skill kills was BS.

The VS know it and it seems all the bad VS players that were using it as a crutch are now upset.
    • Up x 3
  4. SpruceMoose

Buff every ES sniper
    railjack
    trap
    and phaseshift

do it
  5. boey

And what about the Prowlers being able to snipe from like 1 mile away without being in need of a second gunner?
  6. NinjaTurtle

All AP tanks can snipe from distance as a 1/2. Prowlers have it slightly easier because of the double shot in that the first shot can give you a free range finder but all tanks can do it
  7. Goldmonk

We can't really hit from that far out actually. Rendering gets in the way. Like the guy above me said all tanks can do it, we just get the extra shot.
  8. boey

Try to snipe infantry in a magrider from render distance as effective as a lockdown HE Prowler can do it and make a video please. Thank you!
  9. LordTankT9

Buff everything, make future weapons you know FUTURE! So I could stop dreaming about Axes and Maces, because they would be more effective then what we have.
    • Up x 1
  10. Goldmonk

And make a video for me showing the Prowler strafing as effective as a Magrider. Thank you!
    • Up x 3
  11. Pikachu

Restore fury and cut the drop by half and use that as standard for vehicle AI weapons and infantry AV weapons. :)
    • Up x 1
  12. boey

I see 1/2 Prowlers all day every day when fighting against TR, but how come i very rarely see 1/2 Magriders?
  13. LordTankT9

I bet I can annihilate half of Vanu magriders with Fury tank in a single day, because hey - look at that baby's shell velocity!
  14. boey

I'm pretty sure the strafing mechanism of the Magrider is definitely not as frustrating for the enemy as it is getting shelled by a tank sitting on render distance. I mean that have been the main complaints about the PPA right? That it could snipe and farm infantry from several 100 meters away.
  15. Goretzu

You'll never get rid of grass is greener nerf callers, that's just humanity, not MMOs really.
    • Up x 1
  16. JustBoo

I understand this game is two years old, likely older with alpha, beta phases. Right?

I have a question. (Rhetorical I suspect.) Why are they still "balancing," that is nerfing / buffing items, like the game was released yesterday. Hmmm.... If you factor in PS1, it's even weirder. Or I guess the correct term is; far more sad.
    • Up x 1
  17. Villanuk

When people have said Nerf the Orion i stood up for the VS and i have stood up against the Raven being nerfed, im not using faction bias and both that i have mentioned are not game breakers like the PPA. Buddy, we all know the PPA needed calming down, that nerf i can understand although i can understand why the VS would not be happy, but as i keep saying, good is not op.
  18. Vaphell

because people are inventing broken combinations of things all the time, because weapon meta is constantly evolving, because some things are broken only when scaled up above certain critical mass, which makes the issue less obvious, because new toys change the dynamic and things take time to settle, because one OP item might be overshadowing another sidegrade-ish, OP item that is less appealing at a glance and the nerf to the former may cause the switch to the latter, exposing the OPness (saron ppa), because one OP item may completely lock certain niches/playstyles down through a chain of dependencies - for the sake of argument let's assume VS bullethoses are disgustingly OP/UP: nobody will ever find that out, if the enemy is brutally trampled by the horde of ZOEs. Or there is no point in talking air/air balance if the striker completely dominates air and makes the question moot.
  19. Villanuk

Indeed thats my point, where will it end? The Orion is a great gun but not OP.
  20. Villanuk

Sorry about the late reply. To be unbiased i chose this one.

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kpu&weapon1=503&weapon2=555&weapon3=554

The TR Mana Turret performs far better than the VS and NC. On paper if this sheet was not about the same turret, it would be a clear NERF call, but its all the same turret, so stats, do they really tell the whole story?
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.