Let us use every reticle pattern for each magnification

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AFK1, Nov 8, 2014.

1. AFK1

For example, I like the 2x red (circle+dot) NS optics. I'd like to be able to use that pattern for other magnifications as well. The red 1x is just a tiny red dot, it's much easier to aim with the circle. Some of the 3.4x and 4x optics use the three chevron pattern which I absolutely hate

Different people have different preferences on stuff like this, so we should be able to choose which ones we want. Certain other first person shooters have been doing this for a long time
    • Up x 4
  2. Tommyp2006

Agreed, and I also agree on your choice of favorite reticule, that's my favorite too.
  3. KnightCole

id love just a red dot on the x2 optics.....no need for those extra lines and stuff.
    • Up x 1
  4. Auzor

Red dot, yellow dot, and why are there no green dots?
    Not "grass green", obviously, neon-green.

Also: tri-chevron is okay-ish IMO for the short-range sniper, but horrible on anything where you're not going to compensate for bullet drop. Even so, the 'black' chevrons where way to thick, and maybe still are ..
    the "1 chevron" sight is.. horrible for me. Where does the round even go?

Crosshairs are an amazing invention.
    Why can't I put them on a 3.4 sight except NC, and why not on the 2x sight?
    Add some small mildots for leading, perfect.
  5. KiakoLalene

Oddly enough, I've become a fan of the T-reticle.
  6. Prudentia

theres a neon-green triangle.
    VS specific IIRC
    (it's the only one i use)
  7. Rogueghost

I wish there was just a simple red dot for the 2x reflexes.
  8. ronjahn

Instead of the Quality of Life change that players have been asking for a really long time, SOE took the opportunity to bleed a few more SC out of the players instead.

Couldn't changing the reticle and color of the reticle be a setting in the graphics menu instead of something we have to spend SC or certs on? Ridiculous if you ask me.

And this is the reason I refuse to play TR. If I was able to change the prowler UI and crosshairs to anything but red(yellow,blue,white, all work for me) I would play TR more frequently. But since a slight color blindness makes me unable to even see the red TR UI while in a prowler against most backgrounds, I refuse to play TR anymore.

I was super excited about those patch notes until I open the game and realize they just added in another cash cow with very few customization options.
  9. BarxBaron

Yeah. It seems like a huge oversight IMO.

I mean sure...faction colors, blah blah blah. But give me a break ;p

We need UI color options on all facs.