Let us talk serious here(FPS Gameplay)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sapare, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Sapare

Am I just going insane or does it seem like it feel like it had a major change with the last patch?
    I read that they planned to lessen the impact on lagging and related problems, but I just feel like it changed, not that it really got better.

I for one am doing terrible since the update and I want to know what to blame for it. It isnt just that I lag less and as such die more, but I can't reliably hit anyone and it feels like everyones aim increased while mine decreased.

And as for the decrease of lagging hitboxes, I just know that I got shot by a guy who was turned away from me at the time being(I had just jumped/jetpacked behing him), so I assume they literarly make your char move slower/hitboxes delayed, gimping the LA once more, thanks.

Anyway, what really changed? And has anyone noticed any significant changes?
    • Up x 1
  2. haldolium

Yup.

Not doing "worse" as before but the update has nothing changed for good. "ADAD" exploiting seems actually worse as before.

Though you never know for sure what the problem is since we're not provided with the two relevant factors (ping+absolute population/absolute area population)
    • Up x 1
  3. HerpTheDerp

4. hostilechild

All i noticed was horrible lag most of the time and fps randomly dropping to ****.

Did notice some major hit detection issues with players strafing not even adad warp dancing. Figure it was a sync issue as bullets showed hitting them but no X just like burster AA does.

Also over last few days been dieing alot 1-2 seconds after going around a corner or into spawn shields. hell the other night, i made it through shields swap to medic only to die on the floor - to the person that was shooting me outside many seconds before.

1 step forward 2 steps back as usual.
  5. Oheck

Hasn't affected my gameplay much at all. Hit registration has always been an issue. Some days it's spot on, others you feel like you have to empty the clip then lob your gun at him in hope something will register.

Other problem is the open 'regional' servers, which kinda defeats the purpose of having regional servers when folks from across the sea come in with 200+ pings, in a client side hit reg game.
  6. wwwjdx

THIS is the biggest issue with this "shooter" game to me. It's very randomly 50/50 - negating whatever skills I bring to the table.
  7. PWGuy93

GU11 does have more "perceptive" lag.

Playing engineer nothing repairs 100% when the lag strikes.
    Maxes simply teleport from where you're repairing them to the other side of a room.

I to feel this patch is laggy, enough that I've encountered zone reboots which destroyed entire Alerts and the momentum from either side and caused players who logged in after to simply quit playing.
  8. MorganM

To all the ADADADADA whiners... be glad they even acknolwedged the problem and are trying to fix it because we had heard originally that there was no problem here and to QQ. Hopefully they will improve upon the code more.

As far as FPS; GU11 tanked my FPS and I was mad about it. I mean I lost a solid 20 FPS overall in every situation. Come to find out options in useroptions.ini had been over written! Changed them back and now it's just like it was.... acceptable but not great. Still get these really bad moments of FPS in huge fights. It does tend to go away though so it's not constant.

However I haven't noticed these really bad, server wide, unplayable problems we had weeks ago. Remember when the whole damn region would slow down? Like healing / repairing / terminals didn't even respond ... haven't seen those in a long time.

I do love the new client stability. Never could stay on more than a few hours. Now it's rock solid man. I crash like a few times a week at most.
  9. TheBillOf3D

I've noticed getting killed despite running well into the shields. Lag seems worse. FPS down to zero in some areas. Odd warnings out of nowhere that I ran over someone despite seeming all clear.
    • Up x 1
  10. wwwjdx

would be cool if they posted SERVER PINGS, so we could all use the right ones. and maybe some kind of BLOCK for people over 300 ping. I'm sorry, but if you are trying to play a highly paced action shooting game past 300 ping, you really shouldn't be.
    • Up x 1
  11. AlphaMiC

I get the same problems. My fps is worse than ever and I've dropped my settings even lower than I've ever had them. Re-installed the game but that didn't help. I'll often fly into a big battle and drop to 1-10fps which is totally unplayable. This didn't happen before GU11.

The biggest frustration is the lag though. I've been killed so many times since GU11 where I am clearly back inside the shields or around a corner or up a stair and yet, because of client-side detection & lag, I get mowed down long after I'm in cover. I used to be able to run into a tower cap room and effectively use the cap point as cover while I reload. Now it's impossible to play defensive because even though you're under cover, whoever is shooting at you still sees you where you where seconds ago. I would take this as a feature of client side hit detection but this wasn't nearly this bad before GU11.

I've come down stairs, seen an enemy circled-strafe around him as I'm firing and watched him continue up the stairs and shooting straight ahead (presumably because on his screen that's where I still am) and he's killed me. Last night I jet packed over a guy, landed beside him as he kept running forward, moved behind him and started shooting him in the back, and he one-shot me with a pump action. The dmg indicator said I was hit from directly in front of me (where he was) but on my screen that player never once turned in my direction. I flew past a liberator, did my reverse maneuver so I was above him coming down on top of him, I see him fire his tank buster where I was 3 seconds ago and all of the sudden I'm dead.

I would chalk this up to my ****** aim or my POS connection but none of this occurred (at least not to this extent) before GU11. So no, OP, you're not alone and I hope they sort it out soon.
  12. AlphaMiC

I would love to get a ping indicator like the fps one. So I I'm seeing weird stuff I can look and see if my ping is going crazy too.
  13. gunfox

Funny. I tend to do better and am enjoying the gunplay way more. Guess it depends on your connection whether you got "buffed" or "nerfed" that update.
  14. wwwjdx

I think the connection and game operation are a coin flip randomality: sometimes good, sometimes bad even on same day. once I logged in, got owned 1k for 10d, bailed out, logged in few ours later: 10k to 1 death. *I* didn't change, my system, my internet, my tactics, my AIM didn't change... what the heck happened to take me from noob to rockstar??? It's just silly and random. Next time I'll feel like a noob again. Who knows?
  15. Caserion

Number of times i died even though i just got behind cover: 7

normally that is 4... so something is off.
    • Up x 1
  16. Dis

CSHD issues are much, much worse since GU11. In a game this size with client based hit detection I get that the occasional WTF I was around the corner/inside the shield when I died is going to happen, but it's become infuriating. 2-3 second delays (which people unfamiliar with CSHD probably think are cheats), constant I kill you you kill me fights...MLG here we come!
    • Up x 1
  17. wwwjdx

could they do a game like this without CSHD? I don't know. If they would extend time to death a little that could help
  18. AlphaMiC

I think they've shown that they can execute CSHD to the point where it's not detrimental to play. Hopefully SOE will investigate and fix whatever they changed in this last patch that has dramatically altered that detection time gap for some players.