[Suggestion] Let PC players Post on Console Forum

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by belthazor3457, Jun 27, 2015.

1. belthazor3457

I went to the console forum and immediately found many questions about game mechanics that to the veteran PC player of PS2 are common knowledge, and saw numerous people essentially saying "Gee I dunno, I wish I could find some info" - there's a wealth of knowledge available in the form of the many videos and tutorials made by people such as Wrel, Iridar, Moukass(sp?), myself, and many others - but the console forum occupants don't seem to know that those videos exist, and the veteran PS2 players arn't allowed to post there (unless this is a bug - I went to the PS4 forum and was told I had insufficient posting privileges... bug?)

At least throw in a band-aid fix sticky thread pointing them to the general discussion forum / class forums for better information.
    • Up x 7
  2. Dgross

So if we can't post over there, why are PS4 players allowed to post their whining "I hate this game" threads and clog up the PC forums?
    • Up x 4
  3. Taemien

They should enable mouse and keyboard support on the PS4 version and then merge servers with PC.

More players for everyone. :D
    • Up x 1
  4. FateJH

Wait, we're not allowed to post on their board?

Edit: oh, wait, yes, I see.
  5. Pointyguide2

Ya I saw a question a while ago and it was obvious and went to aanswer it but realized we cant. And people over in that thread were like we don't know
  6. Steez

Dont worry guys , there are old pc and beta players (like myself) trying guide them .
    But its strange that you guys cant post on the ps4 threads by the way.
  7. AlterEgo

I wondered why I wasn't allowed. I mean, come on, I want to congratulate these PS4 players and answer all of their questions to the fullest of my abilities, but Forumside doesn't permit me do so!:confused:
    • Up x 1
  8. AxiomInsanity87

Already 350 ish ques without membership on ps4 already so not thanks.

Loads of fights still happening at nolife o'clock as well.
  9. AxiomInsanity87

Exactly.

It would do more harm than good and it's not needed either.
  10. Carl1879

Cant see it doing any harm to be honest, sure you may get some people being idiots to someone who doesn't play the game on the same system as them but that would be outweighed by the potential good. A few experienced players helps allot a lot help more.

Although us PS4 players can seemingly post everywhere so maybe the PS4 section should just be about getting it working right and all other stuff like asking for help/advice should be encouraged to be posted in gameplay or class discussions instead.
  11. RainbowDash9

i think he meant more of the entitled whiners that dis the game for not being the way they want it and then would go around brainwashing people into thinking the devs are horrible people :p
  12. dngray

No. Let PC players own console players. Make PlanetSide 2 cross platform compatible so we can end the "who is better PC players or console players" debate once and for all.
  13. CorporationUSA

I think that debate was settled with Q3A on the Dreamcast. But it's not a matter of who's better, it's a matter of gamepad vs mouse/keyboard.
  14. AxiomInsanity87

Which has been settled when it's been tried before and mouse and keyboard wrecked.

That is so settled that i cringe whenever it's brought up. It's like "the debate is if the earth is flat or round".

DUH!.
  15. AxiomInsanity87

This makes me cringe even more.

Was you born yesterday?.
  16. AxiomInsanity87

Loads of alts from the kids/single man chlds of the pc gamers spouting "pc master race" and "game is dead" or "no we can't have new and cool stuff because problems".

We don't need the dregs. Ps4's are dirt cheap so the right people are already there.

If someone can't afford a F in ps4 then i sure do not want them there lol.
  17. belthazor3457

That'd be like titanfall, where the grunt AI's are secretly console players and the pilots are PC players.

"Oh wow, is that a PC player?"

"Yeah, they're on a whole other level."
  18. McMan

Realy dumb of the devs for not letting us help the new guys.
  19. Regpuppy

In my case, it's not that I can't afford a PS4. It's that I can't justify buying one when I prefer playing on my PC. I'm not going to buy a PS4 just to post on PS4 forums, but it sure wouldn't hurt for me to post answers to some common questions and meta advice, that's already well established in the PC community.

But oh well, it's not the PC players' loss, I guess. Though, if they're going to force this restriction, it'd be nice if it went both ways. I imagine it's confusing as hell when bugs and issues for both are posted here a lot. :p
    • Up x 2
  20. FBVanu

Bump. Great idea.

And also senseless that this wasn't put into place from the beginning.. so many knowledgeable players in the PC forum..
    can only be good for the PS4..