[Suggestion] Let me deny buildings close to my silo

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Dec 14, 2020.

1. RabidIBM

I would like to be able to flip through the menu on my silo and say what buildings are not allowed within my power range. I would always have bunkers blocked, and in many situations I would block orbital strike.

The bunker is one of the buildings everyone has, so I'm not mad at the noobier builders who think they're helping by adding them. That said, I don't want to get cortium bomb spammed because some noob added a bunker while I was gathering cortium and then an enemy infil showed up.

The OS is situational. Sometimes I'm trying to be subtle with my building. I'll have a specific purpose, such as supplying a vehicle pad close to a fight. I want the cortium for tank production, and DON'T want to be lit up on the map. Then some...person...shows up and says, "hey look at this base, I'll add my orbital to farm kills, I'm sure this guy doesn't mind being my cortium b*tch!" That thing costs 3000 to place, and 240 per minute of upkeep. If I'm out for a couple minutes gathering that easily tops 4000 cortium lost. Given that I need to maintain over 20,000 to supply my platoon, and I'm gathering close to enemies, a loss of thousands is VERY BAD. Then throw on that all the enemy know exactly where I am, and I am not happy about this.

This happens a lot. I don't mind folks building an OS base, but, BUILD YOUR OWN OS BASE! Don't just tack it onto me hoping to farm a few kills off my work!

So yeah, please let me disallow specific buildings.
    • Up x 1
  2. Zipr

Yeah good post I believe RabidIBM I'm pretty sure that I would add that some things cannot be unchecked like Turrets, Modules, and Walls... I say walls only because they can be earned through helping bases I understand there placement can be a head scratching experience (Possibly even a safety net for an enemy Sunderer...)

tbh I would suspect most anything else should only be allowed to be placed by the Silo owner I mean they could make it so the owner needs to place a reinforcements module to allow for players to place such extra's (Structures/Tactical) Only real downside as a major change in my mind would be for folks willing to park their Sundy @ your base They wouldn't just be able to add an extra garage while you may be using yours for modules

I take that point back because sometimes we may need to pull things like a silo from the silo which could be considered a real detrimental effect to the base So maybe moving the Reinforcements module to Core wouldn't be the best idea The idea being Core is only accessible by the owner

I dunno but I do realize and have heard of your concerns in the past Especially the OS because they may just be deciding to drop it willy-nilly before I feel I'm ready because of both the attention and silo/building needs Seems kinda funny actually that others are asking for some changes while ignoring such detriment or unfavorable play (considering time and effort)
  3. Zipr

Hope this post gets more input... I mean sometimes I will just wind up building a base because I started a daily mission Think it's sometimes mostly because the Continent just opened and nothing much is happening and/or appears like a stalemate on most front's I understand folks may think they're helping by placing an OS early based on proximity or something Maybe they figure you do not have one? (I do not yet) For example the base probably is in a position which doesn't exactly lend itself to even having an OS (Quite possibly based on whether one's view is optimistic or not) I dunno I'm personally not to quick to even drop the sky shield because it quickly becomes a distant visual clue

Big thing is I might just be hoping some real pilot(s) care to use the base (Possibly adding their own router...) Again base built more for others to fulfill such missions etc. My sole interest/direction being to carry on and best enjoy the game and/or other missions at the time...

Only point I could make which could possibly be even as important would be about base awareness Only visual clue that I can think of given now is when a Turret has an AI module Would be nice to see more... I mean yeah you can check things via attempting to place because you get a prompt Be nice to press a button following an attack to see info For example maybe a Vehicle Gate is red because it lacks a Structure Shield module and/or yellow because no adjoining repair module...

I'm just saying in the past when I have built a large base on another account (especially w/ any help) It has seem to been quite troublesome to know what is needed in both changes and/or replacement Much less following an actual attack Basically, I actually do really respect what some of you guys do building and upkeeping bases I also think the developers do listen I mean they made changes to Turrets in the past so you could prevent Joe Blow from sitting idle in your AI Anti-Air Turret which is most likely no more than 50 meters from someone else's unmanned Turret...