[Suggestion] Let MAX units ride Valkyries

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Pickleman44, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Pickleman44

I find that when I'm transporting people from my outfit/squad, lots of them are MAXes that need a ride, but I can't give them one. Some people may say this would be OP, as we could just pack them full of AA MAXes, and kill any Galaxy in sight. I think that MAXes should be able to ride in Valks, but they cant use their guns. This would let people maximize the potential of the Valk, but not make it completely OP.

Any thoughts?
    • Up x 8
  2. GeistScythe

I like this idea.
  3. PhineasDerp

I like this suggestion.

As an alternative to the "no fire" limitation you mentioned, perhaps limit it to 1 MAX per Valk? Since they are occupying so much more physical space and adding more weight per unit than regular infantry, it makes logical sense that a Valk can only manage to carry 1 MAX at a time. I'd also like to see a MAX take up 2 occupant locations in a Valk, to add further consideration to carrying a MAX on the mission.
    • Up x 2
  4. _itg

Considering the nanite cost of a Valkyrie full of MAXes, it seems hard to argue that this would be OP. A Valkyrie with pilot, gunner, two AA MAXes, and two engis would be formidable, but it would also be a 6-man, 1,150 nanite aircraft. Why shouldn't it be formidable?
    • Up x 1
  5. Ruvan

Hope you read the bit about the AA MAXes not being able to fire their weapons.

@OP reasonable suggestion.
    • Up x 2
  6. Jake the Dog

I think its not completely unreasonable... I mean valks are pretty much cannon fodder (literal tank cannon) atm. Just make it so you have to choose between AMS and being able to carry max's because thats alot of firepower in a valk.
  7. MAXArmar

I think it's quite a good idea. Maybe limit to 1 - 2 MAXes but let them fire. It's not like the Valkyrie can effectively be used as a battle platform anyway, it's way too squishy for that.
  8. Pickleman44

That could also be a good idea. I just don't see why SOE thinks that MAXes can't ride in the rumble seats in the Valk, when it can sit in the rumble seat on the harasser.
  9. NoctD

I'd just have a MAX take up 2 seats in a Valk... either 3/4 or 5/6. It shouldn't be a problem.
    • Up x 1
  10. OldMaster80

Sounds nice but the Valkyrie is meant to be a fast troop transport. It shouldn't be used to hunt enemy aircraft.
    Imho the biggest issue still remains that as vehicle is too fragile, so passengers have literally no time to answer fire: ESF take Valkyrie's hp to 50% with one clip, while a Dalton deals 95% damage that cant be stopped in any way. As long as this is the situation there is no place for the Valkyrie in ps2.
  11. OldMaster80

Because they dont want Max Units dropping right on capture points.
    • Up x 1
  12. nightbird

I'd say change 2 of the rear seats to allow MAXs (1 each side) and let them fire their weapons. 1 AA burster wouldn't really save a valk but give it more of a chance. They can also go AV and support the turret.
    • Up x 1
  13. Inex

Probably equal parts
    1. Doing animations
    2. Worrying about people screaming "OP"
    But honestly, short of the "Skyguard" Valk there's nothing you can do with a MAX in the rumble seats that you can't do with HAs. Your only problem is figuring out a way to keep the HAs supplied with ammo. Probably what "Redeploy to the Valk you're currently sitting in" is for. :D
    • Up x 2
  14. Dhabu

I support this idea, and have suggested it myself.

I could understand (and would accept) MAXes being limited to transport-only, no guns, but honestly with the state of the Valk (read: pathetic), let 'em use their guns too, I say.
    • Up x 1
  15. Cookie5000

A Max should take up 2 seats, so a Valkyrie can only carry at most 2 Maxes
    • Up x 1
  16. vanu123

If all you could carry is 2 maxs it could be decent given the weakness of the valk itself. Although 2 highly mobile AA maxs would be annoying to deal with.
    • Up x 1
  17. Dargadon

8-barreled flying Air-to-Air Battery of DOOM, that`s why.
    • Up x 1
  18. AlterEgo

Valks have been out for a year?
    Snap. Time flieso_O
  19. patoman

Not supported. Its a light craft, and that many max suits would overhelm it, would look weird and not be realistic.
  20. JojoTheSlayer

No, killing off a infantry drop on your AMS is hard enough.
    4x Anti Vehicle Maxes would be impossible!