Least Favorite Light Assault Weapon

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by TheSeer, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Pat22

The Solstice VE3? Really? That's basically the most reliable and versatile weapon in the VS LA Arsenal, it's good at everything. Sure it may not excel in certain areas like, for example, the Serpent excels in CQC hipfire spray and huge DPS, but it also has no downsides, like how the Serpent has lower bullet velocity, more pronounced recoil and almost twice the reload speed in exchange for it's advantages in CQC.
    Also it has, I think, the shortest reload speed of any primary weapon in the game. That's a really big selling point.

Personally, I can't believe I used the Sirius SX-12 long enough to get it up to almost 3600 kills. It's like an earthquake made into a weapon, the recoil is horrible, it's useless past 15 meters.
    • Up x 1
  2. Chris Bingley

I just seem to get on better with the 'long-range' carbines. I use my carbine most on my engie, as my LA is a shotgun and C4 delivery service. As an engineer I'm generally at the back supporting so the sniping carbines work better for me.
  3. Whatupwidat

AC-X11 - If it had a 30 round mag I might be able to use it, but I'm forever getting caught reloading the ******* thing so I ditched it for the Razor and never looked back.
  4. lilleAllan

I like almost all carbines.

Of those I have auraxium with, the AC-X11 is probably my least favorite (it's still pretty good).

But I haven't even bought the Gauss Burst. I'd probably die of frustration before ever auraxium'ing it.
  5. Ibetchuumad

My least favorite weapons of the ones I have used would be the solstice and the solstice burst..
    My two favorites would be the vx 6-7 & pulsar c... a close third would probably be the sirius.
  6. Silvermyst

Honestly?

I don't like carbines.

...I feel like I should say something more, but there isn't really much more to say. I'll try though.

I don't particularly like them and really don't use them much because of it. Which is a shame because it makes me dislike the LA for anything but CQB, and I'd like to use them for more mid-ranged combat. But whenever I do use a carbine I find myself wishing I had an assault rifle, or even a LMG or something. But I can't.

I think I feel this way because to me carbines aren't good enough at close quarters (use an SMG or shotty instead) and just aren't good enough at mid-range. (Assault rifle, battle rifle or my trusty old SAW instead) They awkwardly fall between into the crack between those two play-styles.

I'm fine with other people using them, and often find myself watching video's of LA's using them and then think: "Wow, that short-mid ranged combat looks like so much fun, with all that dancing in and out of engagements with that carbine for such great effect."

So I give it another go. But then it always feels all wonky and weird for me and I don't like it. :(

I'm totally happy that there are other people who can appreciate them, and sincerely hope that SOE is going to come out with a new one sometime that I will actually like, but until then, they just aren't for me.

Good luck and happy hunting.
  7. geekrider

Razor GD-23. My AF-19 Mercenary does a way better job.

Also I would like someones opinions on the TMG-50. I tried using this at medium-long ranges. It's terrible. Haven't tried it for short-medium ranges so I can't really say.
  8. harmypants

I used it today for the first time in ages, went about 5 minutes until i had to switch to anything else. Waste of certs.
    It's basically just a gimped NC weapon with terrible audio
  9. thederpi

I just hate the Hc1 cougar,. that weapon has made me promish my self never to buy a weapon Again without asking around first..
  10. Iridar51

Been using that almost exclusively for some time now, it's a pretty usable weapon. Can't see why you would hate it so much.
    It's got too much horizontal recoil, that's for sure. 0.23/0.23, apparently, which is far too much for something that's supposed to be a precision weapon. But higher damage tier does it's job, and the firing sound sort of nails the targets :)
  11. Corezer

Cougar is doing for LA what the release SVA-88 did for HA...

making me reroll!

gun just has so much ammo and is so versatile!

Did I mention that when I branch off from the group, I don't absolutely need ammo bandolier?