Learning how to Pilot a specific Lib Loadout, Tips?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nehlis, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Nehlis

I've started investing in my Liberator. The loadout I'm trying to work with is Vektor, Shredder and Bulldog. Any tips on how to spec out the Utility, defense and performance slots?

I trialed the TankBuster, couldn't get used to it. Vektor with 2x zoom, while lower on damage, was more beginner friendly, and I prefer having advantage at range.
    Shredder has always been a personal favorite. Dalton and zeypher may be better at AV, Zeypher and Duster may be better at AI. Shredder always has had a special place for me though because it's got versatility and is hands down the best for AA. Currently specing into the 3x zoom, should I go with thermals instead?
    Most of the ground work is going to be delegated to the bulldog, which I'm planning on giving thermals. It gives a weird switch up where the belly gun is better for air encounters and the tailgun is better for general groundwork.

Any tips for flying in general?
  2. PKfire

Even though it wasn't to your liking during the trial, the Tank Buster is hands-down the best choice for your nosegun and I believe, with use, you will come to see that too. The Vektor and Spur are very underwhelming weapons and time you spend shooting targets with either is better spent with gunners (Shredder) on target. Though be warned: many pilots can be blinded by the power of the TB. Focus on it too much and you're only going to hinder your crewed vehicles effectiveness.

As you are just now investing in it I would spend some time in VR getting a feel for the frames available to you and what they can and cannot do. This will give you an idea of what may be best for your preferred style of play, but you really wont know until you've used all three in actual combat.

Nanite Auto repair is a pretty staple choice for defense, the other options are quite weak and/or highly situational by comparison

Afterburners and Fire Suppression should be the two options to consider for your utility slot., as they are both quite useful in their own right. AB providing the acceleration you need when coming out of tight turns and the like while FS gives you a great tool for increasing the longevity of your Liberator.

If the Shredder is your preferred means of dispensing justice, the best advice I can give you (if you're piloting) is this; Don't get greedy, don't be hungry. Giving your gunner(s) as much up-time on target is the most effective way to utilize the weapon. Also, use the Drake. It's badass.

Our Loadout:

Body
    • High G Airframe
    • Nanite Auto Repair
    • Fire Suppression
    Tank Buster
    • Thermal
    • Magazine Size
    Shredder
    • Thermal
    • Magazine Size
    Drake
    • Thermal
    • Magazine Size
    Magazine size is pretty mandatory for the Shredder and Tank Buster alike. And while I prefer Thermal on my nosegun to spot pesky ground plebeians on low approaches, I can't say why both prefer it as well. Optics are merely preference, I believe, with no real 'best choice'.