Leadership.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Negator, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Negator

More effective leaders available means primary leaders can delegate more often, stress less often, and pass it off before he starts red lining.
    • Up x 4
  2. Chicken Wings

The trouble, then, still remains. We need more leaders.
    • Up x 1
  3. Negator

And hopefully some of this will help us snag these individuals before they meander their way into a barely active outfit (or an overly large/overbearing outfit that might suppress their potential) and put their skills to work. Pending of course, they are willing.
    • Up x 3
  4. libbmaster

Planetside has something that no other game has in regards to leadership.

I'm convinced that it is secretly an RTS-FPS hybrid.

I've tried my hand at squad leading several times. I genuinely enjoyed it, if only because I was convinced I was doing the job better than an of my squadmates could. (I'm no Sun Tzu, but a random pubie once signed off from my platoon by telling me I was "Doing a fantastic job", so I will toot my own horn. :p ) My proudest moment was leading a VREV platoon to victory in a pre-lattice esamir territory alert. It was an exhilarating experience, (to spite plenty of whack-a-mole at the start) and we won in part because I had been blessed with the best squad leads of all time :).

I'm too tired at the moment to provide anything of use, but I can't wait to see how this thread develops and what I can contribute. For now, I'll just settle for exposing my enthusiasm about PS2!

Also, +1 to improved leadership tools. They work, but they are clunky.

Haven't had a chance to lead in a while, college and all. I really need to block out two or more hours to do it right. :(
    • Up x 2
  5. Chicken Wings

You know, here used to be two ranks in the original Planetside, weren't there? Battle Rank and... I forget the other one, but I think it had to do with leadership. Command Rank, I think. Perhaps this could be a solution?
    • Up x 1
  6. Negator

Before I go relax for the evening, just want to leave what was effectively our outfit's leadership motto for all to ponder:

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  7. OgreMarkX

Good post and good points.

A big /salute to the leaders in PS2. It's a hard job in what should be a game.

/salute as well to those who say yes to Squad Leader jobs, and who take the Platoon leader spot even though new to it.

Experience is a rough road, so thank you to those who take the time (and flak) to get it.
    • Up x 3
  8. Nocturnal7x

Very nice post.

For me anyway, leading requires too much time and focus, I lose too much XP leading. There needs to be XP incentives to leading. That said making leading easier would go a long way. I think a huge part of it would be spawn options. Ever try to get a bunch of people in the same place? its a PITA between either getting every squad to pull a gal (which is often quite the task) and spawn locations appearing and reappearing, being available to some but not others.

Anyway im tired and could go on, im sure there will be a lot of other good feedback, this is my half a cent (I didn't even give 2, im sorry).
    • Up x 1
  9. GoEErs

I love this game and I love it for leaders like yourself. I get chills just reading your posts. Damn, if I wasn't NC I'd be beating your door down to join your unit. Perhaps I could recruit you over to command an NC unit. Let's talk it over at breakfast with some SOS over toast and a hot cup of Marine Corps coffee. Lots of memories in those Chow Halls at 29 Palms and MCAS Yuma. Oh well, it was just a thought. Nicely done and thank you for your service. Semper Fi
    • Up x 1
  10. GoEErs

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." General George Patton
    Lead the way and we will follow. Thanks for the post Negator. Great work.
    • Up x 1
  11. Lamat

Why do you have a VS outfit called "Go TR"? Like you're cheering for TR...
  12. lyravega

Negator, copy/paste all of them and put them in a single post maybe? Not being able to edit stuff breaks posts apart, and people will miss the following ones.
  13. Negator

I will, and repost the whole document in a few days. I like the feedback so far and helps me refine some of my thoughts. I'd like for some of the concepts to be more then a 'hey itd be neat if this' but a nearly complete product that just needs to be translated to pixels.
  14. HellionX

you are 100% correct in every way Negator. I myself am totally burned out and so are many of our other leaders. It makes things really hard. We rotate through leaders like crazy. I think we are on our 3rd or 4th set. Very few of the originals are still on.

here have this

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  15. Pokebreaker

Bump...

That's funny.
  16. Negator

its coming. im traveling and wont be back until 24th
  17. St4tic

Negator occasionally leads NC squads/platoons... then again you could easily create a vs alt and look for one of his open squads to see how he operates. Negator is fun guy to play with as are his outfit mates. I'm looking forward to more posts from Negator as i find he's got great insight on leadship in relation to this game.
    • Up x 1
  18. Cinnamon

Maybe planetside 2 could start a slightly different recruitment program. I'm sure there are people out there who don't know that planetside 2 can be a game about bossing people around that needs absolutely no traditional video game skills.
    • Up x 1
  19. Negator

what does this even mean?
  20. Zorro

He means recruiting RTS players.