LC2 Lynx vs LC3 Jaguar?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luminiouscow, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Luminiouscow

Both are fast-firing TR carbines, but which one is overall better?

Did the Lynx revamp help the Lynx or make it worse?
  2. Yeahy

Jag has .75 ADS. That's pretty much all I know.
  3. SeanFree

0.75 instantly makes a gun desirable, Jaguar is a quintessential carbine for Light Assault IMO.
  4. Fellgnome

Jaguar > old Lynx > new Lynx

New Lynx looked good on paper but in practice seems less accurate than the Jaguar. Needing more bullets to kill and having worse bloom adds up to make it pretty limited effective range. It also has less damage per mag, and no .75 ADS like the Jaguar. The TTK difference is also very small, Lynx is not that much better for CQC really.

Put up against old Lynx, well, it doesn't have the crazy right pull recoil. But it has higher TTK, no .75 ADS, less damage per mag. And even the old Lynx might've had better effective range if you handled the crazy right bias recoil well enough.

So I am not at all happy with the Lynx. I got it with SC, and I don't use it anymore.
    • Up x 1
  5. BarxBaron

I auraxed both so long ago before the changes :(

Now not using them cuz' directives :(

Gonna go cry now. (Jag is tops!)

HIGBY PLS! Add a new medal beyond aurax so I can use meh guns foreverz without my OCD kicking in! ;)
  6. Dæmonic

In my opinion, the Jaguar is the way to go.. The Lynx is essentially a stylized SMG with its horrible recoil and extreme firerate. Also, the .75 ADS doesn't hurt too much..
  7. Yeahy

125 damage model just doesn't work.
  8. LibertyRevolution

9. foesjoe

The Lynx used to be my favourite carbine. Then SOE 'reworked' it. Now it's ****.