LaunchPad was unable to connect.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by stabbystabby, Nov 20, 2012.

1. T0ez

2. Hekyl

From another thread.

I still get the same Launchpad can not connect. :(
  3. T0ez

I'll just give it a go in the morning, will just get my money back if the error keeps up for more than a few days though.
  4. Krafty Kiwi

Yeah so at least now we know whats going on lets cross our fingers :p i wanna play tonight hahaha it was a good launch though apart from us people that are unable to connect.
  5. Cthulhu_Awakens

My mate downloaded it though Telstra ISP and the Telstra Steam Content Server, his game is working fine. Still no luck with the LaunchPad (downloaded through Steam, ISP = Telecom).
  6. Madspaz

This is fken piss poor service. Its been over 24 hours since this has been released.
  7. Krafty Kiwi

They cant get everything right not even the largest gaming company's are flawless there are always going to be problems and anyway its not like we are having to pay for the game ..... ITS FREE TO PLAY so we have to be patient unless now we know that they are working on the problems. It should be up tomorrow if not later tonight.
  8. Madspaz

Are you ******** me Krafty? Do you find this acceptable? F2P or not (it will make a tonne of money regardless, look at LoL), its obviously working for some and not others. Most gaming companies are not flawless no but most companies would fix things like this within hours. I thought D3 had the worst launch. This takes things to an entirely new level.
  9. T0ez

Kid go outside. You have no right to go around saying things like this. This is one of the better launches of any game, heck most games of this size have like 90% downtime on the first day. At least the servers have been up, it is a small problem affecting a small number of players. There aren't hundreds of thousands of us NZers playing this game.

Give it some time and it will get fixed, they currently have problems that are affecting way more people than this problem. Yes all are important, but they don't have infinite resources.

Have some patience and quit complaining.
  10. darts100

I'm in Singapore and i ge this same issue. I also downloaded from steam.
  11. Masato

Reporting from Indonesia here,

My lauchpad is error too, damn this ...

[IMG]
  12. Krafty Kiwi

Guys it seems like we all have the same problem as above.......
    Does anyone else have anything different ?
  13. StealthNinja36

yea hey my launcher doesnt work at all i install the setup and go through all the stuff til a planetside 2 logo is showing i click on it and nothing happens iv tried reinstalling it multiple times and still nothing happens at all at least you guys have a window that pops up lol i got nothing and im confused as to what im supposed to do xD
  14. Kurigan

In a house in New Zealand with 5 people trying to connect. Two of us can and 3 of us get this unable to connect error while all being plugged into the same router. We all have the game downloaded on steam and have tried a non steam version.

We have also tried switching around files and such but its always the same two that work and the same three that don't. hope this helps.
  15. Rong

Same error here in Singapore.

Downloaded fresh from Steam
  16. daineloscar1

me too i have the same issue and i live in singapore clementi avenue 3 120450
  17. daineloscar1

if they fix it wanna play togther planetside 2
  18. euphoricbliss

Any update on this issue?
  19. Madspaz

I have every right to say what I did, just as you have every right not to read it.

Name some games of this magnitude with 90% downtime on the first 24 hours of launch?

Saying this is one of the better launches yet with so many problems(obviously many others including this one) is pretty contradicting kid. (this doesnt affect only NZers btw)

On a better related note:

Try using a tunneling service or proxy, some people are able to connect using this. At work now so cannot comment, tried logging in this morning normally though and it was still down.
  20. Frostings

Used a tunnel, updated the launcher and got to the point where the play button becomes green, closed PS2.
    Turned off the tunnel, restarted PS2 and PS2 worked fine.

Dear Chat Help guy, tell your superiors they're garbage and it's ridiculously frustrating knowing the guy helping you is either someone who would ask you for computer advice or someone so gimped by his ****** procedures he's worthless.