Launchpad was unable to connect. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MidnightStranger, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Batsteg

I seem to be getting this the first time i try to connect after booting up, i just click X and try again and it works
  2. cobaltlightning

I'm still getting this error, since after the emergency patch.
  3. Metalton

Still getting it also, but found a much quicker work around, then my previous post.

Go into your PS2 directory (Default: c:\users\public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\Planetside 2\ )

Delete Launcher.exe

Run PS2_Setup.exe

Choose Repair/Re-install when it says installation already detected.

It'll re-install and open the launcher without the 4-503 error, you can then log in and play :)

Should only take maybe 5 mins. Least we can play till this launcher hiccup gets fixed :)
  4. Darkmaster

Hi Guys

I too have been having this issue, my workaround is as follows.

go to game directory, delete or rename launchpad.exe

then rename launchpad.exe.bak to launchpad.exe

Then launch the game, it may take a second longer, although all its doing is downloading a new launchpad.exe.bak. which is 1mb

I have tried this many times and it always works.

Until they fix the client, this is the only quick workaround, meaning everytime you quit the game you will have to follow this procedure.
    • Up x 2
  5. Plastikfrosch

i had the same problem on thursday. My firewall reacted to Planetside2_64.exe after the patch and would always disconnect me. you just have to go into your anti virus/firewall settings and allow the Planetside.exe to work and everything should be fine.
  6. SilverUnicorn

i was playing fine just hour ago now my launcher cant connect! WHERE IST THE FIX!
  7. MidnightStranger

I don't even have my firewall and anti-virus blocking PS2. It's really allowing the game to be played.
  8. cobaltlightning

My Anti-Virus and Firewall ain't reacting to it, either. Steam has told me twice now that files are missing and reacquires them. Would be fine, if in total the download wasn't 5+ gigs each time.
  9. Pandora's Lunchbox

Yes.
  10. Pandora's Lunchbox

It's probably better to do the downloads just directly from Daybreak and not through some money-hogging business model like Steam...
  11. MidnightStranger

12. ciotta2013

I solved this rebooting my router...
    I was having this problem since last big patch (the super buggy one).
    I tried several suggestions such as deleting launcher cache and checking firewall settings allowing the 2 ex with no luck..

I think that during aftepatch buggy dayz our clients were behavbing in wrong way and the server could have blocked/banned our external IPs for that reason... Infact REBOOTING my modem/router solved this is a minute ( i was having this every day for at least 2 weeks).

source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/41c4ll/fix_found_a_temporary_fix_for_4503_error/
  13. Endlave

Works like a charm. Thank you.
  14. clownlover

Anyone still constantly getting this error?
  15. Kingforever2

yes iam still having this error
  16. Xencur

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit
    https://help.daybreakgames.com
    for assistance.

Just started getting this error. When it happened I check PS2 app on my phone and checked if the server is down. And it was but then it came back online after 20mins, then i tried to open my Launchpad but it was showing the same error again. What's happenning?
  17. Zeonel

Aye. Been having the same problem since 2 days back. Hopefully it'll resolve soon. I'll go play some indie games in the meantime.
  18. winkbuul

Just keep trying...after 5 tries launchpad started downloading an update...ready...go
  19. Zmei

Its realy WORKS!:)
  20. user101

If you have been a old player of PS2 it is like on its 3th or 4th launch pad version. You have to uninstall all the old versions of launchpad's and the old versions of PS2 stuck in windows. And redownload the game.

You should only have ONE version of PS2 in the Windows programs. And any thing with SOE is likely old.

There are some old programs of PS2 that cross link some how and cause problems. I to had to do this and clean out the windows programs of PS2 and the old versions.