Launchpad was unable to connect. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MidnightStranger, Jan 14, 2016.

1. MidnightStranger

This is a very serious problem here and I do not feel like reinstalling the entire game over again!

The error message appears after 30 seconds or so.

This is what it says:
    LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit

for assistance (4-503)

(4-503) is not a number I have ever seen before on the launcher's error message.

Normally, the launcher's error message would not be fully shown, it would just be half shown because most of it is moved to the right side of the launcher.

Now, it's being fully shown and is at the very center.

I think it has something to do with the blank Launchpad.bak.file that just appeared out of nowhere.

I've tried opening the launcher many times, leaving my computer off for a day, deleting the bak file, deleting the original launcher and using the bak file instead (I restored it after deleting it) etc.. No luck...

I have very good PC specs so I don't think the parts of the computer are causing the trouble.

PLEASE, I NEED HELP. I DON'T WANT TO UNINSTALL THE ENTIRE GAME AND LEAVE IT ALONE FOR 6 DAYS FOR THE GAME TO FULLY REINSTALL. I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE MY COMPUTER OVERNIGHT TO RECEIVE MUCH FASTER INSTALLNIG SPEED ON THE LAUNCHER BECAUSE IT WOULD OFTEN RESULT IN THE DESTRUCTION OF MY MONITOR.

And trust me, the beta launcher did do such a thing like this 4 years ago to other players who played waaaay before me, but I'm not even using the beta client. I'm using the updated client all of the players are using right now after the beta client "died" in 2012.

Just help meeeeeeeee :(

2. Ximaster

Submit a ticket to DBG.
  3. MidnightStranger

Eh, they often take too long to respond. I think it's just a waste of my time.
  4. Pandora's Lunchbox

Have you done the mundane checks - you know, such as making sure PlanetSide 2 isn't blocked by a firewall?
  5. SilverUnicorn

i have a same problem here!
  6. MidnightStranger

Yep, that, too...

Really, my firewall doesn't have PS2 blocked. I've been playing this game for 2 years already.

I've tried disabling both the Anti-Virus and the firewall--No luck at all...
  7. Pandora's Lunchbox

Have you checked your router? Some routers can block programs like a firewall can. Having said that, if you've played the game for two years without much failure, then it is probably not that.

I think you might be pushed for a Support Ticket, unfortunately. At any rate, the game is broken for a mass amount of players - you are best getting the Support Ticket opened and investing in another game in the mean time; at least until they fix the patch (which will inevitably take longer than it will for them to respond to you).

Good luck! Sorry I couldn't help further.
  8. MidnightStranger

Wait, the reason why the PS2 launcher is not working is because of a patch being broken and causing wonky stuff or something like that?
  9. BlackSteel97

They maybe were fixing the client and took down the servers for that.... at least I hope that
  10. Pelojian

they haven't. for the past 3 days i have had issues trying to get into the game through the launchpad. i have succeeded twice and tried dozens of times today to get in unsuccessfully.

same error message (4-503).
  11. NoVemBer1978

Get the:
    Game Error G28
  12. ShiruBiru

they are just buffing VS a little more....
    • Up x 1
  13. MrCairngorm

Getting game error G28, but after patch all bugs break loose, so emergency patch has somethin to do with this :)
  14. ShiruBiru

15. 3phreal

Wow ... WTF .. ehh

Turn off our monitor ?
    • Up x 1
  16. Hoschi

We need a new hotfix for the hotfix of the patch.
    • Up x 1
  17. Jaded Dalanari

This issue is spreading after being kicked off the server around 2-3 est I went and took a break for 2 hours, came back and its showing my the same 4-503 as stated previously. So its definitely not something on the player side as far as I can tell. I love this game, but man this week has been rough. Completely unrelated but I would love to see better joystick support as well.

Notably Status: 1/15/2016 13:30 PST - The game is currently down for Emergency patching.

Guess they got whats going on.
    • Up x 1
  18. Hoschi

Fix it baby! Hurry hurry - rush rush! :D
  19. Metalton

Does not "fix" the 4-503 problem.. but if you backup/copy your PS2 folder someplace safe, uninstall PS2 (delete remaining original folder, just in case). Then reinstall using PS2_setup.exe (from PS2 site if you don't have it anymore).

Unfailingly launcher will make it to the login screen after reinstalling it. Then before you log in, copy your backed up PS2 folder into the new game folder. You can then log in and play.

Downside, once you exit the game and launch the launcher again, you'll probably be back to the 4-503 error.
  20. MidnightStranger

Wow, I am totally glad I'm not the only person suffering! So does that mean we'll have to wait?