Launchpad Unable to connect. 12/7

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Exrage, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Exrage

Is there anyway to possibly flash the MAC address to the server from my computer? Maybe it has me logged in when I'm really not and when I crash it's thinking I'm still connected?
  2. Exrage

Continues to run for a minute before timing out... Any support or ideas are appreciated.
  3. Exrage

Tried adding a manual IP flush by adding TcpAckFrequency to my registry to make sure I'm not blocking any packets from my computer to the SOE servers, still nothing though. I'm not sure what fluke caused it to work but talk about frustration.
  4. Malevictus

I have this issue also, i tried pinging both lvspsn-liv-l01.planetside2.com and sdt-devpatch.station.sony.com and reached them both without any issues, but my game launcher freezes at 15% and i recieve the G99 error, for two weeks before this weekend i could connect to the game without any problems. My game is installed and run from the standalone launcher.
  5. Gwarh

I wonder if it's related to the lastest patch.

As I just logged out and restarted my PC at 11:20pm MST to clear up some frame rate stuttering.

When I restarted and tried to launch the game I got a Stop Error (Blue Screen msg [I should have wrote the stop error msg down but didint])

When I restated again and double-click the PS2 launcher it shows the Blue swirl for a few seconds then goes away. Repeatedly tried restarting my PC, but no change.

Looked for any game processes or sony processes running but don't see anything.

---

Have you had any sucess Exrage?
  6. Exrage

Random stroke of luck earlier today- trying to repeat the process. After modifying the registry to add a manual shunt to make sure I'm not clogging the ports or upstream to their servers I've managed to get my client to go from it's usual back-pane and spinning circle to a pure white "I might be working but you won't know" sitting there. I'm going to try reinstalling and see if it fixed it, if I did I'll post what I did.
  7. Malevictus

Exrage try now, mine just decided to connect
  8. Exrage

Nope, I'm still staring at the usual "Launchpad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.soe.com/help for assistance. (4-0).

Now I've added the stopper for my packet-loss in my registry which caused the planetside 2 launcher to act really bizzarely to the point it morphed into a completely whited out box to the orginal SOE blue launcher. After completely deleting the files, again, for the 250th time I'm back to the usual Planetside 2 with the spinny blue circle to the above message. It's safe to say I've done a complete 360 around this and haven't hit the problem yet. I'll keep restarting it again and again for ***** and giggles though.
  9. Exrage

It should also be noted I don't receive a G-error, just the above text. I've had it randomly work for me once, but due to an unfortunate CPU crash during the reinstall I was put back at square one.
  10. Exrage

Rolling into day 2 now... there's gotta be someone from SOE I can talk to about this.
  11. Exrage

More puzzling, for the hell of it I downloaded another SOE game Everquest 2 just to see how it responds- it completely connects and downloads so it's just the Planetside 2 client that's having the problem.
  12. Exrage

Woke up this morning and attempted to log in after redownloading the client, still dealing with the same error. Going to move the computer to another location and see if that helps anything.
  13. Exrage

Have relocated the computer to another house/IP configuration yet the problem persists. Anyone got an idea?
  14. Gwarh

I'm at a loss for you Exrage. I haven't been able to find a solution to my issue either. I'm going to uninstall PS2, run a registry cleaner then re-install and see if it works.

If I notice any fixes here on the forums that match your situation I'll let you know.
  15. Gwarh

I've seen one SOE tech rep reply to 1 request for help here on the forums, so they are not Mythical creatures, but they are very very rare it seems.
  16. Exrage

Ah, well the double XP weekend is coming to a close and my support ticket as well as any attempt at getting help remains untouched by any SOE staff other than Veratu's "Is this still occuring to you" post. Guess I'll have to take my business elsewhere. A paying TR player too, considering the population cut to the faction that's got to be a triple loss, must not be that big of a deal to them though.
  17. Exrage

Sigh* Well atleast the ticket go looked at. Same blanket response "Try turning off your firewall and any antivirus" like I haven't already gone through their web database for known fixes and have tried all of them- but hey, it's a start. Don't like having to kick and scream but if it gets attention to my problem then so be it.
  18. Exrage

Whatever, due to frustration I simply scratched the hard drive and after reinstalling my anti-virus and firewall on top of a brand spanking new launchpad, wouldn't you know it, it runs like a dream. I'll go back to sniping and keep from buying station cash like it's the plague thanks to the horrid response time to this incident.
  19. Vanuub

"
    LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.soe.com/help for assistance.(4-0)"

Since today. It asks for admin password to run, which it has possibly never done before, and then after a bit of waiting I get that.

Happening since today. Was working fine last night.
  20. Vanuub