Launchpad unable to connect (1-0)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zerdenn, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Zerdenn

So I've had this issue for two days now, and I'm out of options at this point.

I've reset proxy settings
    Reset internet settings
    Made exceptions for launchpad AND Planetside 2 in the firewall
    Tried turning windows defender off entirely
    Tried running as admin

and all other combinations of these things, as well as trying steam.

Any solutions to this problem are from before daybreak took over, so I've been hunting this "Awesomiumprocess" but I can't find it, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist anymore or it's been renamed. I've pretty much given every application or exe file in the PS2 directory an exception in the firewall.
  2. Nogs

Had similar (constant) problem with launchpad so try below which works for me every time. Bit of a pain to do each time but it least you can get into the game! Copied and pasted from another post with originator Juggernaut70 (to whom I am very grateful) credited at bottom.
    ———————————————————————————————-
    “Launchpad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance.”
    (4-503)

After struggling with this for a few days (never had this problem before (since 2012) and my son's PC almost identical specs still connects fine). I searched here, google and found many have this problem and some posted 'workarounds' that DID NOT WORK (for me at least). Deleted cache folders (launcherLib), launchpad.exe delete, re-run setup/repair, fully uninstalled, re-installed to a different location (local and steam), reset Internet options, Changed my DNS, modem/router cold boot, changed IP's, tried VPNs etc , and NOTHING worked! How frustrating when I am just trying to get my FIX! (pun intended)

During my troubleshooting yesterday, I decided to launch task manager before launching PS2 (to monitor what launchpad.exe calls on other than just launcher and planetside2. I noticed under processes, 'Daybreak ... launchpad.exe' appears as expected, AND (3) 'GameLauncherCefChildProcess.exe (32 bit)'. Then the dreaded 'Launcher will not connect (4-503)' inevitably appears in my launcher (again, as expected). o_O

My logic stated: "there should be only ONE GameLauncherCefChildProcess.exe actively running".
    Eureka! A simple WORKAROUND (has to be done each time "Launcher will not connect (4-503)" appears in your launcher). This is the only 'workaround' I could come up with that works for me, every time. I sure hope this helps to prevent someone from deeply stabbing (4-503) into their LCD with a mag-cutter like I did.

Leave Launchpad open with error displayed (4-503) (you will take pleasure in watching it kaput)
    Open Task Manager
    Under processes | right click/END TASK on ALL duplicate 'GameLauncherCefProcess.exe' you see listed (only 1 is needed)
    VOILA! (4-503) disappears and PLAY button illuminates - CLICK PLAY
    After your game, write DBG and tell them to debug Planetside 2's launcher and to add back PhysX GPU particles. (It's open source now, so AMD users can enjoy too. PS2 is so much better w/ fully enabled PhysX particle effects!).
    ~your welcome DB. You can update my ticket and close it, (4-503) is not worth more of my time. Please use this info to debug the launchpad you inherited from SOE.
    Juggernaut70, Mar 22, 2017 #1Last edited by Juggernaut70, Mar 22, 2017