Launchpad 404 Errors

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR-SeanF, Oct 16, 2014.

1. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

Hello! We're currently looking into the launcher issues that many of you are reporting. In the mean time, we have a few things to try if you are encountering this problem with the launcher:

1. Clearing LP4 Cache Settings: You can clear the LP4 cache by going to the game's folder and finding the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again.

2. Resetting Internet Options: Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Ok. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk" then click on Ok.

3. Resetting your Windows Proxy Settings: Please review the following article: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28400

4. Try running a repair on the launcher with the LP4 setup file: https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_setup.exe

If these steps fail please either let me know here or in a ticket at help.soe.com - Inversely, I'd also really appreciate any confirmations of what fix worked for you. Thanks guys!
  2. Lacerta

Hey Sean,

Started following above steps when I had the 404 error, step two, halfway through fixed it for me. I deleted the personal settings, and was going to repeat deleting it again if the rest of the step did not work. However Deleting the personal settings on step 2 was all that was needed, the other parts of the step were not followed.

Hope it helps.
    • Up x 1
  3. vanuvanu

Sean - item #2 worked for me. Thanks! I was going nuts trying to reinstall and taking other steps. Appreciate the help.
  4. JDCollie=VX9=

#1 Did not work for me, but #2 seems to have done the trick, thanks!
  5. Hackomatique

#2 Worked for me. I did not even try #1 since others were saying #2 worked, and Steam successfully has me have no idea where Planetside 2 is on my disk... ;-P
  6. Ol Grizlore

I have performed all of the steps above and a few of my own. Nothing helps I see the screen cut and half with a 404 error.
  7. Kreszenz

i did the following steps in this order:
    - deleted the launchpad-cache-folder
    - rebooted the router
    - opened completely the firewall
    every step has no success.

after the reactivation of the firewall i Reset the Internet Explorer Settings.
    Bingo - launchpad was here again!

But, after 2 emergency Patches, i stuck on the loading screen at 94%..

btw.. I have already invested more than 2 hours of my time for the solution of YOUR problems soe..
    nice, isnt it?
  8. Ol Grizlore

Still doesn't wor...
  9. pranshu

I got past the error I am very thankful sean just follow the first step and the second dont try the first step itself i tried and the launchpad cache reappeared so follow both steps, and now it is downloading an update of 3712 MB update, is it supposed to download it?
  10. Cobalt123

Sean,
    I tried all the steps and I can't seem to find out what's wrong with it, I've tried all different methods to no success. the one I have come closest to was #2 but whenever I uncheck the proxy settings box it just keeps going back to unchecked. Can you please help?
  11. Cobalt123

The one that got closest to fixing it for me was the proxy settings but the box keeps getting checked again whenever i leave the page
  12. user101