Launchers are to slow

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Taj474, Nov 24, 2012.

1. iller

you're not posting in an Advice thread though.

Seriously.... don't be "that guy" when it's not necessary
  2. Zotamedu

I wouldn't mind that either. I only want the possibility to have more specialized dumb fire to be better at certain tasks. The current one is not good at anything in particular. My point is that one super weapon that does it all is no fun but the current one that does nothing good is also no fun.
  3. SinerAthin

Too expensive, too few people would actually have it.

I'm fine with the speed of vehicle lock on launchers, but G2A missiles need a notable speed increase.

Only ways to outrun them should be to 1. Pop flares. 2. Maneuver or 3. Move out of their AOE.

... not just casually fly away...
    • Up x 1
  4. Scorponok

all launchers are fine as they are...people just need to learn to use them right :)
  5. smoke eater

A speed up cert would be nice. As Vanu you can see the blue streak from the rocket from quite a distance and I find that only if I am close enough that I can get a hit. At around 100m a tank can see the rocket, stop and back up so it goes past easily. Only by catching the guy unawares and close up is it effective.
  6. KodiakX

The current velocity of the AA Launcher (Grounder) isn't enough to keep up with anything in the skies. You don't even have to burn away, simply doing slight maneuvers (vertical turns) will cause the rocket to be unable to keep up with the aircraft. It's so bad I've seen Liberators and Galaxies even manage this. The Annihilator Missile (which is 25% faster than a AA Launcher) has similar problems as well (but you'll still occasionally hit aircraft) on top of only doing 76% of the damage of an AA Launcher.

The velocity needs to be restored to what they were previously for this and the AV launcher when fired with a lock on and keep the lower velocity when fired as dumbfire. Tanks are also starting to simply out maneuver missiles cause of how slow they are now that they are adapting to it. I don't care if it's a cert really but the current version is pretty bad.
  7. Xanrn

Idiots like Scorponok are why stuff doesn't get fixed.

Please explain to me how the G2A launcher is fine.

When it lacks the speed and mobility to hit ESFs.
    When is routinely hits and does no damage.
    When you fire it, head-on against an ESF and it can't cope with the ESF dropping or rising a few ******* feet.

The G2A launcher is ******* broken, it is certainly not fine.
    • Up x 1
  8. Advent1s

Launchers need certs for longer range tracking (ESF pods get this...so it is just UNFAIR for tracking rockets from the ground not to), faster rockets up in 5% increments, up to SOE for the speed ceiling, an upgrade to nullify an aircrafts defences which replaces the others obviously as it is really nasty.
  9. Hoki

So the annihilator rocket is nice and fast, I'm wondering why can't the dumb-fire rockets be fast as well?

I'm sure it would just be too OP with their 10 second reload, guess would need to increase the reload to 20 seconds to compensate for a useful rocket.
  10. ZipIce

More like 25%.
  11. Erendil

More like 250%.

The launchers that we have in PS2 are crap outside of tank-hugging distance. I wish they'd hurry up and bring back PS1's ESAV weapons (are they still planning on doing this?).
    • Up x 1
  12. Yautja

Indeed. This is what gets me. Presently the rockets travel maybe 30m/s. IRL, ****** rockets AT travel 200m/s (infantry visibility is 300 meters, vehicle 800), better AT rockets nearly 300m/s and ****** MANPADS AA rockets start at 600m/s and go up to 800m/s.

Even at the low end of these values it would make the game significantly more playable and make armor and air respect infantry.
  13. Veri

After playing for a while I disagree with speeding up rocket weapons.

I use to think the default rocket launcher was too slow, but the idea is to get up and close.;
    Try to get behind a vehicle while it is distracted.
    To compensate you could get the decimator which I am sure is faster and possibly has less of an arch than the default rocket launcher.

A2G launcher is still and will most likely always be primarily a deterrent.
    I use this when I don't feel the need to bring out the dual burster max and my priorities are more infantry based.
  14. Nasher

The anti-vehicle launcher is ok I think. But the anti-air launchers are just broken, the rockets are to slow and even if it hits it doesn't do any damage most of the time. Also 1 flare should not stop multiple incoming rockets :/