Launcher not launching?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by V193R, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Collin

Its really sad to see this company just don´t give a crap no more.
  2. Roach75

How many of you have paid for Anti Virus/Internet Security packages?
  3. Collin

found it it was the antivirus browser and banking security
  4. Roach75

Please explain, what was it blocking and how did you resolve it?
  5. Collin

i just allowed access to all websides and then blocked them again

in your virus browser securety settings
  6. Roach75

Ok, I figured it out myself:

Opened my Internet Security program, switched off Browser Protection and Banking Protection, these were in a separate area from Firewall, then launch the game through Steam, updated logged in and playing, closed game, switched them back on and playing again.

Resolved for me, if you need help with this post back and I'll try my best to do so.
  7. theweb

Theres issues across the board with not being able to log in. Its all over twitter. I cannot play for 48 hours now. Nothing to do with your pc
  8. bonehead

Made no difference to me ..virus protection and firewall off :/
  9. Carthage

Bad form not getting back to us on this one... When I just started to really like the game...
  10. jamiex3055

Could u provide a more detailed list of the steps involved plz thanks been 2 days now since i played
  11. Roach75

Check your AV programs look for on/off switches for Browser Protection and Banking Protection specifically
  12. Roach75

See my last post, if you still need help ask again
  13. theweb

I have not played for 2 days. UK windows 10. Played 2 days ago then boom nothing. I get the 'PLAY' button as usual, I press it and it turns to 'PLAYING' as usual, the screen then goes black as usual for about 30 seconds, but instead of getting the character screen to choose my faction the damn client shuts down with no error messages or anything. Is this the same for anyone else?
  14. Aphotix

The launcher works thanks to this. Thanks! Now I hope I can actually log in as well.
  15. bonehead

You are right ...even switching AV off didn't do it ..had to find the setting ..

for those on TALKTALK ...start the av (the big T ) online safety.. settings .. Browsing protection ..and switch it off.... Thanks Roach
  16. jamiex3055

Thanks was finally able to get the launch to run

fyi I use bullguard

What I did was,

open bullguard
    went into settings, selected AV and unticked the following

under MISC
    Continue to monitor files when bullguard is closed

Under Safe browsing
    All boxes

that allowed the lanuch to update etc
  17. Roach75

thanks, but huge shout to Colin as well for this fix, collective community effort, I hope this fixes things for most, I know some people are still going to be disappointed but I have reported my comments in the support ticket so I hope they work on it.
  18. Roach75

Just remember to turn these protections back on once you have got into and played the game at least once
  19. brianlol3

thanks for help
  20. jamiex3055

yeah make sure u turn them back on I nearly forgot caused no problems after I turned them back on everything seems to be working now hope these answers help other people